closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is my Dad Weird???

Is my Dad Weird???

My Dad has bought two watches at my recommendation, first an Omega Seamaster, then a Rolex ND Sub. Both of these watches have now been fully serviced and yet even having had a good wind he finds they stop after three days on his wrist. He takes them off to sleep and puts them on in the morning but by 50 - 70 hours the watches have stopped. Is it possible that someone can be that in normal life he doesn't move his wrists enough to keep these autos running? I have worn them with no issue. It is not like he is a retired, couch potato, he is a managing director of a huge company and is always meeting people and walking about. He is also a dive master at at local dive club.

Is this actually possible? I am tempted to lend him my IWC Big Pilot with 7 day power reserve and if that stops then he is officially dead!!

Master

Re: Is my Dad Weird???

Give him a speedy.

Problem solved. 8)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by vikkyrob
    My Dad has bought two watches at my recommendation, first an Omega Seamaster, then a Rolex ND Sub. Both of these watches have now been fully serviced and yet even having had a good wind he finds they stop after three days on his wrist. He takes them off to sleep and puts them on in the morning but by 50 - 70 hours the watches have stopped. Is it possible that someone can be that in normal life he doesn't move his wrists enough to keep these autos running? I have worn them with no issue. It is not like he is a retired, couch potato, he is a managing director of a huge company and is always meeting people and walking about. He is also a dive master at at local dive club.

Is this actually possible? I am tempted to lend him my IWC Big Pilot with 7 day power reserve and if that stops then he is officially dead!!
    He may be weird, but he's also rich by the sound of it, I would treasure the old bugger and stay on his good side.

:? Its very strange.

Sounds like he's dropped out of the...

do do, do do, do do, do do - doooooo...

Twilight Zone

:wink:
    Gray

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

I know it will not be a popular choice, but a simple Seiko 7s will cope with his lack of motion.

Yes it is possible that one arm/wrist does not move enough.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman

Very strange for them to stop whilst being worn. I've heard about it happening to people in old folks homes but not active adults. Get him a watch winder to put them on over night?

Its not un-heard of for people to not move enough to keep a watch wound but in your dads case maybe a bit of weird one.

Doug

Buy him a watch winder to keep them on overnight or suggest Quartz models.

2892's are known for not having the greatest winding efficiency, but the Rolex should be pretty efficient... I sit at a desk all day (and night) and my watches stay wound... it's weird. Why don't you try wearing one for a day and see what happens?

As managing director he will wear a suit, when at meeting with subordinates he will put his left hand in his pocket, for that extra superiority, thus rendering that arm motionless for extended periods. I think. :D

Master

old people don't move much, and old movements don't wind well, for a Rolex you have to Zumba to get it to work :D :shock:

:idea: buy a Panerai Pam 00090 :wink: then he can see what powers left.

Master

By him a Seamaster Quartz - problem solved mate..

Master

Advise him to fire his PA and do his own typing. Problem solved :wink:

I suggest you send your father a link to redtube.com - that should solve the problem.

Does he wear them loose on his wrist? I do and have had a similar problem with an auto?

I like the watch winder idea but I think he will need a more diligent PA who can remind him to move!! I will also try my iWC BP 5004 on him.

Cheers

Rob