closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ohhh no, not the germans again......

Ohhh no, not the germans again......

Well as if our footballing woes could get any worse.....yep, the Germans in the next round :(

They look beatable but sadly not by this England team despite a much better England performance today, although that said we are due a result against the Germans

Master

Re: Ohhh no, not the germans again......

BRING IT ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    BRING IT ON!!!
    +1

I think they'll rise to the challenge.

JK

Blog Entries

God I hope England kicks their asses!

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop
    God I hope England kicks their asses!
    +1

Will be a 'fun' game no matter :)

Master

Bound to be a good game, England Vs Germany games are always crackers

Master

It's business time! This is what the world cup is about, not all that group stage stuff.

Damn though! I'm at the England-Australia ODI though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    BRING IT ON!!!
    Too right...revenge for 1990 & 1996

I think the draw has it that England could play Argentina, should they beat Germany.

Cool, I wil look forward to that now.
    :D

frankly we will get hammered..
    lets be serious boys.. we only beat Slovenia by 1-0 and they aren't exactly known as the gold standard of football :lol: :lol: :lol:
    nevertheless will watch it like all of the England games and then wish i could make up for the wasted 90 minutes of my life...

Craftsman

I will be a great Sunday afternoons viewing,if Ozil and Schweinsteiger loose their race for fitness then England's chances improve, I thought Mesut Ozil was impressive against Ghana.

Quote Originally Posted by omegaUK
    frankly we will get hammered..
    lets be serious boys.. we only beat Slovenia by 1-0 and they aren't exactly known as the gold standard of football :lol: :lol: :lol:
    nevertheless will watch it like all of the England games and then wish i could make up for the wasted 90 minutes of my life...

Despite the 1st game in which Germany were superb, they have looked decidely average in the next 2 although i would admit that the ref in the 2nd game should be ashamed of himself.....bloody awful.

I think the Germans are beatable but i am not sure that this England side is even close to playing good enough football to win :( , anything can happen in knock out football and i would desperately love to see an England result buts lets get real, i think the Germans are the only ones that would be happy with the way the draw has worked out. None the less, Sunday 3pm - barbie on - a few beers and a com'on England chant -

Master

I'm going to be at McCartney in Hyde Park :(

We'll need to raise our game a further level to stand a chance against them. Succeeding in World Cups is what Germany are all about.

I was hoping we would get France :lol: .

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    Following their some what dismal performance they got bumped from 1st class to Economy for the flight home :D (Absolutely true btw)

This guy sums it up quite well unfortunately...

"Just how tough is it for England? Well, it couldn't be any tougher. If they manage to make it past Germany, they will most likely face Argentina in the quarter-finals. Then Spain. Then Brazil. They are the four teams England would least like to face (with apologies to Holland).

It's the team that always beats us, followed by the best team in the competition, followed by the pre-tournament favourites, followed by the country that has won more World Cups than anyone else. Nice."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/footba...t/article/946/
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by boddah
    This guy sums it up quite well unfortunately...

"Just how tough is it for England? Well, it couldn't be any tougher. If they manage to make it past Germany, they will most likely face Argentina in the quarter-finals. Then Spain. Then Brazil. They are the four teams England would least like to face (with apologies to Holland).

It's the team that always beats us, followed by the best team in the competition, followed by the pre-tournament favourites, followed by the country that has won more World Cups than anyone else. Nice."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/footba...t/article/946/
    Not sure why everyone is on about this. It could very well shake out that Holland must face Spain, then Brazil right out of the box. Would everyone rather Brazil be in the same bracket? So far, Germany is the only team to have suffered a loss and win their group. Could be much worse.

Eddie
    You would have gotten France as only Italy can - at the airport. :twisted:

Master

Imagine if England do beat ze germans. Everyone will run around in a state of delirium claiming England are destined to win the world cup, the odds are massively stacked against them BTA get through the next 2 games and why not? After all the German team is decidedly average, stop Messi and you stop Argentina, Spain can beat themselves sometimes and Brazil are certainly not unbeatable as proven by the fact they haven't won every competition going these past 20 years. Is an England word cup triumph any less likely than at any other time since 1970?

Quote Originally Posted by NJH
    Imagine if England do beat ze germans. Everyone will run around in a state of delirium claiming England are destined to win the world cup, the odds are massively stacked against them BTA get through the next 2 games and why not? After all the German team is decidedly average, stop Messi and you stop Argentina, Spain can beat themselves sometimes and Brazil are certainly not unbeatable as proven by the fact they haven't won every competition going these past 20 years. Is an England word cup triumph any less likely than at any other time since 1970?

Positive thinking chap, i like it, tough but far from impossible. :wink:

We'll probably struggle during the first half but then the Yanks will turn up to help us out in the second half.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Our Unit will be assisting the German Police, at the public viewing in Celle, We will be there when it all kicks off after the game!

We'll probably struggle during the first half but then the Yanks will turn up to help us out in the second half.

Eddie
    :lol: :lol:

BTW - how's Japan doing ?

Let hope we beat em tomorow. Win or lose I don't think I'll remember alot about it anyway ;)

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NJH
    Imagine if England do beat ze germans.
    Der Kaiser Chief (that's Beckenbauer, for those not following his week's-worth of trash-talking to any journo who'll thrust a mic in the direction of his comedy mullet) will be spitting chips if they do. So I'd like to see England win just for that. It all depends on whether they can get the ball out to "Finney on the wing".
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!