closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Sports Models - Discount?!?

Craftsman

Rolex Sports Models - Discount?!?

Tried searching for an answer, but it seems to bring countless unrelated topics to the fore so thought i may be better off just asking :)

When i ordered a new PO last week, i spoke to my AD about Rolex. I told him i was soon intending to buy either a DSSD or GMT2C and he said that discounts were available, but they are limited on the SS sports models.

Talking about it with the wife, we're going to go into Leeds in the next week or two and order a Rolex for me, and an Omega for her. I know what discount to expect for Omega (and my AD doesn't disappoint :)) but was wondering what the 'limited' discount might be on the Rolex sports models???

Rusty

Re: Rolex Sports Models - Discount?!?

I would say your unlikely to get a discount at all from any AD on the SUB's / GMT's / DSSD / EXP 2's

Master

For better discounts buy from a grey dealer....plenty of good ones about. PM me if you want details

Mike

Craftsman

I doubt you'd get a discount on Rolex SS Sports models. You can get a 10% discount though at Ernest Jones if you own a single share in the Signet Group (the share costs around £15).

Craftsman

Some of the more trusted dealers over on Turf offer some serious discounts

Craftsman

Hi Rusty
    try http://www.bankslyon.co.uk/

Very helpful

Regards
    Martin

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by nitram
    Hi Rusty

Very helpful

Regards
    Martin
    I can vouch for them also. Ask for Phil their personal shopper.

Craftsman

If you don't get as much joy in Leeds as you were anticipating and don't mind pre-owned, you could do a lot worse than to having a chat with Guy at http://www.vintage-swiss-watches.com/ a bit further North up in Harrogate. He's very knowledgable, enthusiastic and always willing to cut a good deal on what he has in stock and/or try to source what you're looking for.

Cheers

Ian :D

Journeyman

You are in yorkshire so it would be worth going over to hull to have a look at blowers they have an amazing quantity and quality of watches including all the rolexs and omegas you could want. Just google them for the website but nothing beats a visit although they are not and AD and so cannot technically sell 'new' watches they do have plenty of 'unworn' 2009/10 model watches. Now i do understand that hull is not as nice a day out as leeds but like i said look at the site and then decide. I got my submariner from them and my father had a daytona from them and they have my recommendations.

George

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brownip
    If you don't get as much joy in Leeds as you were anticipating and don't mind pre-owned, you could do a lot worse than to having a chat with Guy at http://www.vintage-swiss-watches.com/ a bit further North up in Harrogate. He's very knowledgable, enthusiastic and always willing to cut a good deal on what he has in stock and/or try to source what you're looking for.

Cheers

I emailed them three days ago to enquire if one of their advertised watches had ever been serviced.

No reply :?

Can only assume their email system is vintage too?

Quote Originally Posted by chainy75
    Hi Rusty

Very helpful

Regards
    Martin
    I can vouch for them also. Ask for Phil their personal shopper.

gave me 230 off a sub

Discounts are there. I was offered a brand new GMT IIc from an AD for £3,900 earlier this year.

Craftsman

Thanks for all the suggestions fellas, sounds like discount depends on where you go and how well you know them, and can be anywhere from 15% ish to a smack in the eye

I'll give my AD a chance and see what he can do. He is VERY VERY helpful and always seems to be prepared to bend over backwards for your custom. It just doesn't feel right not getting a discount now :wink:

Just phoned and he's on holiday until the end of the week so i might go see him next weekend.

Rusty

Personally I'd go in the AD and ask - especially as if I was also buying an Omega at the same time. Any AD that has stock in the hasn't moved in a while should be happy to discount and replace/update his stock - only common sense - you just might have to ask a few to get the right answer - I'd expect 10% off a SS Rolex Sport with no problem for an official AD but then I'd get 10%of a SS Daytona if I bought it from Ernst and Jones with my signet card so it doesn't sound amazing - but better than some Gray/Grey dealers out there for an official AD watch.

I got a good discount when I bought two Omega's - and foolishly turned down a 15% discount of a brand new at the time M serial Sea-dweller! :(
    It's just a matter of time...

Tried a DSSD this very morning, at a local AD, [they had two in stock :roll: ] & despite them "suggesting" that there was a waiting list, I persevered & asked them for their best price & was immediately offered one at £5300; I strongly suspect that this was just their opening offer . . ?
    There again, the same sales person also told me that Rolex no longer stock GMTII bezels!
    Regards M.

Difficult to get a discount on the sports models unless you have a signet dis card then 10%. You willl get better value from rolexroz on turfers

Rusty,
    who's your AD,is it in leeds,have you had discounts from him before,i tried on 2 DSSD's in leeds yesterday,had to laugh the first one didnt have one as they are rare,then when i spoke about the watch and they saw my sd on my arm they suddenly produced one from the back for me to try on... :shock:

Craftsman

Looks like there are worthwhile discounts to be had, will just have to wait and see when i go next week. Just have to decide between the dweller or the GMT now - never thought i'd be faced with such a problem, makes you realise how lucky you are

Rusty

Banned
    Blog Entries

A freindof mine is moving to Brunai on the 19t of August. Im hoping the prices over there ma be better, no VAT for a strat should lead to some saving.

Craftsman

Last time I had any contact was about aweek ago and he was just abbout to head off on his hols - a bit lax to not set up an auto reply on e-mails to that effect but hey-ho.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    Quote Originally Posted by brownip

Cheers

I emailed them three days ago to enquire if one of their advertised watches had ever been serviced.

No reply :?

Can only assume their email system is vintage too?

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704
    Rusty,
    who's your AD,is it in leeds,have you had discounts from him before,i tried on 2 DSSD's in leeds yesterday,had to laugh the first one didnt have one as they are rare,then when i spoke about the watch and they saw my sd on my arm they suddenly produced one from the back for me to try on... :shock:
    :lol:

They are not the best AD's in Leeds.

Better service and knowledge form Blowers in Hull (and better prices).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman

Update - Plumped for the DSSD, managed 13.26% discount :D i'm a happy camper :D

Rusty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK

Chris, didn't think Blowers were AD, but 'grey'. Am I wrong?

I have bought from them and to be honest find them a touch 'tight'.

I would say Russ getting over 13% for a brand spanker was pretty good.

Congrats Russ!

Quote Originally Posted by rusty

Rusty
    From an AD that is a very good deal, well done!

Craftsman

I do happen to consider my AD to be exceptional :) very friendly, very helpful and very grateful for the business.

Rusty

Chris, didn't think Blowers were AD, but 'grey'. Am I wrong?

I have bought from them and to be honest find them a touch 'tight'.

I would say Russ getting over 13% for a brand spanker was pretty good.

Congrats Russ!
    No - not an AD, but far more knowledgable and a massive choice - discounts are not often available but for me this is offset by the service not often enjoyed via the AD route.

Banned

No - not an AD, but far more knowledgable and a massive choice - discounts are not often available but for me this is offset by the service not often enjoyed via the AD route.
    Sorry Chris, agree the team at Blowers are without doubt knowledgeable, especially Mark I have found, however, if buying new I don't give a monkey's about knowledge, but prefer to get a discount as no knowledge, or service is required. You check the package is complete, pay your money and leave happy.

For NIB, or used items, they are my top choice in the North for sure and those stock levels :shock:

I am trying to understand this.

Does anyone know where the grey dealers get their stuff from?

Or like to speculate.....

Sorry Chris, agree the team at Blowers are without doubt knowledgeable, especially Mark I have found, however, if buying new I don't give a monkey's about knowledge, but prefer to get a discount as no knowledge, or service is required. You check the package is complete, pay your money and leave happy.

For NIB, or used items, they are my top choice in the North for sure and those stock levels :shock:
    Yep, stock level and choice is :shock:

Master
    ...was wondering what the 'limited' discount might be on the Rolex sports models? Rusty
    Well, for some it is 100%.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/m ... 1279374260

Master

Highly unlikely to get a discount on a Rolex SS at all anywhere mate... :(

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shakir Khaja
    Not anywhere...........?

Rusty
    Too much 'can't get discount' banded about. You can. Simple.

The tip for every European!

Buy a cheap ticket to Jersey or even Guernsey (another coouple of percent cheaper!!) and get it cheaper than anywhere on the planet!! 8)

Master

I went to 5 ADs on Saturday, cash-in-pocket, fully prepared to buy a new GMTIIc there and then to the first AD to give me a discount - and I made this clear (that I was a serious cash buyer).

Not one offered me a penny discount, and that was despite putting in time doing friendly watch chat and all the usual things to help ingratiate the ADs (i.e. I didn't just walk in "cold" and ask what discount I could get).

The bottom like is that Rolex Sports Models are full price, unless there is an unusual circumstance behind the scenes that you dont know about i.e. AD needing cash flow urgently etc, and that's just down to "buyer" luck being at the right AD on the right day.

I am firmly committed to buying second hand now.

If you are looking at major discounts, this is the way to go. These can be spent in Ernest Jones.
    The high value ones can be a bargain!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/signet-gold-vouch ... 255bdbb1c0

Peter

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by ach5
    I went to 5 ADs on Saturday, cash-in-pocket, fully prepared to buy a new GMTIIc there and then to the first AD to give me a discount - and I made this clear (that I was a serious cash buyer).

Not one offered me a penny discount, and that was despite putting in time doing friendly watch chat and all the usual things to help ingratiate the ADs (i.e. I didn't just walk in "cold" and ask what discount I could get).

The bottom like is that Rolex Sports Models are full price, unless there is an unusual circumstance behind the scenes that you dont know about i.e. AD needing cash flow urgently etc, and that's just down to "buyer" luck being at the right AD on the right day.

Was offered the GMT2C for 3800 iirc on saturday, though i felt it was a tad too small (only just mind) so plumped for the deep sea (which might be regarded as a tad too big!)

Keep plugging away and you'll get one and save plenty to boot :)

Rusty

Master

Rusty - PM sent.

If I'd been offered it at £3800 I would have absolutely bought it without hesitation!

So why not buy it from THAT AD - i'm sure they'd do it over the phone?
    I'd ring before i went anywhere - ask to speak to the store manager - advise you've been offered one at "X" and ask them to match the deal.
    Goldsmiths are trained to say NO at least twice, but they give discount in the end.

Grand Master

Hi Rusty

Very helpful

Regards
    Martin
    Bob, the sales manager at Banks Lyon, was on the same BHI course as me earlier this year. He's a really nice bloke and I reckon you could get a deal out of him.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ach5

Surely you play them off against each other? Well Wos offered me 12% off what can you do?

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by adhir
    Not heard of AD giving discount on the Sports. What can be done is to send the watch out of Europe EEC and save 17.5%. Soon to be 20%.
    Well it's not quite like that - what you actually avoid is having the 17.5% (or from next year, 20%) added on in the first place. That makes it a discount of 14.9% (or 16.7%). The tax evasion element is up to you ;).

Another option is via a quidco-compliant store, or become a Signet shareholder and get 10% off that way if you shop at Ernest Jones. Or, interest-free credit (although that saves you very little these days).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

As has been stated, discounts on Rolex SS are easily available.

Everywhere.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    If you are looking at major discounts, this is the way to go. These can be spent in Ernest Jones.
    The high value ones can be a bargain!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/signet-gold-vouch ... 255bdbb1c0

Peter
    I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole, £2.5K for a card (with no picture to indicate its value) from a seller with 3 feedback, :? no thanks.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by whoami
    As has been stated, discounts on Rolex SS are easily available.

Everywhere.

And as has been equally established, most AD's aren't offering ANY discount.

Discounts from ADs are very definitely the exception to the rule on these watches.

Master

The United Kingdom list prices have been very favourable due to the Sterling currency exchange but if you are looking around in Middle East and Asia, off the main streets but still official AD's one can easily get a good discount off list price for cash purchase. Especially in Singapore 20% is easy achievable, once leaving another 10% GST can be collected at the the airport but sometimes list prices there are higher than in the UK but cheaper than in Ireland or Switzerland.