closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grand Carrera RS150 anyone?

Master

Grand Carrera RS150 anyone?

I know tag are seen as the anti Christ by most on here :lol: but came acrossone of these yesterday while shopping in Belfast with Mrs.
    Never heard of this being released etc, look the same but different to the RS2 if that makes sense.
    I guess the fact its an LE is appealing but a little discussion on WUS had discovered it comes in different colours so i'm not sure just how LE it is, the plaque in Lunns claims to be 150 obviously, i'm not sure that is 150 in blue, which was the colour in Belfast or 150 total and they made several colours.
    Anyway pic nicked off WUS as I never took a pic of the blue one

Re: Grand Carrera RS150 anyone?

There are a few up on the bay right now though haven't noticed the sort of prices they are going for. I like the normal carrera but this doesn't do it for me at all.

Well I am a TAG fan and that watch looks stunning!! Not sure about blue but in the black it looks just great!!

One thing to think about when the RS2 (red accents) was orignally released it was promoted by TAG Heuer as a LM piece !

Master

Quote Originally Posted by bassboy
    Well I am a TAG fan and that watch looks stunning!! Not sure about blue but in the black it looks just great!!
    You miss understand me the Original RS2 as mentioned above (I have one too) has red, in the pick I posted of the RS150 the red is replaced by yellow, and the one in Belfast is blue.
    They are all black faced and PVD coated.

Fantastic watch

Master

That's lovely! Or it would be if it wasn't for the 'RS150' on dial that completely ruins it (IMO). :(

Master

those are super nice, the one with black case and red gold bezel is stunning

the original was meant to be limited but demand was so big that they decided to make more, but they compensated those who ordered early by including the first 1500 pieces with an extra strap+buckle and a nicer box, + a tool of some sort if memory serves...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER

the original was meant to be limited but demand was so big that they decided to make more, but they compensated those who ordered early by including the first 1500 pieces with an extra strap+buckle and a nicer box, + a tool of some sort if memory serves...
    Interesting, I knew it was ment to be LE and then wasn't but never knew about the straps etc.

Yep but it's was kind of an after thought !

I do like the watch and at one point nearly pulled the trigger but I would of been none too pleased if what I first thought was being a LE turned into a full production model !

But then TAG seem to have a habit of that !

Master

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666

I do like the watch and at one point nearly pulled the trigger but I would of been none too pleased if what I first thought was being a LE turned into a full production model !

Agreed! I also would have been super annoyed, luckily I knew this before I bought.

Journeyman

Wow, thats a beaut!

Master

Well id rather do it the Tag way, without alot of 03018/99999 on the casebacks like Omega does.... This model is not numbered but it wont be around forever either from what I understand.

The Grand Carreras are a big step up from regular Tag range imho. Dont know why Tag still gets slated on watch forums, weve all seen their facilities etc that they have now. On par with anything...

Then again it takes a while to pay off the sins of some of their 90's models :)

The GC's and the 1887 Carrera's are a great effort from TAG !

I have no issues with either production models or LE but think once promoted as such should stay that way !

300 SLR is another example last time I checked they had increased the count of the LE run which isn't as bad a putting it into full production but it might go that way.

But on the reflection at least unlike Omega who seem to have limted edition of limited editions !!!

Master

I have no issues with either production models or LE but think once promoted as such should stay that way !

300 SLR is another example last time I checked they had increased the count of the LE run which isn't as bad a putting it into full production but it might go that way.

But on the reflection at least unlike Omega who seem to have limted edition of limited editions !!!
    I don't think it's right to extend the LE of watches.
    Does that mean that some people will have for example 3000 on the caseback and 5000 on the extended ones?
    That just seems silly to me, when you come to sell it you have to say it's an LE of 5000 even though it says 3000 on the caseback.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam

Does that mean that some people will have for example 3000 on the caseback and 5000 on the extended ones?
    That just seems silly to me, when you come to sell it you have to say it's an LE of 5000 even though it says 3000 on the caseback.
    No I think the increase was before actual release due to demand so LE count will be correct but anyone who put a name to one thinking they would be one of say 2000 may be one of 4000 etc !

Master

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam

No I think the increase was before actual release due to demand so LE count will be correct but anyone who put a name to one thinking they would be one of say 2000 may be one of 4000 etc !
    They are not numbered though? It was just said that they would make so and so many... We should be happy that swiss watches in this range sell so well, lest we would all be sitting here discussing our F90s or whatever that plastic crap is called :)