I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Re: I've just been reminded......

Quote Originally Posted by mr1973
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    ...... that today is my (our) wedding anniversary. :shock:

Unfortunately it was my wife that reminded me :(
    Well, should it be vice versa? :lol:

How many years btw? Or are you already counting the hours? :lol:
    I'm counting the hours until she gets home - she wasn't amused :?

14 years married. First time I've forgotten :(

Buy her a new hand mixer then... :lol: :D

And, Rest In Peace. :lol:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

I forgot our anniversary once.

Not likely to do so again. :cry:

Funny chaps, wimmin.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master

Congratulations Rich :blackeye:

If it's any consolation, I've been married 10 years and not remembered one yet

Master

Nothing says 'I'm sorry and I love you' like a new kitchen appliance :twisted:

Craftsman

Rich, a new Rolex will do (for your wife, of course) :lol: . I am really sorry for you!

Ouch!

Oddly, it's always me that remembers and my wife that forgets.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Congratulations to you both.

It's ours today also.......36 years :shock: some say I wouldn't have got that long for murder :wink: :wink: :wink:

My mistake was, I thought it was yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol: the 710 took great delight in thanking me for her card and pressie, she then delivered the punchline..................I'll open them tomorrow the 7th !!!!!

Must say though the years have flown by...........would I do it again "YES"

Brian.

Good job they stuck the date of my wedding on the inside of the ring or I'd never know when it was beyond being at some point in May and I'm still not entirely sure on the exact date of the wife's birthday (although the margin of error for this date is down to two days now).

Congrats Rich :)

Master

(My wife also made me engrave the date of our anniversary on the inside of my wedding ring so I would never forget!)

Thanks for the congratulations :)

I've just booked a table at her favourite restaurant for this evening, and called her to tell her I'll collect her from her office at 7pm. She seems to be thawing a little (phew!)

Oh, and the date of our wedding is engraved inside my wedding ring too, but I forgot to look there :D

My wife and I both forgot this year! Its in August though and we were on holiday, so busy out and about sight seeing. During the evening my wife was filling in a form for something and said "Oh, whoops, its our anniversary today. Happy anniversary". That's after only 8 years.

Master

Thanks for the congratulations :)

I've just booked a table at her favourite restaurant for this evening, and called her to tell her I'll collect her from her office at 7pm. She seems to be thawing a little (phew!)

Oh, and the date of our wedding is engraved inside my wedding ring too, but I forgot to look there :D
    Good man....otherwise she might have scratched the date on the crystal of your favourite watch so you'd never forget again!

Master

I got married at Halloween, its a date you could never forget.......... and yep, the wife is a witch :D :twisted:

14? is that all, no wonder you forgot
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

If I hadn´t read this I would have been f*cked, it´s my 21st anniversary tomorrow and I totally forgot! Phew!!

Craftsman

Mine today as well, 8 years. I'm working away at the moment and remembered in plenty of time but still forgot to post the card, that I had for a month, in time. Still, she will have to have long arms to get me this time :lol: .

Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by PADDYS
    Mine today as well, 8 years. I'm working away at the moment and remembered in plenty of time but still forgot to post the card, that I had for a month, in time. Still, she will have to have long arms to get me this time :lol: .

Paddy
    But a bloody long memory! You´re not safe yet. :mrgreen:

Thanks, just reminded me mine is on the 13th, already had some slighty sarcastic remarks about remembering a card!

Must try and remember...

Master

Fortunately my anniversary is easy to remember as my wedding was only 3 days after the happiest day of my life - Liverpool wining the Champions League.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You'd have remembered if she'd have asked you what you wanted :D

Bug*er, ours was in August!!!!

Oh well..

Do what I did and you won't ever forget.........more accurately, you won't need to remember........live in sin :lol:

edit - I realise that my advice is a bit late for you, never mind, congrats anyway :wink:

You need to get yourself a new watch with an annual alarm reminder :mrgreen:

Its normally the other way round with me and my missus, I am better than her at remembering dates, and normally book up weekends away as surprises. Thats why I don't have that many watches!

Weve been celebrating our anniversary on the 21st of April for the past 5 years, she was recently looking through the wedding photos and saw the cake clearly had the 20th on it :D ( we got married abroad and told no one, so as no one else was there, there has been on one to correct us :lol: )

Congratulations Rich...
    Cheers..
    Jase

Wouldn't worry Rich it's a bloke thing :D I always forget. Congratulations though. Maybe Eddie should have an Anniversary reminder as well as birthdays :)

Rod

Banned

Had a similar event earlier this year.

I completely forgot our wedding anniversary. On the said day, I got up in the morning and did my usual run around complaining I was running late for work.

During that afternoon, I received a text message from my missus reminding me that it was our wedding anniversary. I sent a text immediately saying that I remembered and thought that it was she who forgot our special day.Reminded her that I was waiting for her to say something first. I know my pants are on fire here

Immediately, I booked dinner for two at a local, bought a card and gift and arrived home in the evening after work. Well sorted :)

Then again, after 15 years one would forget one day eventually :D

Ahhhh I see the problem Rich, you are wearing the wedding ring wrong mate, you need to stick it on a Toshi so you can read inside :D :D :D
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

not just me then :blackeye:

Happened to me on our 15th, I was working away from home and up against a serious deadline, I didn't know what month it was, let alone the day - she let it fester for weeks before suddenly slamming it down in the middle of a minor altercation over something trivial.

Every year since, I have been so nervous I have to phone around my siblings as the month approaches, cross-checking that I've got the right date. :blackeye:

Well, I collected my beloved from her office at 7pm as promised, and drove her to Kensington to her favourite restaurant. A bottle of champagne and some nice food later and I was forgiven (I was driving, so she drank most of the champagne - this probably helped, come to think of it :D ).

She didn't even mind when, once we'd got home, I spent 20 minutes on the phone speaking to a TZ-UKer about a trade

Well, no more dates to remember (or forget) now until her birthday in February :wink:

Master

Well, no more dates to remember (or forget) now until her birthday in February :wink:
    Dare I mention Christmas................. but I'm sure no one could forget that.

But I bet someone on here has :D

Not married yet, but our relationship anniversary is on 11th November. Some say a sad day, but every one wears a poppy to remind me.... Oh and the other half is German :mrgreen: makes it much sweeter knowing we won .... She's not overly impressed!

Chris

Well, I collected my beloved from her office at 7pm as promised, and drove her to Kensington to her favourite restaurant. A bottle of champagne and some nice food later and I was forgiven (I was driving, so she drank most of the champagne - this probably helped, come to think of it :D ).

She didn't even mind when, once we'd got home, I spent 20 minutes on the phone speaking to a TZ-UKer about a trade

Lol, wouldn't expect anything less of you Rich, discussing a trade in times of crisis. So back to the interesting stuff, what's the incoming :twisted:

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by BRGRSP

It's ours today also.......36 years :shock: some say I wouldn't have got that long for murder :wink: :wink: :wink:

My mistake was, I thought it was yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol: the 710 took great delight in thanking me for her card and pressie, she then delivered the punchline..................I'll open them tomorrow the 7th !!!!!

Must say though the years have flown by...........would I do it again "YES"

Brian.
    Congratulations to you both Brian!
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by oily101200
    Bug*er, ours was in August!!!!

Oh well..
    And you got no dirty looks, knives under the pillow?

Ours was in August-19th. We hit double figures this year.

A lot of people say I have a great mind for remembering dates. Know all my cousins,aunts,uncles bdays. Also their Anniversaries. Just a lucky ability I suppose.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Master

She didn't even mind when, once we'd got home, I spent 20 minutes on the phone speaking to a TZ-UKer about a trade :
    A trade? Go on dish the dirt... :wink:

That wouldn't be the U1 by any chance Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy

That wouldn't be the U1 by any chance Rich?
    No, not a U1. Actually I was on the phone discussing selling one of my watches, and agreed a price when the buyer mentioned a watch he had bought recently which he was thinking of moving on. Well I like them, and I've often wondered if I should buy one (after seeing DaveE's at a get-together some time ago), so I suggested we work it into the trade. I thought my wife would understand - she had just had a slap up meal and taxi home, so I figured I should have an anniversary present too :D

You'll have to wait for pictures - probably Friday or the weekend ;)

Thomas Reid

Congratulations. And thanks. Seeing this thread made me remember that mine was in the last few days. I called my wife to find out when it was, but she couldn't remember the exact date either. (19 years.)

Best wishes,
    Bob

Craftsman

Toshi its all in the details... I never forget my anniversary - but then I was married on a Saturday.

Oh and it was April the 1st too 8)

Congratulations to you both.. It has happened to the best of us and then one nervously enters that relevant dates in ical.....

Grand Master

Iv'e done the same a few times and we have been together 38 years and married nearly 31!,have a nice meal ready for her{nip to the chippy!} and a few tins of good quality lager too, she will soon forget as you snuggle down to look at the latest watches for sale on sc,but remind her your looking for that special something that may be there for her :wink:and NOT a watch for yourself or she could get a little suspicious :roll: ,and revert to type ie irritable/suspicious/irrational/annoying/quiet or very talkative {loudly}or possibly both of these as they can multitask,I may have missed a few thousand more traits particular to this animal form but we know them as we are subjected to them as most unusual and annoying when they surface,try to be in other company if at all possible as they tend to show the most loving feelings towards you,but be aware that this can and usually does change quite rapidly once alone with her :lol: :lol: :lol: ,and all indictaions of any impending one on one action in the bedroom :wink: were all false indictators,unless you did read them as a ''throwing thing's at you'' sign.
    anyway have a very nice anniversary and if you survive let us all know how you brought her around in the end :lol: if at all :!: .