closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Arrival - do days get much better than this?

New Arrival - do days get much better than this?

:cheers:

Not much to say about this one. Lusted after it for a long long time after seeing a fellow forum member's (who seems to have converted quite a fair few of us :lol: ).

I've seen a fair few PAMs but only ever wanted one, this one. The dome on the crystal is something else, the movement is stunning to look at, there aren't enough superlatives as far as i'm concerned! It's simply beautiful.

It's taken a long time, but finally my 233 is here! Let the strap changing commence!

It is so damn difficult to photograph this watch, better ones to follow later!

A couple of other notable mentions. The darker strap is a new one from Rich, horse leather, and it is very good quality - am really liking it. Check out the handmade buckle on the caramel, nice!

Did i mention that i'm happy? :D :drunken:

Master

Re: New Arrival - do days get much better than this?

Wow Jay - I really didn't think you would do it :thumbleft:

Congratulations mate. How are you going to wear it - as a dress watch or for work?

Master
    Blog Entries

Gotta love that domed crystal 8)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM
    Wow Jay - I really didn't think you would do it :thumbleft:

Congratulations mate. How are you going to wear it - as a dress watch or for work?
    It was only a matter of time :lol:

This will be worn to work, around the house, dressed up, dressed down. It won't be a beater :shock: but is going to get worn whenever i can. :D

Only problem is, i keep finding myself just staring at it all the time and not doing much else :lol:

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

My fav Pam. Very 8)
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Grand Master

The best PAM for me, you cannot get better than this one in my opinion, it has the 1950s case, the domed crystal, the beautiful in-house movement on display and a really nice clean dial, the way it should be.

Still can't believe the one in sales corner hasn't sold either, these things rarely come up and when they do they should be grabbed with both hands, i don't think anyone who has owned one will have a bad word to say about it, only regrets if they've sold it, like me :(

Banned

If Panerai decided to produce only one watch, the 233 would be it.

Congrats Jay and the whole combo just looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    The best PAM for me, you cannot get better than this one in my opinion, it has the 1950s case, the domed crystal, the beautiful in-house movement on display and a really nice clean dial, the way it should be.

Still can't believe the one in sales corner hasn't sold either, these things rarely come up and when they do they should be grabbed with both hands, i don't think anyone who has owned one will have a bad word to say about it, only regrets if they've sold it, like me :(
    Yup, i agree :)

As for the one on SC, i can't quite believe it either, had i not have bought this one i'd have snapped it up already. It's like buses, i waited ages to find a good one in the UK and then two come along at the same time :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    If Panerai decided to produce only one watch, the 233 would be it.

Congrats Jay and the whole combo just looks fantastic.
    Cheers :)

If they did just produce the 233 IMHO it shouldn't be the AM/PM version, it has to be the solar dial.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    This will be worn to work, around the house, dressed up, dressed down. It won't be a beater :shock: but is going to get worn whenever i can. :D
    I havent gone for one (so far) because I just don't know when I would really wear it... it's just too nice :?

Craftsman

Wow... :shock:

Not being a big PAM fan (moreso Rolex), I MUST come clean and say... THAT IS A BEAUT!

Hmm... must make room, that one is a STUNNER!

Wear/enjoy in great health!

Very nice, Jay.....I can still see the smile on your face :)

Master

Congratulations on a stunning watch and one of my favourite Pams. I can see why you let the Dreadnought go if it enabled you to buy this.

Congrats Jay. She is a stunner!

This thread is making me reconsider selling mine! Maybe it should be one of the 4 I keep :idea:

Hmmmmmmmm.

Have to agree that the dot 233 is far prettier than the am pm one.

Also tend to agree with the chap above saying that he'd never wear if for fear of damaging it. I'm the same! I only wear it if I'm going out in a DJ or suit, and then there is usually alcohol involved, so I don't wear it incase I lose or whack it :?

Absolutely gorgeous! Must stay away from SC, must stay away from SC.....

Thanks all, still smiling :D

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM
    I havent gone for one (so far) because I just don't know when I would really wear it... it's just too nice :?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble

Also tend to agree with the chap above saying that he'd never wear if for fear of damaging it. I'm the same! I only wear it if I'm going out in a DJ or suit, and then there is usually alcohol involved, so I don't wear it incase I lose or whack it :?
    It's only a watch :twisted:

But seriously, i won't wear this if there is a chance of losing it or doing it serious damage. But the reason i've sold a lot of my collection is because i didn't wear them.

This has been bought because i think it is simply stunning, i'm loving looking at it and you can't do that if it's in a safe :wink: best place for it is on the wrist.

No doubt i will put a couple of swirlies on the polished parts but hey, if i do and then want it back pristine again it can go off for a spa :D

Journeyman

New Arrival - do days get much better than this?

Beautiful watch, enjoy it

My favourite Panerai along with the 190 :)

Congrats Jay!

Sanj

Quote Originally Posted by sparmar1
    My favourite Panerai along with the 190 :)

Congrats Jay!

Sanj
    Cheers Sanjay. The 190 comes a close second to the 233 out of all Panerai's for me. Unfortunately i fear that at some point in the near future I am going to be looking for one of them as well :?

Stunning watch, I'm sort of decided on 183 and you just thrown spanner in the works.. :evil: plus it's not helping to know there is one in SC ATM.. :evil: :evil:
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Is that Toshi the new Chocolate variety?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerMagician
    It certainly is, and it may well now be my favourite strap. It really is the business. It feels quite different from the usual leathers, it's really flexible and looks slightly vintage-y with a somewhat 'cracked' finish. Big thumbs up for it.

This photo doesn't really do either the strap or watch proper justice but shows more of the strap.

It certainly is, and it may well now be my favourite strap. It really is the business. It feels quite different from the usual leathers, it's really flexible and looks slightly vintage-y with a somewhat 'cracked' finish. Big thumbs up for it.
    Nice one, that colour does look good. I have a one of Rich's 'Saddl'e horse leather straps and agree completely on the flexibility and vintage feel.

Congrats on the 233 btw, very nice 8)

Master

Nice one :thumbright:

This photo doesn't really do either the strap or watch proper justice but shows more of the strap.

Amazing watch. We have a Panerai in work at the mo, seems like it would look too big on my wrist but that one does look beautiful.

Nice one Jay, good strap choice there and really like the dome on the crystal too.

That MM600 going to get much wrist time? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster
    Amazing watch. We have a Panerai in work at the mo, seems like it would look too big on my wrist but that one does look beautiful.
    I thought the same about a number of Panerai models. However this one sits very happily on my somewhat small 6.75" wrist. The curved lugs help and it is not overly thick so moulds to the wrist nicely.

Master

Love the 1950 case..... Congrats on a beautiful piece.....

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster
    I thought the same about a number of Panerai models. However this one sits very happily on my somewhat small 6.75" wrist. The curved lugs help and it is not overly thick so moulds to the wrist nicely.
    Cool, I might have to revisit the one in work. It seemed the same size when worn as this Kampfschwimmer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Plake
    Nice one Jay, good strap choice there and really like the dome on the crystal too.

That MM600 going to get much wrist time? :D
    :lol: We'll have to wait and see but yes, i still expect the 600 to get a fair amount of time.....it's not going anywhere at the moment :D

Congratulations on finally getting the 233, I know this one has been a long time coming and the wait seemed to never end... it's very nice indeed 8)

Nice to see the photos, Jay 8)

I'm pleased for you that you finally found one. I know just how frustrated you've been trying to source a good UK watch, and I'm glad I was able to help.

Mind you, I'm not sure I'm happy that I'm getting the blame for you wanting a 233 - this seems to be happening a lot lately :lol:

It's my favourite Panerai too :thumbup:

Master

nice one jay very cool watch you have there 8)

Very nice indeed, and you're obviously well please from the Cheshire Cat grin you had :D

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi

I'm pleased for you that you finally found one. I know just how frustrated you've been trying to source a good UK watch, and I'm glad I was able to help.

Mind you, I'm not sure I'm happy that I'm getting the blame for you wanting a 233 - this seems to be happening a lot lately :lol:

It has taken a while but good things come to those who wait eh! And a thank you for the help as well :wink: and the straps :) and for costing me a fortune by showing me your 233 all that time ago :twisted:

I just priced up an ABP alligator strap with all the options i like 545 EUROS. Yes, FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE EUROS. :shock: I'll be in touch with you about another strap soon :wink:

Great new addition Jay, I hope you get years of enjoyment wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stoat
    Very nice indeed, and you're obviously well please from the Cheshire Cat grin you had :D
    :lol: I'm surprised anyone noticed :D
    Quote Originally Posted by redmond
    nice one jay very cool watch you have there 8)
    This one won't be coming diving :?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM
    Congratulations on finally getting the 233, I know this one has been a long time coming and the wait seemed to never end... it's very nice indeed 8)
    Cheers Phil :)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashharry
    Great new addition Jay, I hope you get years of enjoyment wearing it.
    Cheers Neil. There are only 2 watches that i have fallen for on first sight, and i am very lucky that i now own them both :)

Amazing... the 233 is a real WOW panerai.... congrats!

Congrats, that's the PAM I'd have as well 8)
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

It has taken a while but good things come to those who wait eh! And a thank you for the help as well :wink: and the straps :) and for costing me a fortune by showing me your 233 all that time ago :twisted:

I just priced up an ABP alligator strap with all the options i like 545 EUROS. Yes, FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE EUROS. :shock: I'll be in touch with you about another strap soon :wink:
    I know we all have this disease to varying degrees and that maybe I therefore have a slightly milder strain than is the average, but someone would have to have been smoking some serious amounts of crack to pay over 500 lids for a strap (and no, I'm not counting bracelets) :shock: :lol:

I know we all have this disease to varying degrees and that maybe I therefore have a slightly milder strain than is the average, but someone would have to have been smoking some serious amounts of crack to pay over 500 lids for a strap (and no, I'm not counting bracelets) :shock: :lol:
    Don't worry, i only priced it up, didn't actually buy it......i'm not that mental :shock: :lol:

ABP seem to start at about 200 euros but there are a fair few people out there with custom ones so they must have paid the pretty penny :shock:

Don't worry, i only priced it up, didn't actually buy it......i'm not that mental :shock: :lol:

ABP seem to start at about 200 euros but there are a fair few people out there with custom ones so they must have paid the pretty penny :shock:
    Some people have the spare cash I guess. If it was me it'd be going towards another watch :lol:

I do have a bit of a Toshi habit (having seen your 'Chocolate', I'm about to succumb again :roll: :D), but that sort of price range is about as far as I'm prepared to go.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977

Surely you recognise this particular one Ryan? :twisted:

I'm glad she has gone to a caring home :) The 190 is staying though :D

Cheers,

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedreamer
    The 190 is staying though :D

Cheers,

Peter.
    You know where i am :wink: it's a very caring home..... :)

Absolutely stunning, congratulations.
    I'm currently torn between this or a DeepSea for my next purchase.