closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: So, the makers of Peep Show may want to film in my flat.

Master

So, the makers of Peep Show may want to film in my flat.

Although it means losing control of our flat for the day and potentially having it buggered around with, it may be worth it for a bit of cash and some variety.

I've done this years ago involving a Jamie Oliver Sainsbury's ad, and as well as paying a decent rate (can't remember exactly, but ended up with a few hundred each) we got the flat decorated for free. Struggling to think of any downsides at the moment other than the potential for ridicule - we were quite chuffed with the Oliver ad until we found out that in the ad, the flat was supposed to belong to a nominal drop-out, stoner mate who lived in a near-neglected hovel.

Master

Re: So, the makers of Peep Show may want to film in my flat.

How does that happen then? Do you know someone in that line of work?

Sounds quite good fun to me. And a little bit of stardust for you :lol:

Journeyman

Yeah I'd definitely do it. Bit of a ball ache having to essentially hand over your flat to them but like you say, hard to see an ultimate downside to it. Bit of cash in the pocket and a clean flat when they leave...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jd

Not in this case; they've filmed around here a few times (not Croydon) so they maybe keep an eye out for possible locations.

The Jamie Oliver time, they were looking for a flat with a serving hatch, and mine fitted the bill. Have been looking for the ad on You Tube just now, but doesn't seem to be there. Not a classic, presumably.

Banned

Thee BBC used my mothers house a few times filming Dr Who, she got about £800 for it :shock: Go for it buddy 8)

They used our previous house for the exterior shots in Brideshead Revisited.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Although it means losing control of our flat for the day and potentially having it buggered around with, it may be worth it for a bit of cash and some variety.

I've done this years ago involving a Jamie Oliver Sainsbury's ad, and as well as paying a decent rate (can't remember exactly, but ended up with a few hundred each) we got the flat decorated for free. Struggling to think of any downsides at the moment other than the potential for ridicule - we were quite chuffed with the Oliver ad until we found out that in the ad, the flat was supposed to belong to a nominal drop-out, stoner mate who lived in a near-neglected hovel.
    let me nkow if they want another of those :lol:
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman

I used to work in The Adelphi in Leeds, which was used for a number of episodes of Band of Gold, and also A Touch of Frost.

My boss got given £100 because his hand came in shot when serving a beer to David Jason...

I believe it was comandeered again recently for something else but memory fails as to what rubbish the BBC were filming this time...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    My parents' place was used by a BBC comedy show for the opening shots, but I was just a kid at the time really.

Banned

they used our backyard for steptoe and son :lol:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by soapy
    they used our backyard for steptoe and son :lol:
    In fairness, they could use my back garden for an episode of Shameless

Master
    Business must be good.

My friends dad was a minicab driver and he was approached by the bbc to let them have his car for a few days while they filmed a drama.

He trousered some easy money and some months later sat down to watch his pride and joy get subjected to handbtake turns, tyre smoking starts and dramatic stops.

He wasn't a happy bunny.
    :lol:

Journeyman

It's Peep Show, you must do it. Quality programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Quote Originally Posted by jd

Not in this case; they've filmed around here a few times (not Croydon) so they maybe keep an eye out for possible locations.

The Jamie Oliver time, they were looking for a flat with a serving hatch, and mine fitted the bill. Have been looking for the ad on You Tube just now, but doesn't seem to be there. Not a classic, presumably.
    But the block of flats that they keep showing is Zodiac Court in West Croydon.

Master

But the block of flats that they keep showing is Zodiac Court in West Croydon.
    Yes, which is why I mentioned that; I don't live in Croydon :?

Master

Go for it you'll definately get a few quid - which could create a nice little fund for a new watch from the SC.... :wink:

Master

I've just left a message for the woman who emailed me earlier, but I've just been informed by my PA (aka wife) that we're going to be away for much of September, which is when they want to film - bugger :(

They only need it for a few days though, so all hope is not totally lost.

Thomas Reid

I think that they used shots of the place I work for some of the Harry Potter movies. :)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    I think that they used shots of the place I work for some of the Harry Potter movies. :)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    You work at Hogwarts? Are you a real wizard, Bob?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point

Best wishes,
    Bob
    You work at Hogwarts? Are you a real wizard, Bob?
    I don't know about being a wizard, but the place is magic.

Here's one of my pictures of the staircase to Hall, which might be familiar.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Eddie

Very drool Eddie :D .

A bit like how they used ours when blowning up the Whitehouse in Independance Day and my Cobra in Bad Boys and Dodge Charger in Vanishing Point :D alas none exist today. :wink: It was worth it - a signed photo a Chevy Chase and popcorn for a year.

My X-Wing Fighter was the one that crashed in to control tower on the Death Star - I got bugger all for that :( - admin error!

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oddgitt
    I used to work in The Adelphi in Leeds, which was used for a number of episodes of Band of Gold, and also A Touch of Frost.

My boss got given £100 because his hand came in shot when serving a beer to David Jason...

I believe it was comandeered again recently for something else but memory fails as to what rubbish the BBC were filming this time...
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the Adelphi a tatty gay pub near the Aire? :P .

A Touch of Frost and Peep Show, totally different kettles of fish but both fantastic series in their own right. Why can't we see more of this type of television?!!

Master

Well, it's in the hands of their (fairly dopey sounding) researchers now; they were in the area yesterday and I was working from home most of the day, but I was in a meeting in town when they called.

I know the idea is that you basically bugger off whilst filming goes on, which (if it goes ahead) I will do, but it'd be pretty weird and almost stalkerish meeting Robert Webb as I used to see him in the pub almost every week.

Master

my house was used as murder scenes in touch of frost. and our cars were used as props in latest david jason film ....come rain or shine....so proud of them.....no method acting.

Master

Well, one of the production team has been round and they think it may be suitable. Should hear from the location manager in a couple of days.

they could use my daughter's bedroom if they ever want to film a post-apocalypse drama about the effects of a nuclear attack on a landfill site....

Here's one of my pictures of the staircase to Hall, which might be familiar.
    I'm calling shenanigans; there should be birds and their droppings everywhere if this is real (unless something's been done to dispose of them in the last couple of years!).

Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis

I'm calling shenanigans; there should be birds and their droppings everywhere if this is real (unless something's been done to dispose of them in the last couple of years!).
    I'm afraid that I'm not following you. It is the staircase to Hall in Christ Church. I think it was used as the staircase in the HP movies, and the college Hall was used as the model for the Hall in the films, although, the Hall, I believe, was built/reconstructed on the the movie set. Is it that the staircase was just modelled on the college one, but built on the set as well?

Best wishes,
    Bob

Nothing so complicated - just that when I was up, there were regularly birds sitting up high above the staircase to Hall in Christ Church and the "banisters" had a fair bit of dirt on them!
    It all looks rather clean and nice in your pic! :)