closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Problem with Doxa forum ?

Problem with Doxa forum ?

No new posts for 12+ hours :?:

I was looking for an update to a question someone posed earlier ...

Quote Originally Posted by A recent customer
    [ ... ] Woke up Xmas morning at 7:30am but my new 4000T read 3:23am and the 2nd hand was stopped. I figured maybe I didn't wind it up enough, but the "Safe Dive" hand was in the 2 o'clock position indicating I had plenty of time left. Does anyone know how accurate the "safe Dive" indicator is? I have no idea, my watch did not come with a manual, I received a CD with manuals on every Doxa except the 4000T. If anyone received a manual or has any idea how accurate the "safe Dive" indicator is I would appreciate any info very much. Thank you
    Still there in Google's cache but the original thread seems to have gone... :roll:

TT

Re: Problem with Doxa forum ?

Most of the time the problems with the Doxa forum is down to the moderation/suppression that occurs :wink:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Problem with Doxa forum?

Having read the (apparently deleted) thread, and a few others, the problem appears to be over-moderation and sycophancy.

It's probably just a forum glitch. I can't imagine that anyone at the DOXA forum would delete a thread that reported a negative experience with a DOXA watch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ safe dive.

Craftsman

and the answer is.......................................

* ?????????? ?????????????? ??
    * ??????????????????????? ??
    * ????????“??”?? ?????????? ??
    * ???????“????” ?????????? ??
    * ??6???? “???”?60?“???”???) ??
    * ??????????? ???????????) ??
    * ??????????? ????“??”??????
    * ?????????? ???????????????
    * ???????????????????????
    ???.??????????????80??

I would call that a general service inquiry rather than a negative post, a bit OTT to remove that for being negative. :?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    I would call that a general service inquiry rather than a negative post, a bit OTT to remove that for being negative. :?
    Whilst I agree, the Doxa forum and it's fruitcake policies/mods take paranoia to a whole new level.

(cue Chinese clapping GIF)
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa
    Whilst I agree, the Doxa forum and it's fruitcake policies/mods take paranoia to a whole new level.

(cue Chinese clapping GIF)
    If they had just stuck to calling the power reserve a power reserve then it would have been viewed as a dodgy watch. Thanks to their rebranding of the power reserve as "safe dive" it's now edging closer to being a potentially fatal equipment failure.

Love it when pointless spin backfires :LOL:

Well there are people posting again so it wasn't forum maintenance. Shame they pulled the thread. I had thought they were showing some self-awareness lately. Seems a bit harsh to not provide a manual with a new watch and then delete a thread when someone has an operational question.

"Safe Dive" might appear to be a bit of a hostage to fortune now ... especially with no manual to offer a disclaimer.

I like the Doxa design on the whole, am a previous customer, and would probably "get back in" if they ever sort out their brand personality issues. I do wonder sometimes though that maybe I've Got It All Wrong, and that in fact this behaviour is an oddball but winning marketing strategy. Why else would they continue to admonish, censor and spin customers time after time ? Maybe I just need to clench my fist more when I take a wrist shot and it will all suddenly make sense. Humurus ( sic ) but true :mrgreen:

TT