closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Really impressed with a watch

Really impressed with a watch

When I was back home in Yorkshire for the Oxenhope Straw Race yesterday, I got an oppourtunity to look at/wear a new watch of my dad's. It is a 1998 Zenith Chronomaster hand-wound Elite in gold. WOW was I impressed, I loved it! Sadly I don't have any pictures, as I didn't have my camera.

Normally gold watches aren't for me (my dad dislikes too, but you could only get this watch in gold or platinum), but I loved this one. The dial quality is the finest I have seen. It is Breguet esq, but of a higher quality. The diameter must be 36 or 37mm ish, but it is very thin, so is wonderfully comfortable to wear.

This is the first Zenith I have really looked at and it has really impressed me. It has so much more class than most of the vile pieces Zenith have been making recently.

I have just leant my dad one of my watches for a few weeks, so hopefully I'll get a chance to borrow the Zenith some later in the summer. And yes, I'll try to post some pictures.

Re: Really impressed with a watch

80's and 90's zeniths can be lovely, much nicer than most recent stuff.

Thanks for the tip off guys I shall have a look on the net :)

A few have come up lately at watches.co.uk for around the 2k mark; not bad for an 18k watch with a movement as nice as the Zenith Elite. The Elite calibre is great; 55 hour power reserve and date setting in both directions.

Master

I love Zenith watches, very underestimated IMO. A bit like Jaeger, the thinking WIS's watch. Yes I know in recent years things went a bit awry, but the brand is still 'there' and things are looking up for the future.
    This is my favourite & one that always travels with me on holiday with my GMTII.

Sometimes I just stare at the face and study it for no apparent reason, everything is just right about this piece.

Master

Any excuse to post a pic of my Zenith el Primero Chronomaster Moon:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Any excuse to post a pic of my Zenith el Primero Chronomaster Moon:

A beauty & class. :love4: