closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wall Street: Money never sleeps

Master

Wall Street: Money never sleeps

Absolute gash and ruined a legend but some nice time pieces. Did anyone identify what Bretton was wearing?

Master

Re: Wall Street: Money never sleeps

Turns out it's a Vacheron 1921, a seriously sexy watch, and possibly mynew grail. 8)

Master

You mean this ?.......

http://www.thewatchquote.com/Vacheron-C ... o_6697.htm

Dreamy 8) :) 8) , you cant beat a bit of gold on your wrist!

regards

tim

Yep, the Les Historiques:

The main character had an IWC Perpetual Calendar Portuguese in WG grey dial.

Tons and tons of product placement in the film... e.g.

Blackberry, Apple, Johnie Walker, Bulgari, Moet, Perrier, Ducati, etc etc.

Harder to spot ones were:
    Hermes ties worn by Jake (subtle H pattern, plus logo shot when he's in the bathroom washing his hands)
    Salvatore Ferragamo manbag worn by Jake
    Crocket & Jones shoes - the shoe boutique where Gekko says 'I'll take four of those' is in Burlington Arcade

I have to say, I thought the film was pretty mediocre, but the costume designers did a good job. The subtlety of Gekko's wardrobe evolution over the film was great. And the fact that Jake wore great brands but his sleeves were slightly too long and he wore peak lapels was fitting of a young investment banker without years of experience wearing suits.

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg
    And the fact that Jake wore great brands but his sleeves were slightly too long and he wore peak lapels was fitting of a young investment banker without years of experience wearing suits.
    Does one need years of practice at wearing suits until one is a fully qualified suit wearer?

And I wondered what many bankers did with their time! Crikey, the stress.... I never realised they were under this kind of extraordinary pressure.

:D
    So clever my foot fell off.

Blog Entries

Hermes ties worn by Jake (subtle H pattern, plus logo shot when he's in the bathroom washing his hands)
    Crocket & Jones shoes - the shoe boutique where Gekko says 'I'll take four of those' is in Burlington Arcade

I have to say, I thought the film was pretty mediocre, but the costume designers did a good job. The subtlety of Gekko's wardrobe evolution over the film was great. And the fact that Jake wore great brands but his sleeves were slightly too long and he wore peak lapels was fitting of a young investment banker without years of experience wearing suits.
    Jesus i need to get out more. :wink:
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana
    And the fact that Jake wore great brands but his sleeves were slightly too long and he wore peak lapels was fitting of a young investment banker without years of experience wearing suits.
    Does one need years of practice at wearing suits until one is a fully qualified suit wearer?
    I think so. It's a margin so razor-thin that us "mortals" will never fully understand ;).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master

You're not a banker per chance are you?? Or is it that you have been sucked in by the big "brands" and must have labels..... :D

I have better things to do than try and spot what brand of manbag somebody is wearing, more likely than not you would catch me saying "look at that gay lord with his handbag on..." I wouldn't even know what bloody brand it was nor would I be interested :roll: :lol:

It's no wonder the world is in the state it is if the first thing that gets checked out is suit, shirt, shoes, watch, lenght of shirt cuffs, type of collar, cuff links, Tie....... meanwhile the poor sod being rated purely on what he is wearing is 15 minutes into a detailed presentation :D

:roll:

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy
    You're not a banker per chance are you?? Or is it that you have been sucked in by the big "brands" and must have labels..... :D

I have better things to do than try and spot what brand of manbag somebody is wearing, more likely than not you would catch me saying "look at that gay lord with his handbag on..." I wouldn't even know what bloody brand it was nor would I be interested :roll: :lol:

It's no wonder the world is in the state it is if the first thing that gets checked out is suit, shirt, shoes, watch, lenght of shirt cuffs, type of collar, cuff links, Tie....... meanwhile the poor sod being rated purely on what he is wearing is 15 minutes into a detailed presentation :D

:roll:

Paul
    Personally I thought the relentless product placement was pretty irritating in an already mediocre film, and no I'm not a banker, but nonetheless I give credit where credit is due for the costume team. Buying a suit where the sleeves are slightly too long is pretty typical for a young professional and I appreciate the fact that someone in the costume department made a conscious decision to add that to Jake's character.

And when I say 'harder to spot' product placement, it means that only a logo was visible rather than a 5 second scene where the product is being removed from its packaging, but it was still clearly intended for the product to be noticed by the brands paying for the placement. But I'm glad you've got better things to do than to notice such things, you are clearly a better man to not be wasting his time with brands of clothes or watches and so on.

Edit: Plus if you've seen the film, you'll probably agree that the never ending product placements make each further one yet more obvious

You missed out the Gucci loafers! :wink:
    I wonder which tailor provided the suits as they were exceptionally well dressed.

This watch could easily be my grail. Except for the fact that I'm not even enough close to afford it. :cry:

Master

I loved the original, and plan to see this one.

As for the product placement, is that not to be expected of a greed... Is good type of film?

Whilst it wasn't a patch on the first film I quite enjoyed the latest one. There was enough going on to keep interest and the story, whilst slightly predictable, has enough excitement to make it a worthwhile watch. Oh, and could Charlie Sheen's face been any tighter?!

I loved the IWC that the 'kid' was wearing.

Master

Charlie Sheen moment - cringeworthy. I think he must've had his acting skills cut off along with half his face.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy
    It's no wonder the world is in the state it is if the first thing that gets checked out is suit, shirt, shoes, watch, lenght of shirt cuffs, type of collar, cuff links, Tie.......
    It's called "attention to detail" - why is noticing it something that needs to be apologised for, especially if the plot is iffy and the acting wooden?

When watching the film you'll notice all manner of dry snacks and cereal biscuits etc on the traders' desks. That's because liquid refreshment requires going to the toilet, and they don't want to miss fraction-of-a-second windows. More attention to detail, eh ;)
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

For sure a movie I shall see
    I like the first one very much and I'am also looking after all the brands and good stuff they put in them. :D

I think it fit well with that kind of a movie to have them in it ,as longe it is with a flair 8)
    for me it is not greed I just like that stuff can't see anything wrong in that.

The first I look at when I meet some one is what kind of a watch they are wearing
    but I don't judge anyone

But if you don't like to see all the brands there are in it don't see it 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stensbjerg
    as longe it is with a flair
    I agree. I too like flares, but I'm not sure you'll see them in the movie.

:wink:

I see a VC 1921 a lot. The same guy also wears a Ball Aviator. What can it mean? :sad5:

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

I see a VC 1921 a lot. The same guy also wears a Ball Aviator. What can it mean? :sad5:

john
    That he had an off-day when he bought the Ball? :wink:

It would have been more interesting to see a script pre-Sep 2008.

Post sub-prime this doesn't appeal to me at all. :|

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega

Yep - I'm inclined to agree.

Unless of course it has scenes of hundreds of greed driven braying city boys being given a thorough kicking by the taxpayers that will be forced to bail them out.

I'd pay to see that.

Unless of course it has scenes of hundreds of greed driven braying city boys being given a thorough kicking by the taxpayers that will be forced to bail them out.

I'd pay to see that.
    Maybe the sequel could be the same but with the politicians who allowed the greedy bankers/traders to rape and pillage both personal and public coffers?

Quote Originally Posted by AM94

I'd pay to see that.
    Maybe the sequel could be the same but with the politicians who allowed the greedy bankers/traders to rape and pillage both personal and public coffers?
    +1 Blame must lie with the politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian

And the banks of course.

Master

I'd pay to see that.
    Me too :D but lets just hope Michael Douglas will be around for another one :(

And the banks of course.
    The governments allowed it to happen and were complicit. I don't know who I dislike more - those who plundered and pillaged or those who allowed it happen and, in many cases, benefited more than the individuals.

As for Wall Street the film, the old version was entertaining because at the time because I viewed it as a work of fiction (in my defence, I was young). As for a remake, personally, I wouldn't even be inclined to watch it - it would feel like having my nose rubbed in the BS that many of us (if not all) have been directly effected by in the past 24-months.

That probably sounds too serious but a film about greedy jackasses simply isn't appealing, even if they get trumped in the end.

That he had an off-day when he bought the Ball? :wink:
    I have the feeling he was given it.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Blog Entries

I'd pay to see that.
    +2 Without the politicians the taxpayer would not be paying for the folly of the poor business decisions of private businesses.