closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precista 300 on Hirsch MOBILE Leonardo Collection

Apprentice

Precista 300 on Hirsch MOBILE Leonardo Collection

Tried this Hirsch MOBILE Leonardo rubber band with curved ends on my Precista. What do you think? Viktor

Thomas Reid
    That seems to work perfectly together: it looks fitting. Did you have to modify it at all?

Best wishes,
    Bob

Apprentice
    No modifications needed, there is a special arrangement to fit different lug sizes:

Viktor

How long is each section of the strap in mm? Does it come in XL sizes (i.e., 85/125mm or larger? What is the lining made of? Leather? Rubber? Synthetic? Is the strap entirely rubber, or rubber-coated leather, and if coated, is the top only coated or both sides? Thanks in advance!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch Dilettante
    How long is each section of the strap in mm? Does it come in XL sizes (i.e., 85/125mm or larger? What is the lining made of? Leather? Rubber? Synthetic? Is the strap entirely rubber, or rubber-coated leather, and if coated, is the top only coated or both sides? Thanks in advance!
    I'm affraid I won't be able to answer all your questions.
    Length: 80 mm/115 mm, only one size was available at the German e-shop with watch accessories where I got it
    They call it "rubber material" though the feel is more like synthetic leather, especially on the inner side, it is probably coated on the upper side. That's all I know.

Viktor

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor
    No modifications needed, there is a special arrangement to fit different lug sizes:

Viktor
    Very clever :D I like it!

Cheers,
    Gert

Looks nice. Do you think it would smell bad when wet/sweat? That's the real test.

Looks GREAT though. Enjoy it.

Re: Precista 300 on Hirsch MOBILE Leonardo Collection

Tried this Hirsch MOBILE Leonardo rubber band with curved ends on my Precista. What do you think? Viktor

I think it looks excellent!!! :love10:

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Master
    Looks made-to-fit, really suits it well.

Kevin

That does look really good, I like how it fits to the case sides! Now to the important question: where did you get it from?

I've not really settled on a strap for my PRS-14, it variously lives on black/grey Natos, a Bond RAF Nato, a desert tan Zulu, and occasionally on the Rally strap I bought it on. I like the look of the Rally, but it's just too long for my wrist. Current favourite as of this evening is a black shark from Don Ginsler, which is heavy enough to suit the case and has enough texture to not appear too 'flat'.

But I do like that rubber strap, and I don't normally like rubber straps!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    ... Now to the important question: where did you get it from? ...
    I got it from a German e-shop http://www.stetefeld-design.de/ for 39 EUR. Good place with a terrific choice of straps IMHO but "nur in Deutsch".

It actually does not look like a rubber strap, it looks more like matt leather.

I got it from a German e-shop http://www.stetefeld-design.de/ for 39 EUR. Good place with a terrific choice of straps IMHO but "nur in Deutsch".

Viktor. I want you to engage in a vigorous activity for about 10-15 minutes, until you start to lightly perspire, and then tell me if the strap stinks. ;-)

Imagine putting in a real time order for someone to exert himself in order to gauge strap stinkiness. How brash of me! ;-) :twisted:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by worlok
    Viktor. I want you to engage in a vigorous activity for about 10-15 minutes, until you start to lightly perspire, and then tell me if the strap stinks. ;-)
    Well worlok, my wife said no :P ... so maybe some other time.

I have been wearing it for several days and so far it still smells like a new car. I expect it will behave better than a leather strap in the smell department and if it gets oily then it should be easy to clean it. It says 100 m water resistant, if it helps.

Sadly, I have no German at all :( Before I go mad with Babelfish, can anyone tell me whether they will ship outside Germany? (If they do I think I'll venture an e-mail...)
    Dave E

Master
    [quote=Dave E][quote=Viktor]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E":elozm5lr]... Now to the important question: where did you get it from? ...[/quote]

I got it from a German e-shop [url="http://www.stetefeld-design.de/
    http://www.stetefeld-design.de/[/url] for 39 EUR. Good place with a terrific choice of straps IMHO but "nur in Deutsch".

Sadly, I have no German at all :( Before I go mad with Babelfish, can anyone tell me whether they will ship outside Germany? (If they do I think I'll venture an e-mail...)[/quote:elozm5lr]

German is easy! 5-year old kids speak it quite well. In Germany. The rest of us have to learn it the hard way :lol:

Für Sendungen in Länder der EU und andere europäische Länder betragen die Versandkosten 19,50 EUR. Für Lieferungen in alle anderen Länder werden die tatsächlich anfallenden Versandkosten berechnet.Geraten Sie in Zahlungsverzug, so sind wir berechtigt, Verzugszinsen nach den gesetzlichen Bestimmungen zu berechne
    The answer would be yes, and for the UK (red), it would be EUR 19.50.

Cheers,
    Gert

Looks really good Viktor. :D
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Looks very very good, and the end device is exceedingly clever. :) It's one of those "why didn't I think of that?" sort of things.

Well worlok, my wife said no :P ... so maybe some other time.
    Great comeback! Touché! 8)

this is a very impressive strap indeed.okay viktor can you please if possible answer the following - what is the red square section which holds the springpin made of? is it compressible? the reason being is that i would want the strap to fit on a 21mm lug width watch and i would probably try to squeeze a 22mm strap on.also what is the thickness of the strap? at the lugs and also the general thickness of the strap? the strap looks similiar to the one on my maurice lacroix reveil globe which costs £130 and i've tried to find a cheaper replacement but nothing looks right or as as good as the original.anyone got the phone number for hirsch u.k.?

Grand Master
    I love it. Wonder where I can get one in Asia?

Ming

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill
    this is a very impressive strap indeed.okay viktor can you please if possible answer the following - what is the red square section which holds the springpin made of? is it compressible? the reason being is that i would want the strap to fit on a 21mm lug width watch and i would probably try to squeeze a 22mm strap on.also what is the thickness of the strap? at the lugs and also the general thickness of the strap?
    "The red square section" is in my case black and it is made of very hard plastic. The plastic square part is about 18 mm wide, it means it is shorter than the width of the strap which is of course 20 mm. The strap is very thick at lugs, some 8 mm and I think it may be difficult to squeeze it into 19 mm lugs (or a 22 mm strap into 21 mm lugs). The thickness goes gradually down from lugs to the first hole from 8 mm to 2 mm. Width at the buckle is 18 mm, and the part with holes has a carre end.

thanks viktor.the thickness of the strap sounds ideal.if the plastic square section is 2mm smaller than the strap width that should be okay..i suppose i could reduce the width of the plastic by trimming/filing if necessary.i assume the springbars are seperate to the plastic square section? the intended watch uses screwed rods to attatch the strap to the watch.again does anyone have hirsch uk number?

That strap looks superb. I wonder if there are any UK stockists for it? I'd certainly cosider buying one for my PRS14.

I've looked at ordering one from Germany, but there doesn't seem to be an option for UK under the country box on the order form (nor the German versions of Great Britain or England). Does this mean they won't ship to the UK?

If so, anyone know of a Hirsch stockist in the UK who carries them (or at least someone who'll ship to the UK)?
    Dave E

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill
    thanks viktor.the thickness of the strap sounds ideal.if the plastic square section is 2mm smaller than the strap width that should be okay..i suppose i could reduce the width of the plastic by trimming/filing if necessary.i assume the springbars are seperate to the plastic square section? the intended watch uses screwed rods to attatch the strap to the watch.again does anyone have hirsch uk number?
    Yes, the springbars are separate, they come included with the strap and they are not too thick, just standard size. The thick springbars from Seiko Monster did not get through.

thanks again viktor! sounds perfect for me.worth a try at least.now i need someone to sell me one! and preferably in the u.k.

I've looked at ordering one from Germany, but there doesn't seem to be an option for UK under the country box on the order form (nor the German versions of Great Britain or England). Does this mean they won't ship to the UK?

If so, anyone know of a Hirsch stockist in the UK who carries them (or at least someone who'll ship to the UK)?
    Having looked at all the countries listed in the order page, Vereinigtes Königreich is the United Kingdom as confirmed here and by putting United Kingdon into Babelfish.

[quote=Phil Lee]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dave E":7knivkp4

Having looked at all the countries listed in the order page, Vereinigtes Königreich is the United Kingdom as confirmed here and by putting United Kingdon into Babelfish.[/quote:7knivkp4]

Aha! Thank you sir, I didn't spot that one. :roll:
    Dave E

Thomas Reid
    I'm not all that keen on metal bracelets, but I've had a hankering to try the one pictured below from that site. Is it too weird? Has anyone ever seen one up close and personal?

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    I'm not all that keen on metal bracelets, but I've had a hankering to try the one pictured below from that site. Is it too weird? Has anyone ever seen one up close and personal?

Best wishes,
    Bob
    many years ago, my late grandfather had a bracelet that looked just like it on a white-dialed 6-eater. Also a Hirsch, as I recall it. It looked sporty, yet distinguished IMO, and I have contemplated getting one to play with. They weigh less and have a less imposing feel to them. There is more play between the links than in most regular bracelets. Hansjörg Vollmer/Aristo also make some similar models in different finishes and Titanium, should one be so inclined.

Cheers,
    Gert

Well, I've given it a shot with the help of Babel Fish, so we'll see what happens! :D
    Dave E

The Hirsch UK Sales Manager is coming to see me when I get moved into the new office.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    The Hirsch UK Sales Manager is coming to see me when I get moved into the new office.

Eddie
    See if a 20mm would fit a DC56.

john

Eddie
    Please ask him why Hirsch discontinues all of its best straps. And also why they don't make more rubber-lined or composite straps. In XL sizes. Thanks for your attention...

Grand Master
    ... and while you are at it: 18mm, constant width, open-ended, dark-brown leather, XXL
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Grand Master

Eddie
    Mmm 22mm fitted for DN...:D

Ming

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Thein

Eddie
    Mmm 22mm fitted for DN...:D

Ming
    It's not real rubber. :twisted:

john

I've just been speaking with Hirsch and the retail for the Mobile is £27.50, available in black and blue, 18, 20 & 22mm. Apparently they need special 1.5mm springbars, which are extra

Is there any interest?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I've just been speaking with Hirsch and the retail for the Mobile is £27.50, available in black and blue, 18, 20 & 22mm. Apparently they need special 1.5mm springbars, which are extra

Is there any interest?

Eddie
    Yep!

I'll have one for my PRS-14.

The "special" springbars apparently aren't all that special at £3 per 100. :wink:

Eddie

Is there any interest?

Eddie
    I am, if they fit the DC56 ... any way of knowing? Perhaps after you get some 20mm in stock?

john

I'm definitely interested.
    The P300 has essentially become my daily wearer since I picked it up while on R&R in July. Other than the smallish crown (which is a problem for me with many watches), I absolutely love it! I've got it on a Bond and it looks good, but that fitted strap is the danglies.

On a side note, I'm sorry to have been away so long, but the team's moved again and we are very busy in our new location (Qalat). Also, internet access is sparse and abominably slow. Will try to be around more in the coming months.

Master
    Welcome back Colin I was wondering how long you were going to be away all the best nice to hear from you again.
    Paul. :)

So you managed some R&R in the end Colin, didn't know whether you got the PRS-14 or not. Did you get to attend to the other business? The stuff you showed me in the picture? :wink:

Eddie

Good to hear from you again, Colin. Keep up the good work.

So you managed some R&R in the end Colin, didn't know whether you got the PRS-14 or not. Did you get to attend to the other business? The stuff you showed me in the picture? :wink:

Eddie
    Stuff? What stuff?

john

I could tell you but then......................

Eddie

I could tell you but then......................

Eddie
    ... I know ... you have to kill me. :(

john

It was nothing to do with scantily clad hot totty.

Eddie

I'd be interested in one of the straps.

And any hot totty, scantily clad or not!

Cheers, Olly