closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Porky pies from Royal Mail

Porky pies from Royal Mail

At 08.34 this morning I know for a fact we were both here :(
    Strange thing is there has not even been a red card.... :?

Detailed Results:

Attempted Delivery Abroad, June 14, 2011, 8:34 am, GREAT BRITAIN
    At Foreign Delivery Unit, June 14, 2011, 2:43 am, GREAT BRITAIN
    Out of Foreign Customs, June 13, 2011, 5:29 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
    Into Foreign Customs, June 09, 2011, 5:41 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
    Into Foreign Customs, June 09, 2011, 5:40 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
    Arrived Abroad, June 09, 2011, 5:35 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
    International Dispatch, June 07, 2011, 10:47 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
    Arrival
    Processed through Sort Facility, June 06, 2011, 5:38 pm, FLUSHING, NY 11351
    Acceptance, June 06, 2011, 3:58 pm, GLEN OAKS, NY 11004
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 06, 2011
    Cheers..
    Jase

Re: Porky pies from Royal Mail

The only thing that surprises me is that the postie expects you to believe he was there at 8.30. I've never seen a postman round my way much before 11.00!!

Master

Jase,

Are you expecting to pay duty on it? Sometimes it says Attempted Delivery when they hold it awaiting charges, sometimes it does actually state Held, awaiting payment etc.

Stef

Quote Originally Posted by andymonkey
    The only thing that surprises me is that the postie expects you to believe he was there at 8.30. I've never seen a postman round my way much before 11.00!!
    Thats true, I know my postie quite well and hes usually not round until late morning, so Im guessing it was by either a sub contracted courier or a RM man in a van, or just made up, its a watch obviously, but Im surprised if its in a big package..... The info above is from the USPS website, I cant get the RM one to recognise the tracking number!!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Tapp
    Jase,

Are you expecting to pay duty on it? Sometimes it says Attempted Delivery when they hold it awaiting charges, sometimes it does actually state Held, awaiting payment etc.

Stef
    Maybe, it went through customs so its possible, but no one has contacted me for any duties etc...
    Cheers..
    Jase

Dude...The time your postie comes around depends on where your place fits in his/her preplanned schedule; i.e. always around the same time every day. Somebody does get their post around 8:30.

@OP: The same thing happened to me two months ago - as Stef said, they held it till I paid the taxes :evil: .

That sucks,Jase.

Jase,

Stef
    That has happened to me before, then received a bill in the next day or two for the duty.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM
    Thats true, I know my postie quite well and hes usually not round until late morning, so Im guessing it was by either a sub contracted courier or a RM man in a van, or just made up, its a watch obviously, but Im surprised if its in a big package..... The info above is from the USPS website, I cant get the RM one to recognise the tracking number!!
    I think the Royal Mail tracking only kicks in once they have tried delivery and it has failed, which isn't useful really.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Master

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM
    Jase,

Stef
    Maybe, it went through customs so its possible, but no one has contacted me for any duties etc...
    It can be anything up to a week before the charges to pay letter turns up. If you know the location of your local Parcelforce depot try and ring them with the tracking number and enquire if it's there (most of the time it goes to Parcelforce and not your normal Royal Mail delivery office).

Stef

P.S Try the tracking number on the Parcelforce website as well.

Cheers Stef, will do...
    Cheers..
    Jase

[quote=MurrayMint][quote="JasonM}
    I think the Royal Mail tracking only kicks in once they have tried delivery and it has failed, which isn't useful really.[/quote]

They definately lie!
    I was expecting a RMSD - you know, guaranteed delivery before 1pm or your money back. Just before 1pm it showed on the RM tracking system as having been delivered. Since I was looking at the system from home I was pretty sure it hadn't been. :lol:
    It eventually turned up at 2:30pm with the postie, at her usual time. Obviously if the system shows it delivered before the "guaranteed" time, the sender can't claim his money back. I signed for it and put the delivery time at 14:30 on the receipt document. Unsurprisingly, after several weeks the on-line system still shows delivery before 1 pm.
    This has happened to me at least once before.
    Yes, they definately lie.

Also, I have numerous RMRD slips here for items that I know have been delivered weeks ago, but the system still doesn't show any delivery info. Not a great deal of use.

Dave

I don't think I've ever received a whilst you were out card from my postie since I moved to London. I just have to assume they attempted to deliver and head to the depot (luckily it's only a 5 minute walk away!)

Instead of pork pies you need http://www.banburycakes.co.uk/

Cheers

Peter

Master

The method of delivery for special delivery is also determined by the size and weight of the package. If it is above a certain size they will send it out in a van full of other "larger" special deliveries. That way your normal postie isn't weighed down and trying to juggle delicate / expensive items that won't fit in his bag.

Very strange that no card was left

Paul