timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Ashes

Grand Master

Re: The Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo1711
    Magnanimous in victory :D :twisted:
    This shows about the same degree of magnanimity as the opponents ever have, and is thus entirely in keeping with the nature of the victory. IMO of course :)
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

You could have heard a pin drop in the office this morning. :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naturally I let it go. :roll: :lol:

Blog Entries

A very good article by Peter Roebuck in the Sydney Morning Herald, who doesn't hold back.... :D :shock: :D

Writing about the England team's performance he writes....."Seldom has ruthlessness been as attractively and painfully delivered."

Love it!!

:bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by bloater
    Shame that they have to go back for a few minutes tommorow.
    Oh no, it wasn't! :D I was lucky enough to be at the SCG (and at the MCG) and I can tell you that blinking brilliant! :lol:

The sight of the whole of the bottom of the Victor Trumper stand (several thousand of the Barmy Army) swaying as one when singing one of the Mitchell Johnson songs is a memory that will stay with me for some considerable time.

Wish I'd been there! There's no doubt that the Barmy Army played a huge part in England;s success, and it was great to see the team acknowledge their support and go to them after the presentations.

How many Mitchell Johnson songs have they got? Any that you can tell us about?

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond
    A very good article by Peter Roebuck in the Sydney Morning Herald, who doesn't hold back.... :D :shock: :D

Writing about the England team's performance he writes....."Seldom has ruthlessness been as attractively and painfully delivered."

Love it!!

:bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce:

Quote of the week :D

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point
    How many Mitchell Johnson songs have they got? Any that you can tell us about?
    Absolutely. It would be a pleasure.

The favourite was definitely: (with the accompanying 'swaying' from side to side with arms extended)

He bowls it to the left
    He bowls it to the right
    That Mitchell Johnson, he just bowls SHITE!

(When I was watching the highlights after each day, this could repeatedly be heard over the commentary and it appeared to really get under Johnson's skin. His first ball duck in the second innings at the SCG is testament to this!)

Second favourite (to the tune of the Addams family):

His mother hates his missus,
    His missus hates his mother,
    They all hate each other,
    The Johnson family, Da-dee-dah-dah-dah etc etc

And last, but not least (accompanied by wide cheers from the Army whenever he came in to bowl):

There's only one Mitchell Johnson,
    One Mitchell Johnson,
    One Mitch-ell John-son etc etc

(Particularly pertinent when Graham Swann and Tremlett took him for 22 runs off one over!)

Oh, happy days. :D

I was lucky enough to spend three days at the 1st Test at the Gabba and sat with, and as part of the Barmy Army all day.

My favourite song.

(First, a gentleman in the middle of the Barmy Army stands up and gestures with his left hand to his left and then with his right hand to his right, the song begins)

We're the left side, we're the left side, we're the left side over here.
    We're the middle, we're the middle, we're the middle over here.
    We're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side over here.

You're the convicts, you're the convicts, you're the convicts over there! :lol:

Essex won The Ashes!!! Thanks Mr Cook!!

Regarding songs sung to the Aussies... For future reference.... You all live in a convict colony (To the tune of Yellow Submarine)
    Get your Sh@" Stars, Get your Sh"" Stars, Get your Sh&% Stars off our flag (Repeat)

And to the tune of (Whole world in our hands) We get 3 dollars to the pound, we get three dollars to the pound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hlovett
    And to the tune of (Whole world in our hands) We get 3 dollars to the pound, we get three dollars to the pound!!!
    Not anymore, unfortunately.

More like "we get 3 pounds to the dollar, etc etc" :( It's bloody expensive Down Under these days...

And my favourite BA song has always been: 'You're got our flag on your flag, You've got our flag on your flag' etc :lol: