closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***TZ-UK added to Tapatalk for mobiles***

***TZ-UK added to Tapatalk for mobiles***

I don't even pretend to understand what this is, owning a Nokia 6130 but I'm sure this means something to a lot of you. Apparently it enables easier mobile browsing for more modern phones :wink: . Anyway, here's the blurb.

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
    Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

Same feature set as iPhone:

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!
    TZ-UK is listed under Entertainment/others (they don't have a category for watches :( ).

Eddie
    Last edited by swanbourne; 17th July 2012 at 10:42. Reason: remove sticky

Blog Entries

Re: ***TZ_UK added to Tapatalk for mobiles***

I guess that answers my question: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115145

;)
    Oliver

Re: ***TZ-UK added to Tapatalk for mobiles***

Yippee I suggested it lol That's brilliant Eddie.

tapatalk makes it sooo easy for forums on the iPhone. Also works for android phones and some nokias (the smart phone nokias I believe)

Marvellous!

I have never heard of this before today but looks great - looks like you can get all of your best fora on it.

That's right, fora.

Well having found this thread I've shelled out my £1.79 for the full app. It looks really good so far apart from PMs not working. Thanks for adding this Eddie.

Blog Entries

Well... I just tried the read only free version. I guess I'll stick with Safari on my iPhone.
    The layout is much better when viewed in the browser.

I guess it's great for devices with small screens and/or bad browsers.

:)
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop
    Well... I just tried the read only free version. I guess I'll stick with Safari on my iPhone.
    The layout is much better when viewed in the browser.

I guess it's great for devices with small screens and/or bad browsers.

Oliver
    Tapatalk is much easier I think. It was designed for the iPhone;)

So was the installation worth the 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    Yes, just downloaded it and it looks good, very easy to use, many thanks for setting it up :)

Thomas Reid

Will those of us without embrowsered mobile phones still be able to use TZ-UK? ;)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    Will those of us without embrowsered mobile phones still be able to use TZ-UK? ;)

Best wishes,
    Bob
    I hope so Bob, I too am "non-embrowsered". :wink:

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

On the iPhone it is great, am using it now. Different to the PC version of the forum and very easy to use.

Craftsman

Thanks Eddie - works a treat!

Jake

Grand Master

As far as I'm concerned yes, but then I don't own an Iphone. This Tappatalk app is of the Iphone, to the Iphone, by, with or from the Iphone and as such, for the app to work properly money needs to change hands and that's doesn't sit too comfortably with me :)

The regular site works very well on standard mobile device browers, including the Iphone's I thought (so why this new app?) but on Operas Mini and Mobile it's sometimes not possible to quote text in one's reply. Also Tear on the Maemo platform renders the site very quickly indeed but won't let you post at all - Fennec is fine, but it's slower.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

I think so... there are a couple of issues I posted to the thread in the George & Dragon, but overall very good... I don't know if the problems with it reporting the forum is off-line when going for the in-box and who's online is because of a problem with your install, or whether something else.

Best wishes
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Jabes
    I think so... there are a couple of issues I posted to the thread in the George & Dragon, but overall very good... I don't know if the problems with it reporting the forum is off-line when going for the in-box and who's online is because of a problem with your install, or whether something else.

Best wishes
    James
    There is no config for the install, I only needed to have their directory in the root directory of the forum and add one line to one file. It initially didn't work because the download is a ZIP file and I unzipped it on my own computer and uploaded the folder to the root of the forum. This is not the way to do it apparently, I had to delete the folder, upload the ZIP file and then unzip it on the server before it would work.

There are no settings to change so how it works is down to their software.

Eddie

It's an excellent way of browsing the forum on the iPhone. I think their app is a little buggy but it generally works. I'm going to stick with it for the moment as it does mean a lot less zooming in and out.

It seems to work quite well, but my main gripe is that there is no "mark topics read" button. So for a forum like WTB where I just tend to skim the subjects, I can't mark them all as read so that next time I visit I see what is new only.

Yes, and PMs don't seem to be working.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

No thanks. I'll stick with the identical look and functionality of my desktop that I get with Safari.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    No thanks. I'll stick with the identical look and functionality of my desktop that I get with Safari.
    Yup. I found Tapatalk rather uncomfortable compared to browsing the board with Safari.

:)
    Oliver

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com

I use the Opera mobile browser on my Blackberry, and keep TZUK as a bookmark. I can be online, and reading TZ as fast as it takes me to negotiate the browser, say 3 or 4 seconds. That's quick, and I get full functionality too.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/

Opera is the best mobile browser I have come across to date, and it's absolutely free, and a doddle to download.

I still go for safari as the best browser fot the PC.

Ace been waiting for this off to the app store :bounce:

This app don't work on the ipad or is it just me being a mong

Quote Originally Posted by cliffrichard
    This app don't work on the ipad or is it just me being a mong
    How do you know?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Works very well on my iPhone - I'm browsing TZ-UK more often than I was. Poor wallet..
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by doug darter
    I use the Opera mobile browser on my Blackberry, and keep TZUK as a bookmark. I can be online, and reading TZ as fast as it takes me to negotiate the browser, say 3 or 4 seconds. That's quick, and I get full functionality too.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/

Opera is the best mobile browser I have come across to date, and it's absolutely free, and a doddle to download.
    Same on my HTC TouchPro2 - the browser resizes everything quickly and appropriately and the forum looks the same as it does on my PC, only smaller. I find the special forum aps (WUS also has one) leave too much out and change the look and feel of the forum too markedly. Nor do they run significantly faster IME.

Grand Master

Yeah, i tried tapatalk, but it just wasn't that great, very buggy and thankfully i didn't get the full version, otherwise i'd be down $2.99. Installed Opera 5 Mini now and works well.

Anyway, now tz-uk is going all modern when's the facebook page going up :lol:

Master

The tapatalk iPhone client is pretty good, eagerly waiting for the iPad version.

It's much faster to scan if there's anything new with tapatalk than zooming in on small links like "View your posts" (which are fine on a big screen).

I stuck it on my Desire but it can't find the forum, tz-uk.com or timefactors.com.

Grand Master

I've got it on my desire and it finds 'tz-uk' easily, just search for that without the .com.

On a different note, i've been trying opera again with this site and i've given up using it on the desire, the page view is good, but it's a nightmare trying to tick the boxes or to get any input through the touchscreen on any buttons on here, haven't a clue why this is happening with opera as everything else works fine :?

Journeyman

Is anyone using this on iphone? How are you getting on with it?
    Had a quick look on the app store but am I right in thinking the forum displays differently? Not sure Id like that.

Using it to view and reply now. I love it. Much clearer, quicker and easier to use than safari for the forum on iPhone. Just doesn't seem to support PMs.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    Using it to view and reply now. I love it. Much clearer, quicker and easier to use than safari for the forum on iPhone. Just doesn't seem to support PMs.
    Ah yes PMs can be a bit of a nightmare on safari!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob The Yid
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    Ah yes PMs can be a bit of a nightmare on safari!
    Why is that? On my iPhone 16gb 3gs Safari replicates perfectly the look and function of the forum that I have on my PC, including PMs.
    F.T.F.A.

It dis support PMs at the start on here. Could possibly mean the plugin needs updated...

Quote Originally Posted by bairdyboy
    It dis support PMs at the start on here. Could possibly mean the plugin needs updated...
    There is no plugin, it's just a line of code added to the forum which links to Tapatalk; all the software is on their side.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by bairdyboy
    There is no plugin, it's just a line of code added to the forum which links to Tapatalk; all the software is on their side.

Eddie
    There was a mention on the last tapatalk iTunes update that forum owners would need to update their code Eddie. Not sure what it was for.

Must try this out!

Craftsman

It (on tapatalk) seems to work really well on the iphone for me. easy to use and navigate.

PM functionality would be nice. Also, once you view a thread under Newest Posts it disappears from the list. Otherwise I really like it.

Craftsman

Works great except for pms. Oh and on 3G many forums seem not to work so guess that is a tapatalk issue generally. Perfect when I connect via wifi.

At least the pm notification works on the app so you can read in a browser.

Got it on iphone earlier today, bit fiddely but I guess it will take some getting used to.

well worth it though

I use it here and on other fora and it works really well - including PMS.

I will say, though, that Eddie might want to check something as on Tapatalk I can access every sub-forum, including those I shouldn't be able to (as a newbie who has fewer than 25 posts), which I can't do on proper browsers.

Of course, I have been good and only peeked (and not replied to anything!) - please don't ban me!

I'm using tapatalk on 3Gs upgraded to V4.01 but sometimes when I try to return to Forum the program just drops out and I have to re start it again. Very frustrating to use for any length of time. Not sure if it's the software upgrade or Tapatalk so does anyone else who's upgraded their iPhone OS get the same thing?
    This is my first post and it's not even about watches - how sad is that after lurking for months and months

I just reinstalled Tapatalk to see if the recent changes have improved it. When I click on the Particpated tab there is a message saying the server plugin is out-of-date. Is anyone able to access their PMs through the app?

I've just updated the plugin so would appreciate feedback on whether it's fixed the glitches.

Eddie

I've just updated the plugin so would appreciate feedback on whether it's fixed the glitches.

Eddie
    PMs still don't seem to load for me. I no longer get an error message, just an empty list where the messages should be.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Pms don't work. The participated in section now works but doesn't seem to be up to date.

edit: I posted the above with my iPhone and edited it with my PC.