closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best excuse - worst lie for buying a watch

Best excuse - worst lie for buying a watch

This question has probably been asked before but what is the best excuse or worst lie you have used for buying a watch?

Master

Re: Best excuse - worst lie for buying a watch

I explained to my wife, in all seriousness, that the Dornblueth 99.1 that had just arrived by courier wasn't really for me but was an 18th birthday present for our son.

Who was then 3 years old.

I will pass it on to him in due course but I obviously have to ensure that it gets regular wear in the meantime to keep the movement properly lubricated...
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by mark996
    I explained to my wife, in all seriousness, that the Dornblueth 99.1 that had just arrived by courier wasn't really for me but was an 18th birthday present for our son.

I will pass it on to him in due course but I obviously have to ensure that it gets regular wear in the meantime to keep the movement properly lubricated...
    LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget he will have a 21st coming up shortly after that. :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer

Don't forget he will have a 21st coming up shortly after that. :D
    I'm saving for the Calatrava as I write! :wink:

I used the same excuse to justify my recent Steelfish purchase. Only difference is that ours hasn't even been born yet!

Craftsman

The orange Bremont MB2 sitting in the safe is the daughers 21st birthday present, lets hope womens fashion for watches in 2031 is still for oversized! I took the fact it was bought (by Sanjay who flipped it a week latter) on the day she was born as fate, and snapped it up.

Porblem is, its not a lie/excuse. It really is for her and I am only wearing it on special occasions, but the wife thinks otherwise. She is convinced its "my" watch.

Master

Approaching this from a slightly different angle, I was abroad a couple of weeks ago and explained to my wife that buying myself an air rifle and scope was a reward for not buying the nice anthracite-dialled Certina DS-1 I'd been looking at a couple of days earlier.

Grand Master

I'll have to be quick and buy this before any of the other guys see it,this will be a collectable and worth a huge amount in a few years!......I know a bargain when i see it,and this will be one to keep :roll: .

Master

"They only sell them in Asia so I had to get it whilst I was there!" [/self doubt]

cannedheat

once I read about a guy who told SWMBO that a Tudor was given with a certain amount of battery packs :D ( here it used to be a brand of batteries, AAA type and all that )

Journeyman

Told wife(ex) that had to have new watch because old one kept stopping. This had absolutely nothing whatever to do with my failure to wind it up, honest

Its my early Christmas prezzy to me (late july).

It's an investment

:shock: :lol:

"I can always sell it and I'll easily get my money back if I need to, unlike shoes, handbags, clothes etc" :wink:

Cheers,
    Gary

Master

"I bought this to refurbish it and sell it on for a profit dear".

-- Actually means:

"I bought this because I wanted it, but no doubt I'll get bored of it and sell it in a month's time, but I will tell you I sold it at a profit".

I missed you when you were on your business trip so I went comfort shopping becasue you've told me not to comfort eat. <simpering look>.