closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doxa's latest genius post

Doxa's latest genius post

OK fess up, who's been naughty boys over on the Doxa forum?

I assume this would be related to critique of their, ahem, unusual new 4000T?

Posted by their #1 brown-nosed moderator :lol:

A few words about new model introductions, responses and Forum conduct.

Hello folks. This is a note on not only recent, but historical events surrounding new model introductions here on the DOXA Forum.

DOXA has brought out over a dozen new SUB variants (including small run limited special editions) in about 10 years. Forum Members at Watchuseek have had unprecedented information, input and access to the very company that produces these, our favorite (for many of us anyway) watch brand. DOXA themselves foot the bill to keep this portion of the Forum up and running (no small gesture I assure you!), and of course, it is a part of the marketing arm of the company.

While they generously provide this place for our enjoyment, let us not forget that they also have a business to run. Yet they sincerely invite comment on the products they make available to us, and do not severely restrict the nature of those comments (ie:, well meaning, constructive criticism is welcomed along with the praise).

It seems though, that as each new model is introduced (nearly every one), a group of Members show up to begin beating the drum of negativity into each introduction thread. These are generally characterized by long winded, verbose posts that criticize even minor (or just perceived) aspects of the model, or the Company, or the business model, method of introduction of the model, etc. etc. And these are generally from a group of Members who rarely if ever post here on The DOXA Forum, or often Watchuseek at all.

It is no wonder then, that these Member's activities are viewed not as constructive criticism, but as Trolling, as disruptive and destructive to the Forum, and the Brand itself. Deliberate waves of negativity, designed to stir any criticism by other Members, in an effort to turn the tide of the discussion towards the negative.

Such behavior is simply unacceptable, and will not be tolerated. Sarcasm and cynicism are negative influences on the tone of the board, and are outside the intended purpose for which Watchuseek was founded (the open and productive discussion of watches). And they certainly do not fall in line with the intentions or interests of a Manufacturer who chooses to place an Official Forum with Watchuseek.

Please keep these thoughts in mind when posting any constructive criticism surrounding any new or existing model of watch. And do not belabor your point, make your point and move on. Endless rants based on a matter of opinion will not be left to stand, nor will the above referenced Trolling or general attempts to "stir the pot". We are here ultimately to enjoy ourselves and the company shared, not to debate, argue or wallow in a "brand bashing frenzy". Please enjoy this, and other Fora on Watchuseek. And please do so in the spirit which our Founder intended.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/few-wo ... 79367.html

Re: Doxa's latest genius post

Marvellous - an endless source of entertainment :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    It is no wonder then, that these Member's activities are viewed not as constructive criticism, but as Trolling, as disruptive and destructive to the Forum, and the Brand itself. Deliberate waves of negativity, designed to stir any criticism by other Members, in an effort to turn the tide of the discussion towards the negative.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Master

I am sure someone will be along in a minute to post that picture of Chinese workers clapping.

FFS :twisted:

Cue the Chinese clapping gif :lol:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

:D :D

It just gets worse. Why can't they just shut up?

I don't like the new watch and have refrained from commenting as it has been covered. It looks like a Franken-Doxa with too much going on. If they had waited until the new bezel and sharkie models were available I reckon the response might have been entirely different but I have to say they way they have handled the launch of the watch has been very, very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by SternG
    :D :D

...and there it is! :D

This is the "Doxa Clappy Photo" ®

(Courtesy of Glenn :lol:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic :D :lol: :lol:
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Master

Doxa behaving as classy as ever

What?

You can have your say as long as you don't say anything you were thinking of saying - just say this nice appreciative piece we have already written for you - "ALL DOXA watches are fabulous bar none!" :evil:
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

Careful what you say; from the pre-order thread on the same forum:

'This time we will track everyone down who is coming just to bash and hope they are doing somebody else a favor.'

Presumably once they've tracked you down they'll sell you a watch with an adequate depth rating for when you're sleeping with the fishes.

I'm waiting for our resident Doxa fanboy to post a little something in this thread, but he ain't rising to the challenge :D

I can see where Doxa are coming from, but they need to understand that a forum is for open discussion. If they don't like negative comments, they shouldn't sponsor a forum! What will happen is that it will become over moderated and you end up with a forum for brand-nutters. The type of fruitcake that would have Doxa tattooed on their forehead. A bit like the Paneristi lot. :D

Quote Originally Posted by RobinMasters
    Careful what you say; from the pre-order thread on the same forum:

'This time we will track everyone down who is coming just to bash and hope they are doing somebody else a favor.'

Presumably once they've tracked you down they'll sell you a watch with an adequate depth rating for when you're sleeping with the fishes.
    Very unsavoury attitude. If I ever was considering buying one of their watches new, I'm certainly not now.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    I can see where Doxa are coming from, but they need to understand that a forum is for open discussion. If they don't like negative comments, they shouldn't sponsor a forum! What will happen is that it will become over moderated and you end up with a forum for brand-nutters. The type of fruitcake that would have Doxa tattooed on their forehead. A bit like the Paneristi lot. :D
    :lol: :lol:
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

The secret Doxa factory...

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Christian

Hmm :D

I'm waiting for our resident Doxa fanboy to post a little something in this thread, but he ain't rising to the challenge :D
    He's probably in his motor on the way up here to hit me with his pink Doxa cap :lol:

C'mon Simona, where are ya lad?

I don't know if it is still there, but a moderator previously posted a classic in the same thread which, in the tone of a moaning child, went something like "GROW UP and quit WHINING". Oh the irony. Nice way to respond to fans and potential customers.

I was once a real genuine Doxa customer. I liked the 600T and bought the closest recent equivalent, the 1200T, but I am now just a baffled spectator. I think the 4000T case is a subtle improvement. The dial is poor. The printing of "automatic" seems too close to "DOXA", such that the dot on the "i" invades the "A". The poor quality hands, the reason I sold my 1200T, appear to remain. Especially noticeable on the power reserve hand in the sample photo, but in my experience, also affecting the main hands. The power reserve itself is too big. Someone described it as an eyesore and I can't disagree. I don't find the "safe dive" as ridiculous as others do, but equally I don't find it adds anything.

The introduction of the model early, before the sapphire bezel was ready, appears to have torpedoed the pre-publicity which over-promised how radically new this model was. Putting the old bezel onto it, and asking people to buy a whole new watch if they want the new bezel in 2011, appears to be a very cynical manoeuvre, transparently pre-Christmas marketing-led. No surprise people are not applauding. The new bracelet is forgettable and removes one of the unique styling points of the brand. Altogether the watch is a parts-bin mashup attempting to hit all wish-list checkboxes without any coherent theme, style, or purpose. Combined with the spoilt-child moderator on the forum, the Doxa-in-Asia-will-make-you-a-watch-with-your-logo-on-it! debacle, they coy "hand assembled in Switzerland" umm, mystique, and the increasingly bizarre responses to customer feedback, I think Doxa USA are directionless and out of their depth, whatever the rating on the watch.

I can understand how even fans, who normally wildly greet each new dial colour with multiple "drool" icons, are disappointed with this watch introduction. Doxa's trip into retail seems to be the point where it started to go wrong. It increased their prices beyond their quality level, and beyond their ability to market professionally. Their official forum, which was once a good place for fans and probably a good marketing outlet for the pre-retail Doxa USA, is increasingly a disaster. It's adolescent amateurism completely at odds with the "serious" brand they seem to aspire to being. So they are left with the North Korean principle of marketing. Deny all criticism and shout at the followers who step out of line.

I wish them the best.

TT

He's probably in his motor on the way up here to hit me with his pink Doxa cap :lol:

C'mon Simona, where are ya lad?

Calm down lads I'm here at last :D and BTW my cap is orange and I would not risk damaging it twatting you with it, it's far to valuable and precious :D ( I would however bring my handbag to beat you with :twisted: )

Now, the new watch ................... I quite like it, the shape of the case reminds me of the PRS18 or the Benarus and the safe dive is a nice little addition, better than just Power Reserve if you ask me :D The bracelet looks really good and I would not mind getting one to try on one of my vintage ones 8) 8) 8)

As for the forum, sometimes I think there is a language barrier that can lead to some problems when English is not the posters first language and sometimes people can be guilty of firing of a reply without taking the time to think about exactly what they have said as opposed to what they actually meant. Yes they have shot themselves in the foot sometimes but who hasn't, we are all human and mistakes do happen whether it be delays/shoddy service/prolonged new releases or whatever particular gripe is current can be applied to a lot of watch manufacturers not just Doxa.

I have to agree with Tbone that there does seem to be some people that only want to bash the brand especially when a new release is coming out but I suppose that happens everywhere to a lot of brands. I tend not to take it personally as I love the watches, especially the vintage pieces and am a true Doxa Fanboy, my Doxa adorned man room will attest to that :P

I would love to be able to afford to buy a new one but sadly they are out of my league which is gutting as the turquoise NUMA edition and the Diving with Legends edition are particularly appealing to me and I would love both.

The Doxa forum helped me raise a lot of money for charity a couple of years ago (with some help from friends here too :wink: ) and that event showed what a wonderful forum it is and can be with a great bunch of members eager to help out including Rick and Doxa who were very generous with an additional raffle prize.

One final point, how often do you see a cheap second hand Doxa ? I for one scour the Internet for them and they very rarely come up and in general a well kept Doxa is never much less than a couple of hundred dollars below the new price so for me that indicates their desirability and value as a used watch (my own personal opinion :wink: )
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei
    I don't know if it is still there, but a moderator previously posted a classic in the same thread which, in the tone of a moaning child, went something like "GROW UP and quit WHINING". Oh the irony. Nice way to respond to fans and potential customers.

I was once a real genuine Doxa customer. I liked the 600T and bought the closest recent equivalent, the 1200T, but I am now just a baffled spectator. I think the 4000T case is a subtle improvement. The dial is poor. The printing of "automatic" seems too close to "DOXA", such that the dot on the "i" invades the "A". The poor quality hands, the reason I sold my 1200T, appear to remain. Especially noticeable on the power reserve hand in the sample photo, but in my experience, also affecting the main hands. The power reserve itself is too big. Someone described it as an eyesore and I can't disagree. I don't find the "safe dive" as ridiculous as others do, but equally I don't find it adds anything.

The introduction of the model early, before the sapphire bezel was ready, appears to have torpedoed the pre-publicity which over-promised how radically new this model was. Putting the old bezel onto it, and asking people to buy a whole new watch if they want the new bezel in 2011, appears to be a very cynical manoeuvre, transparently pre-Christmas marketing-led. No surprise people are not applauding. The new bracelet is forgettable and removes one of the unique styling points of the brand. Altogether the watch is a parts-bin mashup attempting to hit all wish-list checkboxes without any coherent theme, style, or purpose. Combined with the spoilt-child moderator on the forum, the Doxa-in-Asia-will-make-you-a-watch-with-your-logo-on-it! debacle, they coy "hand assembled in Switzerland" umm, mystique, and the increasingly bizarre responses to customer feedback, I think Doxa USA are directionless and out of their depth, whatever the rating on the watch.

I can understand how even fans, who normally wildly greet each new dial colour with multiple "drool" icons, are disappointed with this watch introduction. Doxa's trip into retail seems to be the point where it started to go wrong. It increased their prices beyond their quality level, and beyond their ability to market professionally. Their official forum, which was once a good place for fans and probably a good marketing outlet for the pre-retail Doxa USA, is increasingly a disaster. It's adolescent amateurism completely at odds with the "serious" brand they seem to aspire to being. So they are left with the North Korean principle of marketing. Deny all criticism and shout at the followers who step out of line.

I wish them the best.

TT
    Couldn't have put it better myself. As a Doxa fan I have to agree that things have not been fun over there for a while now and the new model does nothing to refresh the brand. My future Doxa purchases will more than likely be used..

Aren't Doxa the ones who spend a rather long time servicing a member's (Burnsey?) watch and getting it completely wrong? I was put off it all then, despite liking one or two of their watches
    "A man of little significance"

Master

Christ, it's just a watch. If Doxa and Bremont made a joint effort, would critical mass be reached? I appreciate that the gist of the OP is nominally about the WUS Doxa forum, but seriously...

I have no Doxa watches, have nothing to do with that forum and don't even know what was said.

However, what would happen if whatever was posted their was posted on this forum?

Crap forum moderation sucks regardless of the brand or affiliation IMO.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    There's crap forum moderation, and then there's...

Posted by DOXA S.A.
    Hi and thank you, we appreciate your, and every genuine DOXA fan's opinion,

in fact nobody is disappointed, except for a few trolls and some timewasters, people who are complaining about the slow reveal and about a + or - sign are not DOXA customers and they are here, either with their own agendas, or just to waste your precious time, DOXA customers and those who are genuinely interested in DOXA watches have posted their opinions, likes and dislikes without the rant, which we totally respect. It is a pity though to see this keeps happening every time DOXA releases a new model. This time we will track everyone down who is coming just to bash and hope they are doing somebody else a favor.

That last line... :?

There's crap forum moderation, and then there's...

Posted by DOXA S.A.
    Hi and thank you, we appreciate your, and every genuine DOXA fan's opinion,

in fact nobody is disappointed, except for a few trolls and some timewasters, people who are complaining about the slow reveal and about a + or - sign are not DOXA customers and they are here, either with their own agendas, or just to waste your precious time, DOXA customers and those who are genuinely interested in DOXA watches have posted their opinions, likes and dislikes without the rant, which we totally respect. It is a pity though to see this keeps happening every time DOXA releases a new model. This time we will track everyone down who is coming just to bash and hope they are doing somebody else a favor.

That last line... :?
    I was just over there reading that too. In fact I was going to quote it with a "good god" thrown in for good measure, but I didn't. For fear of being tracked down :shock: :lol:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100
    Aren't Doxa the ones who spend a rather long time servicing a member's (Burnsey?) watch and getting it completely wrong?
    Leave my watch out of this. 8)

Anyone want to buy a fantastic condition Sub 300T Professional? ;)

Master

Equally uninterested, really. I don't post or read there (why would I?) so no opinion. Having sponsored a forum it would be probably more damaging in terms of reputation to withdraw than to stay with it. Seems rather tedious, though, and probably a mistake on their part - as it is for almost any watch firm that engages on the net.

Journeyman

I'm an owner and a fan of Doxa watches. Hey, we all have our questionable quirks. I just posted in Flying Doctor's new thread. They keep locking them. I just had to comment on the corporate "response" which I felt just exuded the arrogance of patronizing condescension. I wasn't surprised by this arrogance as Doxa has manifested it before.

T-Bone, one of the mods, has become increasingly arrogant in his dealings with legitimate comments and concerns. Maybe he has been a mod too long. He just posted his arrogant little rant and locked it. He didn't stand up like a man and take the blow-back for his statement.

I started to gather the cash, no mean feat this close to Christmas, for the 4000T, but I'm starting to have second thoughts after reading over there.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Recht
    The secret Doxa factory...

Worksimon's garage no doubt :mrgreen:

Has someone said that they'd love a watch with a turquoise dial? :? Turquoise? Turquoise?? :D

Craftsman

Hi guys, that Doxa speech was pretty much directed to me. :D
    I guess I cause some waves over there, because i voiced my opinions there about my dislike of their "Doxa slow reveal program".

They must have been ticked that I posted up mock ups of a composited pic of their 4000T. I guess they had to respond and released the real full pics the next day ahead of their scheduled mid Dec. release and unveiling. Gee did I do that? :lol:

Any how, I got the pm's from them and within that speech, kinda insinuated I was a troll.

They asked me why I started an "Anti Doxa Campaign", WTF???
    I just posted what many were feeling about their disappointment and dislike of Doxa's marketing plan.
    They just don't listen. Its an enigma.

Gee, ask some concerning questions and get ignored. Make some criticisms, and moderated/deleted and grouped with trolls. Sheesh, no freedom of speech eh?

Well, I almost pulled the trigger on buying my grail Doxa, and all that has left a bitter taste.
    Don't see a Doxa in my near future. But never say never.

Dave.

I wonder if Wikileaks will release all the deleted posts?* :D

Craftsman

That is one bizarre forum.

Seems to have a predeliciton for foot-in-mouth disease. That's what you get when your forum is moderated by a apparatchik with a case of little Napoleon syndrome and an inability to reason.

Why pray tell, have a rude arsehole be the public face of the company? That man needs to be sacked, and quickly. Unless of course, he's plugging the company line, in which case they deserve to go broke, just as quickly.

I still don't know what is so special about this watch. I really liked the 1200T, and considered buying one. This one looks just the same, but with a power reserve and an uglier bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater
    That is one bizarre forum.

Seems to have a predeliciton for foot-in-mouth disease. That's what you get when your forum is moderated by a apparatchik with a case of little Napoleon syndrome and an inability to reason.

Why pray tell, have a rude arsehole be the public face of the company? That man needs to be sacked, and quickly. Unless of course, he's plugging the company line, in which case they deserve to go broke, just as quickly.

I still don't know what is so special about this watch. I really liked the 1200T, and considered buying one. This one looks just the same, but with a power reserve and an uglier bracelet.
    I think you can be sure that everything posted by the mod is pre-approved by the company itself (which makes it even more worrying).

The thing that Doxa seemingly fails to realise is that, as important as the view of its existing customer base may be, potential first-time Doxa purchasers are being put off in their droves. If ever there was the equivalent of a marketing car-crash this is it.

Blog Entries

A company that uses a fixed exchange rate for EU and UK customers (1:1.2!! - just look it up on the Doxa Online pages) can not be taken seriously. If you want to buy a Doxa, just wait for a pre-owned watch to appear on the various sales forums.

Menno

DOXA can cock off, frankly. "Track you down" - then what? Horrible little company.

OMG. It's like a pantomime. They're now defining a troll in yet another closed thread. I'm beginning to wonder about the people that run the company and the forum. It started off bad but it seems they don't want to stop. It's a PR disaster and is now making them look like a complete joke. Someone please tell them to stop before they say something really stupid. Nope, they've already done that.

Blog Entries

:lol: :lol:

Even if I liked a Doxa model, I wouldn't buy it because of this idiot company behind it.
    This is a big joke, it's only a watch FFS :roll: :evil: :lol:

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

IMO they were a good company in the early days with a good watch, now they just dish out shite throw togethers without much quality control, and as for the "safe dive" power reserve on the latest one, what a crock . and as for after sales service :evil:
    cheers
    mike

I suppose you could allow that these Doxa lot are watchmakers and not Max Clifford's... Their lack of PR skills not necessarily a reflection on their products...

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    I suppose you could allow that these Doxa lot are watchmakers and not Max Clifford's... Their lack of PR skills not necessarily a reflection on their products...
    Some of their products have also been PR cock-jobs as have their aftersales so yes their PR skills are in some cases reflective of their products.

Posted a couple hours ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

A definition of a troll

Dear members

We apologize sincerely if any of you are considering any of DOXAs statement is pointing towards you in particular or towards any other fellow members.

The whole new model discussion is getting so emotional and heated up and maybe the list below could clarify, sorry for being sometimes sarcastic,

1. if you are disappointed with DOXA watches , people at DOXA, DOXAs statements on the forum, you are not a troll and we definitely take your critics seriously, and we think time has proven that we do.
    2. if you are a DOXA customer and expressing your opinion or that you had a different expectation of a product, you are not a troll and your most welcome to do so
    3. if you are interested in DOXA in general but don’t own and wont own one, you are not a troll
    4. if you are a regular forum visitor, and use appropriate language in your posts, you are not a troll
    5. if you are a one-time visitor and you are using appropriate language in your posts, you are not a troll
    6. if have just visited this forum for the first time and are not happy with anything about DOXA, you are not a troll

But,

1. if you accuse DOXA of manufacturing cheap watches and bracelets, and visit the forum on the release day, to mention this, then you could be one
    2. if you accuse DOXA of whatever, that is entirely out of context of the current discussion, and just visit the forum to mention this, then you could be one
    3. if you are a manufacturer or have $50 worth watches manufactured to sell them for +$500.00, and are visiting the forum to criticize DOXA products or business attitudes and ethics, then you are basically not welcome and you are definitely one
    4. if you lack business ethics and join the forum to attack your competitors, then you are not welcome here

If you are none of the above, then you are definitely not a troll

We hope the above clarifies whom the statements made were aimed at, unfortunately the majority does not notice those subtle attacks that are packed into posts starting "I like DOXA" But.......

DOXA

Shame, I quite like the older ones, they are quite iconic of that period.

What a cluster.

Blog Entries

A definition of a troll

Dear members

We apologize sincerely if any of you are considering any of DOXAs statement is pointing towards you in particular or towards any other fellow members.

The whole new model discussion is getting so emotional and heated up and maybe the list below could clarify, sorry for being sometimes sarcastic,

1. if you are disappointed with DOXA watches , people at DOXA, DOXAs statements on the forum, you are not a troll and we definitely take your critics seriously, and we think time has proven that we do.
    2. if you are a DOXA customer and expressing your opinion or that you had a different expectation of a product, you are not a troll and your most welcome to do so
    3. if you are interested in DOXA in general but don’t own and wont own one, you are not a troll
    4. if you are a regular forum visitor, and use appropriate language in your posts, you are not a troll
    5. if you are a one-time visitor and you are using appropriate language in your posts, you are not a troll
    6. if have just visited this forum for the first time and are not happy with anything about DOXA, you are not a troll

But,

1. if you accuse DOXA of manufacturing cheap watches and bracelets, and visit the forum on the release day, to mention this, then you could be one
    2. if you accuse DOXA of whatever, that is entirely out of context of the current discussion, and just visit the forum to mention this, then you could be one
    3. if you are a manufacturer or have $50 worth watches manufactured to sell them for +$500.00, and are visiting the forum to criticize DOXA products or business attitudes and ethics, then you are basically not welcome and you are definitely one
    4. if you lack business ethics and join the forum to attack your competitors, then you are not welcome here

We hope the above clarifies whom the statements made were aimed at, unfortunately the majority does not notice those subtle attacks that are packed into posts starting "I like DOXA" But.......

DOXA
    Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You must be really desperate to want to buy a Doxa after this episode of madness!!!
    They are really off the rails now :D

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Pure comedy gold :D :D (although it probably isn't supposed to be ;))

Mark

Blog Entries

A definition of a troll

Dear members

But,

DOXA
    Some sort of paranoia perhaps?

Menno