closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STOWA

Master

Re: STOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham
    i really want one of these MO but just want to try one on. Like said before people either bond with it or not.
    Well if you are around London, you can try mine sometime.

Well my colleague's Stowa has arrived from Germany, only slightly delayed, and it's a beauty. A Marine Original, black face, manual wind with brown leather. Very kindly he thrust it into my arms and rushed into a meeting, before he's even worn it! I feel privileged.

The quality is superb, as is the finishing on the internals. I limited myself to giving it a couple of winds and setting the time for him, the winding was very positive and solid. Even at 44mm (I think) it's not too big, although I only placed it next to my Sub, it not being right to be the first person to wear another man's new watch!

Here are a few quick snaps for your enjoyment and Alan's - he's over the moon!

David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Blog Entries

It is 41mm, and they are nice 8)

Thanks for the size confirmation.
    Yes they are very nice indeed.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

THey have very nice models for that price. The Unitas central second flieger was a very affordable one.

Craftsman

I'm another one of those lucky enough to get a FO LE.

I've had the Seatime (a bit too heavy for me at the time), a Flieger Auto (very nice, especially the finishing on the COSC movement, but then the FO came in...), and finally the FO LE.

They are great watches for the money, and IMHO would still be at double the price. The FO is simply beautiful, with a wonderfully finished movement, and beautiful casework. I like the size of that case, but as has already been mentioned, the FO are few and far between.

I would happily get another Seatime (probably try the ProDiver) in the future. I think they're great watches

I do like Stowa and will be getting one sometime, once I decide which one to get. The only thing Stowa I have just now is a deployant clasp on another brand watch and it's well worth the money.

Very pleased with mine, well actually love it.

Ooooh!

That black dialled MO looks GREAT with the brown croc. Must look in to that some time.

I've got a Marine Original LEII and that elusive Flieger Original 8)

Stowa make a fantastic watch for the money, with great customer service and a very good level of finishing. It was Stowa that sold me on the concept that you can get just as much pleasure out of a <£1k watch than an expensive big name watch.

Wait times for some of their watches can be far longer than advertised. I guess they're a victim of their own success, and the wait times mean that they're not one for those seeking instant gratification. Just bear that in mind and don't get your knickers in a twist if its a month or two late.

Hell...I waited 18 months for my Flieger Original....

Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk
    Very nice to bracelet. Havent seen many Marine with one.
    Thanks! Its from my Seiko SKX007 :wink:

Fully agree on what great value for money they are and also the nice people who work there.

Met some of them at Basel last year (they weren't in the main halls but in a temporary shop on the High St....only a matter of time though imo!)

From this meet I also realised I wasn't saying it right. It's 'Sh-tover' and not 'Sh-tower'.

Master

I have an Antea Creme that has just been serviced and had a new crown fitted by stowa,and delivered back via fedex,for 64 euros!
    It's a fantastic high quality value for money brand with a premium and very personalised customer service;I recommend Stowa very highly.
    Now to start saving up for that Prodiver...........

How long have you waited for a Stowa?

I am planning to get 390 Antea Day-Date for summer and graduation. :D

Apprentice
    I also have enjoyed several Stowa's.
    Am down to 2 at the moment.
    A Flieger SE and an incoming Prodiver with White Dial.
    Am thinking i'd liek to add a Seatime if i can find one with the blue dial.

Wonderful Watches for the $.