closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai style?

Master

Panerai style?

Im struggling to find a pam, within the budget ive set myself,

what else is out there that is panerai esque? i dont want a copy or knock off, dont think i really like those marina militare jobbies or the davidsen things.

ive had a prs20 but dont like the wire lugs.

i know there is anonimo, is there anything else?

Master

Re: Panerai style?

Magrette......

Cheers :)

Hi there.

I good 'budget' choice would be 'Lum-Tec' if you want that Panerai style on a bit of a budget.

http://www.lum-tec.com/2010/m-automatic.html

The examples above are around the £500 mark. It's more 'Anonimo' that Panerai in style, but very similar (44mm / 24mm straps) dimensions.

If you can stretch to say £1000 - £1200 then it might be worth trying to pick up a base Anonimo from here as they come on the SC now and again in fairly good condition and at least you don't have to put up with some japanese movement! :P :P

Master
    Blog Entries

You're not exactly being patient with this search, which is just what you'll need to be if you want to find a sensiblly priced and decent condition 000 Logo. Have you spoken to the seller of this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panerai-Luminor-B ... 1e60db37e8

They are out there, I've found a couple myself over the last few days, you just need to be ready to jump on them once you find them :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman
    You're not exactly being patient with this search which is just what you'll need to be if you want to find a sensiblly priced and decent condition 000 Logo. Have you spoken to the seller of this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panerai-Luminor-B ... 1e60db37e8
    im not a patient guy i hadnt anticipated not being able to buy one at my ad

ebay is blocked in work, but is that the one from a low feedback seller with two scratches on it?

anyway, i think i mentioned, retail is less in ireland than the uk, add that to strong residuals and pre owned in the uk isnt worth buying over new irish if i could get one,

a german guy on chrono 24 who seems trustworthy had a BNIB one for less than 2,800 euro, but he is away until start of feb, im in rome in the interim, i may get one over there

Master

Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK)
    Hi there.

I good 'budget' choice would be 'Lum-Tec' if you want that Panerai style on a bit of a budget.

http://www.lum-tec.com/2010/m-automatic.html

The examples above are around the £500 mark. It's more 'Anonimo' that Panerai in style, but very similar (44mm / 24mm straps) dimensions.

If you can stretch to say £1000 - £1200 then it might be worth trying to pick up a base Anonimo from here as they come on the SC now and again in fairly good condition and at least you don't have to put up with some japanese movement! :P :P
    i really like anonimo, especially the 'base' ones, however looking at what they went for on SC when they seemed a little more plentiful, id be reluctant to spend over £1k on one.

i think there is more merit to anonimo that any other alternative

My old D-Date (custard yellow dial) has done the rounds on SC and was listed at around £700 each time iirc, so £600-800 is definitely achievable for decent 2nd hand example with a bit of wabi. Probably not for one made from one of the more 'exotic' case materials though.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerMagician
    My old D-Date (custard yellow dial) has done the rounds on SC and was listed at around £700 each time iirc, so £600-800 is definitely achievable for decent 2nd hand example with a bit of wabi. Probably not for one made from one of the more 'exotic' case materials though.
    It all depends on the model TBH. A used D-Date or Milimetre will be achievable with a £1k budget, but I wouldn't think you'd get a pre-owned Polluce (in any case material) for less than about £1300.

Kienzle Atlantis. This is Omegary's picture from a sales post on here a while back.

______

​Jim.

Now I know very little about Panerai watches as they're not really my thing, but isn't our hosts Precista Italian PRS-20 in a Pam style, at what seems a very good price and quality point?

If I am mistaken, I apologise in advance.

Ah edited to add that I have just seen that the OP has already owned a PRS 20...I apologise for different reasons now, for being stupid

Oceanus oc-108. Out of production now I beleive, but occasionally one pops up for sale and still for <<<<£100

In fact, the one above might be for sale soon.

Master

What about one of these?

I picked mine up a few weeks ago & have totally fallen far it.

Master

The Atlantis is a nice watch, although only moderately Panerai-esque. Had one myself for about eleven years and in fact, was wearing it only yesterday.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Aristo had a 'Kampfschwimmer' with the Cortebert derivate Molnija. Molnija not only had the rights but also lock, stock and barrel of the engine made for Rolex to mount in the watches for Panerai.
    There may still be around.

The current Kampfschwimmer model has an eta 2824a

The Plasmir is :shock: and among the best 'homage' but not all that easy to find and even counterfeited.

The Casio Oceanus is véry good spotted!!!

USD 450 + a Toshi for this JOA...if you're after a PAM style on a budget, what's not to like (other than a waiting time that would probably annoy you)?

Master

You can allways take a look at Benarus Moray which has a bit of "panerai elements". The dart dial are really nice and good quality for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover
    The Atlantis is a nice watch, although only moderately Panerai-esque. Had one myself for about eleven years and in fact, was wearing it only yesterday.

I have owned an Atlantis too. I suggested it because it is an ETA6497, has similar dimensions to a Panerai, although the lugs are 22mm &
    it wears similarly on the wrist. I didn't suggest it because it is a "lookey-likey".
    ______

​Jim.

Master

Dievas do a range of Panerai homages which by all accounts are of good quality. I personally like the vintage 2533 which looks like a Radomir with a 305 dial

http://www.qualitytime-watches.co.uk/di ... ef=396&m=2

Journeyman

Pan 288
    The real deal

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDIO65
    Pan 288
    The real deal

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    I hadn't seen one of those before & i like it! How long before my recent acquisitions get flipped for that.....?