closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: You big tool

You big tool

Gentlemen......

As I close my front gate on a week which has taken more than its pound of flesh from me, I find a little tingle of excitement as I spy a small parcel has been waiting patiently for my arrival.

I savour the moment before shedding the first layer, eager, yet in no rush for the moment to be rushed.

The sweet sensation of revelation approaches, my eyes slowly drink in the small measures of quality and refinement

I feel the pulse quicken slightly..........

Oh my...............

.......to be continued

Journeyman

Re: You big tool

Looks like the start of a beautiful friendship :) Could it be a Vortex?

That's a rather fine box, it has to be said!!

I used to have a kampschwimmer in that exact packaging so im going for that choice, nice watch it was too, regret flipping it

Craftsman

C'mon - get on with it you big tease...
    :lol: :lol:

I just bought the boxes..........

Master

I present.............

the dievas aqualuna professional...............

spec:

"Whether its commercial welding gas pipes on the bottom of the Black sea or treasure hunting through a sunken ship in the pacific, there come times when a diver going at depth need a dive watch he can rely on. The latest flagship dive watch from Dievas, the AquaLuna Professional is manufactured specifically for this purpose. With at least a year on the drawing boards at the engineers’ office, countless hours are spent to design and manufacture a paramount dive watch that will not only do what it is supposed to, but aesthetically appealing and original.
    The Dievas AquaLuna Professional is a Swiss Made, 1000metres water-resistant dive watch powered by the robust and reliable Swiss automatic 28,000bhp mechanical automatic movement, ETA-2824-2. The watch measures a diameter of 44mm(excluding the crown) and 18mm thick, utilizes a 3-piece case which is entirely milled from the best grade 316L stainless steel using the latest CNC technology. After CNC, the raw case is checked for blemishes. And the case is further processed with a stealth PVD finishing which gives it a non reflective surface. The manual finishing gives the watch an exquisite and uniform detail throughout. The utilization of quality precision equipment compliments the superlative finishing of the experienced case maker resulting in a watch case of the highest standard adorning well defined lines and clean edges.
    A 120-click, tight, positive click action uni-directional bezel tops off the main case, complete with ‘diamond-studded’ notches all round. Diver’s time elapse markings are meticulously engraved on the surface of the bezel coupled with a luminous pip at 60 minute for below depth timing duties. Upon close inspection, one will notice the polished tip of the diamond studs that glitters as it catches light giving the watch that tad of sparkle, a rather unique classy complexion altogether.
    A premium grade 5.5mm thick sapphire crystal with military grade super anti-reflective coating seals the inside surface. The crystal sits marginally higher on the bezel giving the watch a 3-tier effect (lateral view eye-level) one of the many integrated subtle design elements. An ample 8mm screw-in Dievas signed crown with twin O-rings allows easy time setting while maintaining water resistant integrity.
    As hefty a watch as the Dievas AquaLuna Professional needs a sturdy strap to go together.A leather sport strap with matching stitching and stealth PVD buckle.
    Most would agree that since most amount of time is spent looking at the watch, specifically the dial, it is only fitting a well thought out and appealing design is to be incorporated. The AquaLuna Professional delivers on this aspect with Arabic 2, 4, 8, 10 printed in an ingenious arrangement, patterned wave motif centre section and 2nd layer ring around with exact second indices. The surround ring and the numerals are fully lumed with Swiss Super Luminova which glows to a bright, lasting radiance for hours. Two diff color dial options are available.
    Telling time is always engaging with the gorgeous hands. The minute hand painted orange for contrast to allow maximum readability underwater. All the hands are filled with Swiss Super Luminova

Thanks gunsx'd - blew that one nicely

:shock: I think I prefer the box!!

:roll:

Complete anti-climax that was.

Ye Gads, that's ugly :shock:

I like the box too though :drunken:

Lol, hence the title of the post!

Quote Originally Posted by dielwriter
    Lol, hence the title of the post!
    Send it back for a refund, and demand compensation :evil: :drunken:

What a shame, making you buy that, the seller should be ashamed of himself :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    I was thinking exactly the same but thought it a trifle rude to say anything. Thanks Jon :lol:

Cheers,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    I was thinking exactly the same but thought it a trifle rude to say anything. Thanks Jon :lol:

Cheers,
    Gary
    You know me, never one to mince my words ;)

Banned
    Blog Entries

OH MY GOD!

How can they do that to a perfectly decent eta movement!!

I have a theory that at just shy of 20mm deep, this is just a protective covering for a lovely watch. I just can't figure out how to get it out.

Lovely package but I'd have to say the dial is a bit of an acquired taste :wink:
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Congratulations.

Dievas sure make some bold watches.

I had the Vortex, but could not live with the puny movement in that huge huge huge case, after I popped it open to have a look see. Just me, I guess :roll:

You sounded a bit excited in your first post....did you have a fag afterwards? :lol:

Time to eat humble pie - having spent the weekend with my new acquisition......I'm liking it!

I awoke Saturday morning, looked to my wrist for the time, and realised what I had done the night before. I had taken this beast to bed with me and was now going to suffer the distaste of the morning after.

I spent most of the morning twatting the HUGE 18mm deep case off every door in the house, rather surprisingly, not a dink or scuff to be seen. Although this watch will never fit under a shirt cuff, it should be OK with a kaftan, which EVERYBODY is wearing to work these days anyway.

Despite the gargantuan size of this monster, it is relatively light and very comfortable, thanks in no small part to the Toshi within which it resides.

Absolutely the best feature is the legibility of the dial, severely put to the test on Saturday night after consuming far too much alcohol. Waking up at 4am, with a mouth like a Mexican wrestler's armpit, I discovered the lume - it's bright.........it's big.................it's bold! The glow from the hands, dial numbers and even the indices on the inner bezel created something which Jean-Michelle Jarre could have used to play 'Sun Arise' on.

Having recovered from my initial rollercoaster of emotions on 'opening day', the elation of uncovering an inner box and accoutrements of leatherclad sumptuousity, to the eye-popping, stomach-dropping, ring-clenching impact of opening the case to reveal a big black tool - I have decided that I DO like marmite after all.

The immense eclectitude of my collection continues, long live the big tool, now then....any Joe Rodeo diamoniques on SC..?

Quote Originally Posted by kiki-picasso

Ye Gads, that's ugly :shock:

I like the box too though :drunken:
    .....sounds like a description of my ex-wife :lol:

Nice box.................unique watch!
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

...CONTINUE UNPACKING, MAY BE YOU'LL FIND THE WATCH INSIDE THAT HIDEOUS BLACK ROUND BOX :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bom: