I've shipped 28 so far.

Eddie

I wouldnt want to be behind you in the post office que :D

Banned
    Blog Entries

Re: Speedbird GMT - ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by jambobbyb
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen
    Who are the "well known modifier of Swiss movements" then??
    It is or was Choisi :bigsmurf:

Who else did they used to supply movements to? I can't find much on google.

Mine arrived a 7.38 this morning.

Its a fine looking watch the dial works better for me than the Speedbird 3 which is a little too spartan for my taste. I can't put my finger on why but the dial also works better with this case shape. So aesthetically it is an absolute triumph.

My only doubt is about the way the GMT function works. I had researched it and had satisfied myself that it would be OK but its only when you get to handle it and set it that you start to think about the practicalities. I'm beginning to think that it is a great watch for working with people in another timezone but maybe not so hot for travel. Having been used to the Rolex approach there is no denying that it is very different and I'm trying to get my head area how it would work coming west to east across the US. Going to take a couple of days to mull that one over.

Yup. I was all kinds of excited when I got my confirmation email today!

Master

The traveller's GMT style works slightly better for many circumstances, but the office GMT isn't the end of the world - set to local time, adjust GMT hand back or forwards, and job done. Not quite as convenient, but not the end of the world.

More than 50% sent out sounds like good going to me!

Really looking forward to getting the watch - I think was the time zone is set to NSW it will stay there, shouldn't be much hassle. My Breitling has the same movement I'm sure and it is one of the easiest GMT's I've used - I have a few Rolex GMT's that work well too but i guess I am going to have to get them all out together and see what the practical differences are of changing the time.

I assume that ideally you would need two extra hands to cope with all the time zone that are 15 or 30 mins different - but if I was that picky I'd buy a digital watch that did it all - personally I think I'd either remember the time differences or wear two watches :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman

Fingers crossed by the end of the week then...it's a race between my 2 incoming!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    The traveller's GMT style works slightly better for many circumstances, but the office GMT isn't the end of the world - set to local time, adjust GMT hand back or forwards, and job done. Not quite as convenient, but not the end of the world.
    +1
    This is only ever going to be an issue if your flying every day!

A few reviews seem to prefer the GMT function of the 2893 to the Rolex version - I'm sure I'll be happy working out both - to be honest from a quick read I don't understand how the Rolex GMT works, even though I've done it lots of times.

Mine is already on my wrist. Looks great, like you can see here.

Actually it's a lil bit on fast forward (about 20 sec since yesterday evening) , but will see how it'll be in a few days/weeks.

Master

What do you think of your first Timefactors watch?

IIRC they are regulated to be a little fast and it's best to let them settle for a couple of months and then see where the watch is at.

Master

Hurrah, despatch notification just received :D

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH
    Snap.

Must be Berkshires turn today.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH
    Snap.

Must be Berkshires turn today.
    And the London Posse too :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler

IIRC they are regulated to be a little fast and it's best to let them settle for a couple of months and then see where the watch is at.
    I'm very pleased with the watch. I think it's a very good quality and design for a very reasonable price. The bracelet fit's fantastic and wears very comfortable. The dial is amazing with it's clean look an matt finish, also is the case.

Like it very much, it's on my wrist for almost 24 hours now and I think it will for many additional days, although there are waiting a couple of very nice watches in the box... ;)

jambobbyb

Last edited by jambobbyb; 21st May 2019 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by neunelfer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler

I'm very pleased with the watch. I think it's a very good quality and design for a very reasonable price. The bracelet fit's fantastic and wears very comfortable. The dial is amazing with it's clean look an matt finish, also is the case.

Like it very much, it's on my wrist for almost 24 hours now and I think it will for many additional days, although there are waiting a couple of very nice watches in the box... ;)
    Looks FanF'ntastic to me - had a call - mine have arrived today and were signed for while I was out working. Can't wait!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dispatch email received! :-)

Two new birds arrived and were waiting at the house for me :)

They look even better than I was expecting and the case is just fantastic too - very pleased and my favorite Time Factors watch to date - I still have more of a thing for two models that haven't been launched yet though.

Unfortunately mine has been taken off my and I'll have to wait until my birthday before I can take it out to play. The other is being packaged up and will find its way to NSW, as another birthday present.

For the money I am highly impressed and would recommend that anyone on the fence and waivering should just go for it and buy one while they can - great watch, great movement and with a reasonable 100m depth rating it's just about the perfect watch to take on holiday.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen
    Dispatch email received! :-)

Snap! :lol:

Craftsman

Number 44 turned up at Smoz towers this morning, looks good but not worn it yet, will try and have a go at sizing the bracelet tomorrow.

Grand Master

how does it compare with you know what? :wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic

They look even better than I was expecting and the case is just fantastic too - very pleased and my favorite Time Factors watch to date - I still have more of a thing for two models that haven't been launched yet though.

Unfortunately mine has been taken off my and I'll have to wait until my birthday before I can take it out to play. The other is being packaged up and will find its way to NSW, as another birthday present.

For the money I am highly impressed and would recommend that anyone on the fence and waivering should just go for it and buy one while they can - great watch, great movement and with a reasonable 100m depth rating it's just about the perfect watch to take on holiday.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Hmmmm... popping into Maplins en-route to a meeting tomorrow to pick up some screwdrivers. Anyone know what size I need?

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk
    how does it compare with you know what? :wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic

Compares very well! Obviously it is not going to take the honors in a side by side against a watch which is now almost 10 times the price, but I was very pleasantly surprised - especially by the case and bracelet - two areas which let a lot of watches down and two areas which manufacturing tools and processes have improved a lot in the last 25 years - but still some brands can't make cases as good as some top brands from the 70's.

The dial was fantastic and the underside anti-reflective coating must be doing the job v well as I could see the dial clearly form every angle - I love the looks and the spec is fantastic for the price - crown is not quite as smooth as my Breitling gmt (but then it is very new!) and the 24 hour hand is very similar almost exactly the same feel the way it clicks to each setting.

For the money you can't go wrong - I though the PRS3 was a complete bargain and still do - but the Speedbird GMT is a classy looking watch and very very good value - it compares very well to what I like and i'm usually a mid brand - Rolex / Omega guy wit a few others thrown in for good measure - it's not quite up there but it's not as far behind as you would have expected.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly
    Hmmmm... popping into Maplins en-route to a meeting tomorrow to pick up some screwdrivers. Anyone know what size I need?

I think it is a 1 mm screwdriver, I have a multi head screwdriver set from Maplin's and the one that fitted has 1.0 etched on the side. You will need to use two screwdrivers to adjust the bracelet.

Here's a few pictures of number 44, the last one will give you an idea of comparative size ...

Master

#37 just delivered, Good work Eddie. :thumbleft:
    Now, I like the original SBIII but then again, I do quite like the new GMT, I cant quite make up my mind.
    Well there is only one way to find out.......FIGHT :D

Master

No 39 now received 8)

Utterly superb, everything I'd hoped for and more :)

Now to grow an extra arm ready for the battle with the bracelet tonight :twisted:

(Actually it's not that bad, just make sure you have 2 screwdrivers that fit well, plenty of light and you work somewhere where you won't lose the screwheads...)

Banned
    Blog Entries

No 26, present and correct!

Master

Red card left today, which I suspect is my SB GMT. Luckily, I'll have time to pop to the post office and go home to resize the bracelet before going to work tomorrow.

Hmmm, just went to the RM website to check whether the package was from Sheffield, and got this:

Your item with reference SC*********GB was delivered from our ************ Delivery Office on 24/02/11 .
    Thank you for using this service.
    We can confirm that this item was delivered before the guaranteed time.
    Sorry, your electronic proof of delivery is not available at the moment. Please come back and check again in 24 hours. On occasion, we experience delays with this service and it can take up to 5 working days for electronic proof
    I hope this isn't going to be more exciting than it needs to be - I assume / hope that in this case the confirmation of delivery on time is actually confirmation that they had tried to deliver it on time...