closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mobile Phone tariffs...

Mobile Phone tariffs...

Hi guys, hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Me and the Mrs have had the same mobile phone numbers since 1996, firstly with Cellnet then with o2.

Thanks to my wife's utter unreasonableness, she has been able to extract frankly amazing deals from o2.

However yesterday we received quite the most poorly written letter we have ever received which apart from annoying the hell out of me for its poor construction irritated the hell out the wife too as it was effectively more than doubling our yearly/monthly tariff.

Needless to say we gave up trying to get thru to o2 last night.

We have always been very happy with our deals and not needed to look elsewhere, but this time when the Mrs lays into them I think maybe we will have to think about moving away.

Where is the best place to go to for the best deals where we can keep our current hand sets and numbers. I've googled "best deals" but they try to make it confusing and get you to sign up for something where you have to claim cash backs and take unwanted gifts which are probably just tricks to try and screw you.

thanks

Re: Mobile Phone tariffs...

I'd stay with O2 if you can sort out a deal as I my experience they are the best of the Mobile providers

They do a sim only range of contracts that are really cheap or my son has a pay & go where he tops up £10 a month and he gets 100 mins free talk time and unlimited texts

If your wanting a new phone then you need to work out purchase costs of the mobile as you obvoiusly pay for the 'free' phone with higher tariffs on your contract

If you decide to leave O2 and want to keep your numbers just ask for the PAC codes from O2 - you then give these to your new provider and your number is migrated - You will be allocated a temporary number until yours is ported across

Finally - Go with one of the big three i.e, O2, Vodafone or Orange. Don't be tempted by cheap deals on 3 as they are shite no matter what they say. T- mobile are slightly cheaper than the big three but Our corporate contract has been with them for the past 12 months (against my advice) and we are leaving them because of wall to wall problems

Lee

Apprentice

If you've got a big Tesco near you have a look in, the one near my work has a little mobile shop in the corner & some of the tariffs looked very reasonable.
    12 month contract on O2 (sim only) was £10 a month for 600 minutes & "unlimited" texts - £5 a month extra got you a phone included !!!

In my experience, when I have tried to leave O2 as I have found a better deal, i have been put through to the loyalty and consequently come away with a brilliant deal.

Chris

Banned

+1 on going through the loyalty team - I've had some unbelievable offers from T-mobile that way.

I went through all of this with o2 myself recently.
    Got through to loyalty people etc in disconnections - useless - rang a few times - their tarrifs have all changed as they were getting dicked on the free interent thing.
    So - TESCO MOBILE sim only (month by month)is where i put my money.
    £20 a month - 750 anytime mins, unlimited texts, unlimted (but really 1gb) internet
    I have had no issues - got my pac code from o2 and Tesco actually runs on the o2 netwrk.
    I have an iphone - so just had it unlocked.
    The Cust service is great - never gone over my allowance, and you can look at it all online if you are into that sort of thing.

I was with o2 for at least 10 yers - i was disgusted with their offers - long tie ins - not wanting to give a dcent phone and decent tariff - so i jumped.

Oh - and i got 1000 clubcard points too, and get points on everything i spend with them a month - every little helps.
    You can do it all instore very easily and the pac code thing is a doddle.

Good luck - and tell o2 they suck. :evil:

Oh - and just had a look on quidco.com - you can get £80 cashback AND an x-box arcade free if you go through their site and onto Orange website and purchase any mobile monthly plan etc - a nice gift for kids etc and £80, but not sure on the phones/value as many long contracts.

I have found that O2 have recently changed their loyalty policy.

I have two lines with o2, one with a 40% (yes 40%) loyalty discount and one with a 20% discount.

I have had these deals for a couple of years but if I upgrade my phone I lose the discounts. It's cheaper for me to buy new phone than lose my discount.

Thanks for your help guys, defo look into the tesco deals as only a few miles down the road is a tesco megastore which i know does phones.

I emailed your suggestions to wifey and immediately up popped a discrete tesco mobile ad within my gmail...

http://phone-shop.tesco.com/convpro/...lesalesContent

Google's targeted advertising would appear to genuinely work!