closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega WWW

Omega WWW

I'm very fascinated by pilot/military watches and would love to own a vintage piece myself. I did a little bit of digging on Google and found out that the Omega WWW watches are quite common and can be had for a few hundred quid. Can someone please educate me on how much these watches are worth and how to spot a fake one? And also where can I find one for sale and servicing/restoring?

Being an IWC owner myself, I'd love to own an IWC Mark X (or even Mark XI) watch but they're quite a bit out of my price range right now since I'm just a uni graduate. But the Omegas seem quite interesting.

Re: Omega WWW

This is a good source of information.

http://www.sfu.ca/~mmh/BritishX.htm

I think Omega WWWs can be pricey. For the money they go for, I'd stretch to an Omega 53 if you really wanted an Omega.

Other WWW brands like Record are reasonable if you are just starting out.

Check out Sales Corner on the forum, or PX on http://www.broadarrow.net/

Regards

Thanks mate!

Are there any other watches that are similar to the ones mentioned? But with a reasonable price. I'm aiming for somewhere under £500.

The website mentioned above is probably the best source of info. Check any pictures you find of a watch for sale with the ones on MMH's site, or look at the MWR archives.
    A decent Omega WWW should be around £400-450. An Omega '53 would be say 800-1000.

Why not consider a Cyma WWW if you like the WWW look? It has a decent steel case, is the largest of the WWWs, and can be picked up for around 250-300.

A Record is also nice, if you find one with a decent case (they are nickel-plated brass, I think) - I have 3 of them! They can be had for around 200 and are in plentiful supply.

I can see by the prices quoted that you haven“t treid to get one lately...the price for WWW“s have gone sky high!

Hi,

what's with a Vertex or Timor. I bought both in excellent condition in September 09 for 612 GBP.

By hajoth at 2010-08-26

By hajoth at 2010-08-26

Some more to consider:

Smiths W10 (1960s army)
    Hamilton 6B (1960s RAF)
    Hamilton tonneau cased (1970s army)

The Smiths and Hamilton 6B are personal favourites and should be well within your budget.

CWC have a big following, they are the major supplier to the British military for the last 25 years or so (I think). They also supply diver watches. I don't know enough about CWC to make a specific suggestion.

Seems Pulsar British military watches are to be avoided.

Do look for other "healthly" hobbies and especially not in mil watches cos you need to well prepare that your piggy bank will shrink very fast... :D :o :bounce:

Good choice for a Omega WWW. It is a lovely watch, and with plently of parts support and Omega movement is very reliable.

Just my 0.002 cents.

Hans

Craftsman

Another consideration is what service code you might prefer?

W10 = Army
    6B & 6BB = RAF
    0552 = RN
    0555 = RN/RM

Terry