closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedbird 3 GMT owners list.

Re: Speedbird 3 GMT owners list.

i believe i am 005, oh and hello to all the members here. i'm a long time WIS and a current member of WUS but learning quickly to like tz a bit more for the relaxed atmosphere.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You will find this site far more easy going. Have fun, and thanks for joining the list.

Now updated.

i'm part of the second batch, so i don't think i'm number 5, i believe i'm number 005

#54 arrived this morning

jr, i am def in the second half i just dont know my number yet. i thought it was 005 but i must be mistaken as ian has 54. so i must be in the 50's

Journeyman

Number 53 landed safely in Seattle. Switched my regular SB3 over to a tan leather strap (I'm not much of a bracelet guy, but the quality of the SB bracelet was too good NOT to wear). Problem is, it's now like I have 2 new watches and I can't decide which one to wear. I think I'll go a half a day with each. :lol:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marine1981
    jr, i am def in the second half i just dont know my number yet. i thought it was 005 but i must be mistaken as ian has 54. so i must be in the 50's
    Have you worked out which you have yet? :-)

Deleted, because I'm a jackass

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ah. I'd let Eddie know if I was you mate. (I'm sure you already have). It may be time for an insurance claim
    By him and a repelcement being sent.

Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen
    Ah. I'd let Eddie know if I was you mate. (I'm sure you already have). It may be time for an insurance claim
    By him and a repelcement being sent.
    No.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

It's way too early to worry about this yet, given it was posted only 5 days ago.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by marine1981
    Nope, the royal mail said this
    Your item, posted on 19/04/11 with reference RJ653475407GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CANADA.
    Only problem is I live in the US. this could be just that it was delivered to Canada and be will be in enroute to the us next. Unless someone here disagrees

I gave him the wrong tracking number, the information he got is correct for the tracking number I gave him :wink: .

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Banned
    Blog Entries

I didnt realise it had been sent so recently. Would have to be a couple of weeks at least before getting into insurance.

Anyway, Sorted. :-)

Easily done.

As always Eddie has resolved the situation in the quickest most professional fashion.

Craftsman

After having the bad experience here in the SC with a member asking above Eddies price for his GMT as it was "special" beeing "one of the first 50"....
    and his reply to "whats special about" was "ask Eddie" :roll: ...I decided to order one brand new and guess what: I received a "special" one too: Number 35 is now with me.

Thanks Eddie for the fast delivery and a perfect example! After buying (and selling) the SB III four times because of the plain dial I am positive to become happy with the GMT.

Banned
    Blog Entries

That's a bit much. Although mine is obviously worth far more than the list price as it will be at the royal wedding. Il be sure it's on camera. Well If I am it will be. ;-)

List updated to here.

005-10 has arrived safe and sound in the US and will be getting sized and will be staying on my wrist, by the way this watch is quite a piece of craftsmanship! The crown is better than anything I've had to date! Also I know it's been said thousands of times here but the bracelet is budda smooth. Thanks again Eddie an for an awesome watch!

Craftsman

No 62 safely in my custody.

i timed number 005 for the last 12 hoours now and she's moving along at +4 seconds, we'll see if it settles some but i doubt it. this thing is amazingly accurate for a sub $700 watch. now i'm looking at the prs 14 :D

Apprentice

No. 4 is now on my wrist (1st owner!). Toby24

I have number 77 as I was born in 1977 so thanks Eddie for sending that one by request :)

frankman

Mine number is 088.

rayjack

Number 57 here.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

I received 089 this morning and am just delighted with it.

New to this forum BTW, not to mention owning a high quality watch. I chose the Speedbird after a lot of research, considering other models, browsing through this forum, all topped off by speaking personally with Mr Platts, who was very helpful.

Mine has been causing me a real problem in the last month....I just cannot bring myself to wear any of my other watches. The SB III GMT seems to suit all occasions and I can't seem to bring myself to leave it in the box. Maybe I should just sell my other watches.

I have just obtained number 37 :) (and am a very happy man)

Andy

Banned
    Blog Entries

Up to date to here. 11:13 1/6/11

Journeyman

Mine has been shipped today. Should get it tomorrow. It's so exciting! :D

Journeyman

I've got no. 87. :D The year I got married. :D

It's the one I asked Eddie for and he kindly obliged. What a gentleman.

I dont remember what the number is mine :mrgreen: but i'm just sure that i have one on my wrist :D :bounce:

Banned
    Blog Entries

If you take it off your wrist for a moment you could tell us the number. If you like. I know they are hard to prize off though!

91 arrived a few weeks ago, along with new staps for my CWC diver. :D

I had considered an SB3 but I knew that I'd regret missing out on the GMT, so pulled the trigger on it while I could.

It really is a special watch. It's a quality piece without any pretense. The bracelet is really nice. Not at all blingy. Not too heavy either. Currently it's a daily wearer.

Timekeeping has been settling down over the past few weeks. Initially it was + 15 secs, before wearing. Having adjusted the bracelet, it's been on my wrist most days.
    After a week on the wrist it was within + 10 secs. If my calculations are correct, it's now averaging less than + 5 secs/day over 6 days.

Thanks Eddie. :D

Journeyman

What sort of accuracy are fellow owners experiencing?

Mine (no. 87) has been on my wrist for the past week. It was minus 5 seconds after 24 hours.

At present it is showing a minus 8 or 9 second deviation daily. I'm happy with this. 8)

---
    Above edited on 22 June to reflect accuracy since I posted the above. I remain very pleased with this watch.

Master

Quite fast for me - haven't timed it properly but I'd say between 30 and 45 seconds per day. I think it's gone beyond the supposed settling in period now, so I may have it regulated.

Edit: oca9i - great pic there :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Quite fast for me - haven't timed it properly but I'd say between 30 and 45 seconds per day. I think it's gone beyond the supposed settling in period now, so I may have it regulated.
    < 20 secs seems ok. >30 secs seems too high. Was yours one of the first 25? Before you send it for regulation, did you read this?

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=159296

Speedbird 3 GMT owners list.

Got mine (45) from Denis 3 days ago. It's not been off my wrist since and I think it's probably going to be my beater for a while. Purists might think risking damaging one with daily wear is sacrilege but I've bought mine to enjoy wearing it while I can. I really like it although I am slightly disappointed by the Lume which I was hoping would be brighter for longer. Is it just number 45 or has anyone else noticed that?
    Not sure on it's time keeping accuracy yet but I'll measure it over the next week.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by CurryTime
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    < 20 secs seems ok. >30 secs seems too high. Was yours one of the first 25? Before you send it for regulation, did you read this?

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=159296
    I did, and it isn't. It's not the end of the world to have it regulated - I'd agree that anything under 20 is fine, but at around 10 minutes per fortnight it's gaining a little more than I'd like.

Just checked mine from last night. Continually on the wrist and gained 29 seconds in 22 hours. Doesn't sound too good to me but it's not far enough out to have to miss wearing it to have it calibrated.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Mine is still running a few seconds a day fast, around four or five. Which I am very happy with.

Having worn mine continually now since I got it it's still gaining over 1 minute a day. Should it change at all now or should I get it regulated and, if so, where is best to send it to as I bought it SH on Sales corner?

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by PRGH
    Got mine (45) from Denis 3 days ago. It's not been off my wrist since and I think it's probably going to be my beater for a while. Purists might think risking damaging one with daily wear is sacrilege but I've bought mine to enjoy wearing it while I can. I really like it although I am slightly disappointed by the Lume which I was hoping would be brighter for longer. Is it just number 45 or has anyone else noticed that?Not sure on it's time keeping accuracy yet but I'll measure it over the next week.
    The only real down mark for this watch. Potentially, the lume could have been a signature of this watch but it doesn't quite live up to the rest of this piece.

Seabadger and PRGH,

To be honest, I think your timekeeping is out of spec and I'm sure Eddie would rather you email him about it, than for it to remain an issue. If the odd watch or two was shipped that way, he needs to know.

Not so sure about second hand watches though... GMT's have hardly been out that long to be on the second hand market...

Mine is under +10 secs and has been better than + 5 secs. There was a variation in my activity over the period but it tends to run a little faster when doing the desk job.

PRGH and Marvin,

Re Lume.

Lume is as good or better than some mil spec tritium dials. Eyes need to adjust in the dark.
    Bright sun or a lamp will give better results than wearing under the shirt. After al,l lume doesnt self illuminate. It needs to be exited by light first.

Photographs will tend to look better

Banned
    Blog Entries

Seabadger and PRGH,

To be honest, I think your timekeeping is out of spec and I'm sure Eddie would rather you email him about it, than for it to remain an issue. If the odd watch or two was shipped that way, he needs to know.

Not so sure about second hand watches though... GMT's have hardly been out that long to be on the second hand market...

Mine is under +10 secs and has been better than + 5 secs. There was a variation in my activity over the period but it tends to run a little faster when doing the desk job.
    Absolutely. The 2 year warranty is on the watch not the owner, and Eddie will sort this out.

Please email him.

Craftsman
    In a world without walls, who needs a location?

Been quite a long while away from this forum.

Based on my experience in automatic watches, it will take a while for the mechanism to run-in and get bedded. Just keep wearing them for a couple of months and you will not be disappointed.

The accuracy will go up. Through the years and at different times, I have had brand-new watches that started at +15 secs a day and then after a couple of months of wearing, came down to smack on 0 sec. I carried on each of them through the a couple of weeks more (need to rotate my other watches) to eliminate any factor of a fluke and no, it just remained for weeks at 0 secs. Speaking from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by chansk
    Based on my experience in automatic watches, it will take a while for the mechanism to run-in and get bedded. Just keep wearing them for a couple of months and you will not be disappointed.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Craftsman

PRGH and Marvin,

Re Lume.

Lume is as good or better than some mil spec tritium dials. Eyes need to adjust in the dark.
    Bright sun or a lamp will give better results than wearing under the shirt. After al,l lume doesnt self illuminate. It needs to be exited by light first.

Photographs will tend to look better
    Kind of know how lume works, but thanks anyway. Still feel its not as bright as it could have been. Doesn't detract from the watch though.

I am now the new owner of 039 :D
    Great watch and it is a keeper as it was one of my 50th presents!

Great watch!

Andy

Banned
    Blog Entries

Updated.

Journeyman

84 has just arrived :D