Time to eat humble pie - having spent the weekend with my new acquisition......I'm liking it!

I awoke Saturday morning, looked to my wrist for the time, and realised what I had done the night before. I had taken this beast to bed with me and was now going to suffer the distaste of the morning after.

I spent most of the morning twatting the HUGE 18mm deep case off every door in the house, rather surprisingly, not a dink or scuff to be seen. Although this watch will never fit under a shirt cuff, it should be OK with a kaftan, which EVERYBODY is wearing to work these days anyway.

Despite the gargantuan size of this monster, it is relatively light and very comfortable, thanks in no small part to the Toshi within which it resides.

Absolutely the best feature is the legibility of the dial, severely put to the test on Saturday night after consuming far too much alcohol. Waking up at 4am, with a mouth like a Mexican wrestler's armpit, I discovered the lume - it's bright.........it's big.................it's bold! The glow from the hands, dial numbers and even the indices on the inner bezel created something which Jean-Michelle Jarre could have used to play 'Sun Arise' on.

Having recovered from my initial rollercoaster of emotions on 'opening day', the elation of uncovering an inner box and accoutrements of leatherclad sumptuousity, to the eye-popping, stomach-dropping, ring-clenching impact of opening the case to reveal a big black tool - I have decided that I DO like marmite after all.

The immense eclectitude of my collection continues, long live the big tool, now then....any Joe Rodeo diamoniques on SC..?