closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cashback sites ...... a con ?

Master

Cashback sites ...... a con ?

I've recently signed up to "top cashback", and in the past 2 months have twice been on the verge of signing up for an offer via their site (the latest offer being discounted AA membership), however upon reading the feedback comments on the site you find shed loads of complaints from customers who have not received the promised cashback.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/retailerse ... akdown.htm

Are these sites a complete waste of time, or are some better than others in delivering what they promise ?.

Re: Cashback sites ...... a con ?

Don't know about that one but Quidco is 100% genuine, I've had £470 back off them in the last year :)

Quidco works for me. Insurance and mobile phone deals seem to be where the big cashback offers are.

Quidco is brill. £150 cashback from Vodafone at the mo on iphone 4.
    Ive had almost £1500 in last 2 years off them.
    the cash is NEVER guaranteed - but 95% i reckon goes through and you can always query any others that don't.
    Laterooms, Hotels.com, PLAY, you nmae it - insurance and phones is big business - the firms want to BUY you.

I have used topcashback for about 18 months and it has been great. I have only used it to get relativley small amounts of cashback - probably £20 being the largest for a laptop. It has always tracked successfully, but it does take some time before it is payable.

Ben

Master

I was wary of them due to so many reports of the cashback not being received, but it looks like some sites may be better than others.

I'll research whatever I'm after, and if there happens to be a cashback offer available for my preffered supplier I'll consider that a bonus that may or may not materialise.

e.g. I'm looking for car breakdown cover - Brittania Rescue quote £70, The AA quote £120 but with £50 cashback, so in this instance I'll go with Brittania. with the reasoning being that a bird in the hand.......................

It all sounds a bit devious to me though - sign up with Joe Bloggs ltd who charge more than the other companies, but you MIGHT get some of the money back. But, if Joe Bloggs ltd decide not to give you any money back then its tough luck and there's sod all you can do about it.

Apprentice

I've been a member of quidco for quite a while, even when it was in its infancy it still delivered as long as you followed the rules.

Since then it seems to be much more slick operation now and I've totally about £300 over a couple years.

Patience is the key, you will get the money but may have to wait several months for it, but then its a nice surprise when it does arrive, kinda like when you get tax back that you've overpaid!

Just go for it!

Another thumbsup for Quidco here.

Works well, cash paid but sometime you do have to wait.

Quidco is brilliant - £520 back in about 15 months.

I've even had money back from things I didn't buy!

For example I applied for a car loan but didn't sign up - still got cashback. I also bought holiday insurance and then cancelled it and still got the cashback.

I only tend to buy stuff through Quidco that I would have bought anyway so it's free money for me.

Cheers,

Master
    Blog Entries

We've used Topcashback for a couple of years, no problems bieng paid that I can recall, but can sometimes have to wait 3-4 months.

The "£70 vs £120-£50" is an easy choice, but what about "£90 vs £120-£50"? You need to make your own choice as to whether you'll take the risk. As always on the internet, you hear a lot of complaints but very few "what excellent service" posts.

Master

A con - NO.
    I use topcashback - when I remember - and have received a couple of hundred quid back. Sometimes you have to chase them up, but that's very easy, and yes it does take some time, several weeks if not months.

However - if you've done your price comparisons already, buying via a cashback site is FREE money... :D
    You've got the cheapest price already, so where's the risk ???

Master

Topcashback usually works but as others have said it can take a while.

Master

I bit the bullet and signed up with the AA through Quidco, the signs aren't promising though as my account is showing zero transactions and no retailer visits :cry: fingers crossed that it updates itself before the AA's cooling off period runs out :blackeye:

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catflem
    I bit the bullet and signed up with the AA through Quidco, the signs aren't promising though as my account is showing zero transactions and no retailer visits :cry: fingers crossed that it updates itself before the AA's cooling off period runs out :blackeye:
    It takes a little while to track, you won't get the money before the end of the cooling off period though.

A transaction can take a couple days to appear on your Quidco account, if you followed the path correctly re. clicking to set the cookies etc then it should defo register :)

quidco is brilliant - takes a while sometimes but I have received £570 through them in the last year so cannot complain !

Another vote for quidco. I go through it for virtually all my online purchases.

I imagine they will wait till after the cooling off period is over to track it.

Thats what I'd do if I wanted to avoid paying people for not taking up my service.

Master

Confirmation rceived this morning that it is tracking :D , so hopefully the dosh will show up in a couple of months.

I decided to go with the AA as their personal cover option means that the wife and I are both covered for any car we drive, and as we have 1 modern and 3 classics it was a far better deal than covering 2 cars for any drivers (£103 as opposed to £132 !).