closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Senna film

Master

Senna film

Why are you reading this, go on go and watch it! I'm sure the WISWAGs won't mind

Re: Senna film

Really want to see this but no cinemas within an hour of me are showing it and I am away from the UK for two weeks tomorrow. I think I'll have to wait for the DVD. Fortunately docu-films like this are usually quick to reach DVD after their cinema run.

Planning a solo trip into Manchester to watch it this week.

Neither my wife nor any of my friends are interested in this and I'm not sure I fancy the flicks on my lonesome... :(

Just been to see it in Newcastle today.
    http://www.tynesidecinema.co.uk/whats-o ... view/senna

I saw him race at Barcelona 1991 against Mansell,
    And at Donnington in the rain.

It's much better to see this film than read one of the many biographies out there.

Master

I went on my own. I'd say it's probably worth seeing it at the cinema because it gives a great idea of the speed when there carving through Monaco from an on board camera. Good documentary although I wasn't overly happy with the way they painted Alain Prost as a Machiavellian villain without at least mentioning that he was a hugely talented driver in his own right and was one of Senna's pallbearers

You need a bint Jamie! I'll be taking mine to see this next week, lucky girl.
    To be fair she does like F1 so should find this interesting enough.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by minkle
    You need a bint Jamie! I'll be taking mine to see this next week, lucky girl.
    To be fair she does like F1 so should find this interesting enough.
    Who needs a bint when you've got your trusty rag and chloroform!

Too rapey??

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola
    True, not just a bint, any and many!

Too rapey??
    This is why you left Manchester isnt it?

And that story about happening to hear a couple of girls being attacked when you moved to London....

Master

Quote Originally Posted by minkle
    True, not just a bint, any and many!

Too rapey??
    This is why you left Manchester isnt it?

And that story about happening to hear a couple of girls being attacked when you moved to London....
    Shhh! Although it was why I convinced the erstwhile mrs to live by a canal :twisted:

I went on my own. I'd say it's probably worth seeing it at the cinema because it gives a great idea of the speed when there carving through Monaco from an on board camera. Good documentary although I wasn't overly happy with the way they painted Alain Prost as a Machiavellian villain without at least mentioning that he was a hugely talented driver in his own right and was one of Senna's pallbearers
    There was footage of him carrying the coffin in the film.

I went to see it last night, I'm really not an F1 fan but would highly recommend it. We were lucky enough to have the director in attendance - he is a local guy, and did a pretty decent Q&A afterwards.

He said re Prost (who they interviewed for several hours) that it was sad that they never had the chance to meet in their fifties when they had both calmed down and possibly resolved some of their differences.

Master

Yet to see it, but I hear its a cracker.
    I'm a bit confused as to why the much hyped Hollywood production starring Antonio Banderas as Senna never made it to the silver screen though.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak
    I'm a bit confused as to why the much hyped Hollywood production starring Antonio Banderas as Senna never made it to the silver screen though.
    Down to a combination of Senna's family and Ecclestone according to the director.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak
    That's a film I'd avoid like the plague. I'm really not a fan of biopics, especially where it is of someone who's career I followed closely.

really need to get and see this!!

I read a review of this in The Spectator this week. The article was by Deborah Ross (not the easiest film critic to please) and she was very strong in her praise for it. So much so that I showed the wife the review and she is keen to come and see it as well.

I'm off to see it tonight at the Cornerhouse in Manchester, the only place it's being shown around here at the moment. Looking at the Odeon website it seems that most Odeons will be showing it on 21st June for one showing only.

Craftsman

I went to see it in Sheffield ( cineworld ) last night , fantastic film , the best years of formula 1 .

It was an incredible film. I surprised myself how much of the racing I remembered, starting with the Monte Carlo race from 1984 when I was 13. It was really interesting to see the behind the scenes footage, especially the drivers' meetings. I was a little disappointed that there were no contributions from some of his other competitors such as Nigel Mansell, Nelson Piquet and Gerhard Berger. I was also surprised that the 1993 Donington race only merited a 5 second mention since it was one of his greatest drives. Also there wasn't any footage of the time Nigel Mansell took him back to the pits on the back of his car at Silverstone. I would have preferred not to see the aftermath of Martin Donnelly's accident at Estoril. I know he was OK but it was still a horrible incident.

I did find the last 10 minutes uncomfortable to watch, especially with how much they showed of both Roland Ratzenberger's and Ayrton Senna's accidents. I think I was one of the few in the cinema who turned away when they showed the crashes. I knew they would be shown but I'm not one for watching fatal motor racing accidents.It seems like only yesterday and brought a tear to my eye.

Master

Will take meself off to see it this week (missus in austrailia currently :D) can't wait. Dad doesn't do cinema, so hopefully it'll be out on DVD and in his stocking for christmas!

After searching the tinterweb I found that our local cinema was having one showing......at 7pm on Tues. Tickets bought on-line, babysitter booked.........and off we went last night. Collected our tickets from the machine, bought our ice-cream.....very excited, joined the queue.........on presenting our tickets we find out that it's Tuesday 21st !!!!!!

........still X-Men First Class was pretty good.

The director is at the showing in Brighton tomorrow and will be doing Q&A after the show. Couple of friends are going.

I was never much of a fan of Senna, I thought he was just a bit too unhinged to be in F1. Not on the same level as Schumacher but close. Good film though, and when I saw it (courtesy Tag Heuer!) we had the pleasure of Martin Brundle, Sid Watkins, Terry thingie and a few other people getting up and talking. Brundle is just as good talking in front of an audience as he is on TV, it was a really good event which I was rather lucky to be at
    "A man of little significance"

ITV-F1 has a good video interview by the director.
    It explains the film format, and what he was trying to achieve.

http://www.itv.com/formula1/video/2011/ ... adia-8988/

Master

Can't wait to see it, what watch does he wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed
    Can't wait to see it, what watch does he wear?
    For a lot of the time he wears a digital watch of some description. Later on he has a gold watch, possibly a Daytona.

Be good to see this especially with his liks to TAG and more recently Hublot.

Grand Master

Ill be going on the back of this thread
    RIAC