closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: call me crazy but...

call me crazy but...

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Jaeger-...729-watch.aspx

I usually don't see suspect watches on watchfinder or other 2nd hand dealers, but surely they couldn't have been taken by something like that? Is there an actual JLC model with the gold hands?

Grand Master

Re: call me crazy but...

Wow, that is an awful fake, the poor date window and handset aside, it's a hometime without the actual GMT hand, which kind of gives it away :lol:

Blog Entries

Auch!

Not good, not good at all..............

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I sincerely hope its a fake; otherwise its a very ugly JLC! :shock:

I don't know JLC at all but I honestly wouldn't think they would be taken in by a fake.

Well, I did buy one of these off the forum for like, £30 a while ago...

The oxidation of the copper plated indices and the tiny date sort of gives it away

Master

I emailed Watchfinder about this and sent them a link to this thread and received this reply from the company director, Matt Bowling:

"Thank you for alerting us to the discussion and presence of this watch on our site. It is, as has been suggested, a fake. We’re looking into how the item managed to get on to the website and I’ll send you a full explanation of this when I have all the facts. Identifying fake watches is something that is of critical importance to us and here we have let our customers and ourselves down. We are conducting an immediate review of our internal procedures to stop it happening again. The silver lining in all this is that through your actions we have been able to identify and remove the item before any customers became involved. For that I am grateful to you."

It is very surprising this slipped through but glad to see it has been dealt with promptly and efficiently. It should still be removed from the archives though!

That could have been very embarrassing !!

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Seb d
    I emailed Watchfinder about this and sent them a link to this thread and received this reply from the company director, Matt Bowling:

"Thank you for alerting us to the discussion and presence of this watch on our site. It is, as has been suggested, a fake. We’re looking into how the item managed to get on to the website and I’ll send you a full explanation of this when I have all the facts. Identifying fake watches is something that is of critical importance to us and here we have let our customers and ourselves down. We are conducting an immediate review of our internal procedures to stop it happening again. The silver lining in all this is that through your actions we have been able to identify and remove the item before any customers became involved. For that I am grateful to you."

Damn, i was hoping it was the start of some slip ups, i was away to send my panerai tourbillon in for them to sell :D

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977

Damn, i was hoping it was the start of some slip ups, i was away to send my panerai tourbillon in for them to sell :D

GOD!! It's so.... oh.. oh no... :pukeleft:

That seemed to me like a nice email from watchfinder. I hope they also offered you 50% off your next purchase :wink:

:laughing5:

I wonder if that piece was on commission rather than something they had bought in ?

That is truly horrendous!

lol... while you're at it, tell them that this is a 356305

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/IWC/Por...795-watch.aspx

...and this is not:

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/IWC/Por...890-watch.aspx

BTW if you get a discount Seb, that'd two you owe me.

Master

No comment to that, You said it all