closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMSD are they getting through ?

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

RMSD are they getting through ?

I posted one Yorkshire to Cumbria Mon, and it's still 'Progressing through the Network' :roll: Most roads are clear so whats the issue ? volume of Christmas Mail ?? or Lardy aresed Sorting office workers who dont give a Toss ?

Anyone else got parcels out there waiting to arrive or be delivered ?

Ian

Re: RMSD are they getting through ?

Ian

I will let you know after 12 today as I am waiting for a package sent yesterday from London to Wiltshire. They did say that yesterday was the last day for RMSD to arrive before Xmas.

Good luck!

Rob

Master
    Blog Entries

Not getting thru as it should :roll: Norwich to Sussex on Monday has not yet arrived and the website is f&%$ing useless :evil:

There is no data currently available for this tracking reference. Please try again later.

The best way right now is to use RMSD. I sent two things this week, and the lady at the counter told me that even RMSD cannot be garanteed for next day by 1pm, but the 1st parcel got there within one day, and I'm hoping the other is no more than 2 days at most.

No, they're not.

RM have withdrawn all timed delivery guarantees. Two RMSD's I've sent took 3 & 4 days to arrive, but I still used that service for the other benefits. The Okehampton depot in Devon hadn't received a single item in since Friday up to Monday, the roads around Devon have been impassible for artic's and so there is a significant backlog of work to be dealt with - and at the busiest time of the year too.

But I've seen nothing short of stirling effort by posties around our area in the last week's weather.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman

Ill let you know before 1pm too ive a new one on the way too.

Andy

"We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 22/12/10.

To check on your item’s progress, please try again later. "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IceAx
    Ill let you know before 1pm too ive a new one on the way too.

Andy

"We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 22/12/10.

To check on your item’s progress, please try again later. "
    Thats what mine said yesterday morning then after 1pm reverted to the old 'progressing through our network !'

I posted a watch from Hertfordshire to Nottingham on Monday afternoon, and it would have been delivered on Tuesday morning had the recipient been at home. Apparently it's now awaiting collection from the sorting office.

(Come on Chris, pull yer finger out!)

Craftsman

I had a parcel arrive this morning which was sent on Monday so two days instead of one - Route was from Crewe (wherever that is!) to Camberley in snowy Surrey - Finger crossed the backlog will clear in next few days & normal service will be resumed ... Paul ;)

Master

I posted one yesterday... just checked it now and its apparently reached the delivery office and is now out for delivery. Heres hoping it actually makes it there!

Craftsman

Posted 2 items on the 13th. Still haven't got to their destinations.

:roll:

Master
    Blog Entries

Oh dear that is a concern. At least the insurance is still intact, fingers crossed everyone gets their packages asap and intact :-).

5 days late for me :( :( :cry: :cry: ....posted Friday... still not here.

Craftsman

Royal Mail won't let me chase my parcels until they are at least 15 days late !?!?

Surely if they're not delivered the next day, they're late and you should be entitled to find out where they are ffs. RMSD guarantee was in place when I posted them according to the woman at the PO. I can understand some level of contingency for delays before they let you chase, but forcing you to have a 15 day wait before you can chase a guaranteed next day service is taking the p*ss.

:evil:

I sent a RMSD a couple of weeks ago and several days later is was showing as 'still progressing' etc.

Called the recipient and it seemed he'd had it for days - but the signature hadn't been registered.

In other words, don't put all your trust in the website.

Master

I got a very nice pair of jeans from a another member and they were sent on Monday and I received them on Tuesday. However collection/delivery was confined to the South East.

Master

I've posted four parcels on Monday 13th (Germany to UK) and none arrived yet. Tracking is useless due to no data update. Public "sorry" to all recipients. I really hope this will lead to a happy ending somehow...

I received a parcel sent from US after 27 days. Another parcel posted from Netherlands (perhaps 100km far away from my home) on Monday 13th did not arrive yet...

Craftsman

I received one RMSD Tuesday midday from Hull posted on Monday...excellent, given the weather

Master

Just reading this when the post-lady delivered a parcel sent on Monday from Scotland :)

Craftsman

update on mine:

"Your item has reached the delivery office and is out for delivery.

We can confirm that your item left the delivery office this morning and should arrive shortly if it hasn’t been delivered already. "

Andy

Craftsman

Typical. You start moaning about late delivery and then miraculously the stuff turns up!

Just had a call to say both my parcels arrived today.

:lol:

Master

Seem to of sorted themselves out now... posted yesterday, arrived today. Can't ask for much more!

Don't know about RMSD but I sent a parcel to Yorkshire from Bristol - 2nd class signed for on Monday morning - and it arrived this morning (Wednesday). When I posted it the lady behind the counter said "it won't get there before Christmas you know".

So hats off to the PO for a sterling effort :)

Cheers,
    Gary

Journeyman

Had one sent to me on Sat rmsd and it arrived Tuesday so just a day late not too bad considering the weather

Master

My mother sent 3 parcels to me on the 16th of December using Parcelfarce 48. They haven't arrived yet, and I'm getting p*ssed off waiting in for them :evil: .

Update

Its now the morning of the 24th, they arrived at the local sorting office yesterday afternoon, so fingers crossed that they get delivered to me today. 8 days to be delivered at a cost of over £30 to my dear old mum............. disgraceful service.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly
    I posted a watch from Hertfordshire to Nottingham on Monday afternoon, and it would have been delivered on Tuesday morning had the recipient been at home. Apparently it's now awaiting collection from the sorting office.

Just been and got it Tony - do you know I waited in for that till 12.30 but I was supposed to be meeting people for lunch at 12.0 (phoned and gave them the RMSD lame excusse) and tuned up at 1.0. The card they left said they turned up at 12.55 just my luck, never mind all's well that ends well and I have me new Xmas prezzie to myself - Oh look its got BLUE hands as well . .. . . :D :D :D

My opinion on post sevice they are doing their best in the circumstances just keep sending your stuff out as long as its not Megga Megga bucks value it will get there in the end.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM456
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly

Just been and got it Tony - do you know I waited in for that till 12.30 but I was supposed to be meeting people for lunch at 12.0 (phoned and gave them the RMSD lame excusse) and tuned up at 1.0. The card they left said they turned up at 12.55 just my luck, never mind all's well that ends well and I have me new Xmas prezzie to myself - Oh look its got BLUE hands as well . .. . . :D :D :D

My opinion on post sevice they are doing their best in the circumstances just keep sending your stuff out as long as its not Megga Megga bucks value it will get there in the end.
    Yes thats sods law alright! I was in bed sleeping all morning and a special delivery came an hour before I woke up it was taken back to sorting! what got my goat was my dogs normally make a right racket when the postie arrives but not on this occasion. So I had to wait a further 24 hours it said before I could go down and pick it up!

Craftsman

Stick this to your door

RMSD posted yesterday addressed to me arrived early today.
    It should be running normally in most parts of the country but as most of it is sent by air to the longer distances it is likely they have put on extra vans to avoid the airports. This will mean it will take longer for some journeys and that's why they have suspended the 01.00 delivery deadline.

I ordered a watch from Neil at Chronomaster yesterday and I have a card through my letterbox so I am assuming it's my new arrival, so it looks like they are.

Not RMSD I know but, I ordered a largish item on Monday afternoon, and a bit tongue in cheek asked if there was any chance it would arrive before Christmas.
    Well, it arrived 10.30 Tues morning by Parcel force van!
    All credit then, to the Post Office.

Blog Entries

Chased my SD up yesterday, they had just attempted Delivery 2 days late, recipient not in :roll: Looking at the Posts it does Look like RM are giving it a premium effort on the SD stuff, a Hero post for Postie/RM is in order.

From my experience this last week or so RMSD is approx 48 hrs and Airsure (with full £500 insurance) is one week - not bad at all really!

Ross

Banned

I think the Post Office do a great job.

It's the country as a whole which falls apart in situations such as a bad spell of weather.

I ordered a strap from Ted Su on Saturday. Posted Monday from Singapore with EMS/Parcelforce. Arrived this morning before 9am.

Blog Entries

I have a G10 on it's way from the fatherland.
    Posted on the 13th and sitting ready to dispatched to Blighty on the 16th.
    Not thinking I will see it this side of Christmas.

Pitch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110

Pitch
    Just checked and it is in GB.......I might be lucky :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    I think the Post Office do a great job.

It's the country as a whole which falls apart in situations such as a bad spell of weather.

I ordered a strap from Ted Su on Saturday. Posted Monday from Singapore with EMS/Parcelforce. Arrived this morning before 9am.
    My Steinhart has been in Cardiff since last Thursday, STILL not arrived yet and i'm closer to Cardiff than you are to Singapore! I'm also waiting for the Mrs's Christmas present which was sent from Devon on Monday RMSD. At least it's not just going to be me who is disappointed, eh!

Blog Entries

Pitch
    Just checked and it is in GB.......I might be lucky :shock:
    Even better...........just popped to my office and it was delivered this morning :lol: :lol:

Thats my Christmas made.

Good work posties here and over there, and of course Mariod and Eddie and My Mum and Dad.................................

Pitch

I received a watch sent by Capatainhowdy from Scotland on Tuesday and arrived in Dorset on Wednesday afternoon. There appeared to be no tracking info for it until a few minutes after it was delivered.

Took 2 days for RMSD to get from Sheffield to Glasgow - Monday to Wednesday.
    One sent on Tuesday RMSD from Sheffield still has not got to Southampton, sodomy know when it will get there now.
    Neil

Craftsman

Posted one from Manchester to Glasgow yesterday and it arrived this morning :D

In a word NO ! One week later and my buyer is still waiting !

Mine was bought from the mainland yesterday and delivered over here at 12.31pm today. :P

UK mainland to Isle of Wight next day..thankfully.
    But did have a 1st class recorded take 5 days last week?

I have both sent and received a few SDs in the last couple of weeks, and all arrived next day. Even on a Saturday when I wasn't expecting it to. Most were approx 100 miles either here or there.

I guess they're encouraging people to spend the money. The regular stuff can wait in a bin somewhere.

Had an SD parcel arrive Monday that was sent Friday which was a pleasant surprise given the weather!

When does the post start again the other side of Christmas? Is it Monday or Wednesday (after the 2 bank holidays)?

If you take a SD on Friday they will try and encourage you to pay the extra to guarantee delivery on Saturday. It's just a ploy to extract more cash out of you......don't do it!

By paying the extra (Sat Del) they guarantee it will be delivered on Saturday and if it is sent 'normal SD' they could leave it until Monday if they have too much to deliver or not enough staff/vans!
    It is all down to cost cutting and getting a bit extra playing on the senders desire to make sure it is delivered asap.

The main reasons why they will deliver it on Saturday more often than not is because on Monday they will have all the stuff sent on Saturday and historically Mondays and Tuesdays are their busiest days for SD!

I have had quite a lot of stuff sent to me on a Fri and it always arrives Saturday and everything I have posted has also arrived on Saturday.

Journeyman

i'm waiting for a package from the UK.........the waiting is killing me!

From what I understand speaking with a couple of posties.. all they are delivering is RMSD... seems UPS have ballsed up thousands of amazon orders.. amazon have been resending out everything as RMSD.. hence the posties and now swamped just trying to clear them everyday.

(I still am waiting for normal post which went out at the end of November!) so i expect theres a huge backlog of other post on top of the RMSD stuff..

If the RM get sold off... I think amazon should buy them :)

Master

Yes they are Ian :D