closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Goodwood FOS

Goodwood FOS

Only 2 weeks until Goodwood FOS, what will you be on your wrist.

My trusty Omega Speedmaster for me this year.

Spent some time in the Bremont tent last year, anyone know if there will be any other WIS must visits whilst there?

p.s. I know I haven't posted a lot since registering, please don't take offence.
    I tend to read a lot, occupational hazzard.
    As an example I have been a member of a very busy classic car forum elsewhere on the net since 2001 (10 years) and still haven't topped 1000 posts there.

Re: Goodwood FOS

Not sure if "must sees" but main sponsors are here http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-of-s ... rship.aspx

Orient if by car, Seiko by bike...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox
    Not sure if "must sees" but main sponsors are here http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-of-s ... rship.aspx

Orient if by car, Seiko by bike...
    I really shouldn't have seen that the launch of the new Monza is at FOS this year! Sooo tempting!

I haven't decided on what I'll wear yet but I Goodwood is not good for me and watches. Twice on the run now, I've dunked my watch against something whilst there whilst trying to get pics! :lol:

How can you plan that far ahead!?

No idea yet but i'll be there on the Sunday 8)

Master

not going this year, managed to double book with a short break to Brugge & Amsterdam, so having three days at the revival to make up.

Master

Not sure if I'll go this year, never seems to be much different and have been for the past few years. Also got a stag do on the Saturday BUT if I do go, then possibly the Speedy shall be on my wrist :)

Quote Originally Posted by minkle

I'm very monogamous with my watches, well at least until I find another that takes my fancy.

The Speedmaster hasn't left my wrist since I picked it up in April.

But, if I get my hands on a Tudor 79090, my current OCD, then the Speedmaster will be dispatched to the watch drawer with the other 20 or so previous loves.

Although I also have a hankering for a nice vintage Heuer of some sort, which may prove easier to satisfy than the 79090.

Quote Originally Posted by minkle

I've only got 2 watches so easy for me

I'm going on Friday, expect it will be an Autavia.
    "A man of little significance"

Friday and Saturday...tickets arrived yesterday. 8)

Any further south and i would have wet feet

I'd rather go on the Friday but work gets in the way,so i'll be there on the Sunday......and i've managed to free up a day for the Revival as well :)

Craftsman

Goodwood FOS

do you need to buy tickets now or can you buy them on the day as the weather is so :/ ?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by paulyg
    do you need to buy tickets now or can you buy them on the day as the weather is so :/ ?
    I'm pretty sure you need tickets in advance. Worth it whatever the weather though... man up :D

I'll (hopefully) be moving house, but hoping to wear my vintage Rolex Oysterdate to Revival in September.

Craftsman

Goodwood FOS

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyg
    I'm pretty sure you need tickets in advance. Worth it whatever the weather though... man up :D
    :lol: I've never been despite is being just round the corner! I might get some bought up tonight.... Saturday or Sunday best?!

Journeyman

Goodwood FOS

I'll be there on the Sunday (as usual)... and might wear the Bremont Supermarine LE Descent that I bought there last year (the FIRST one sold by Bremont worldwide!)

Quote Originally Posted by MPH2OSkier
    I'll be there on the Sunday (as usual)... and might wear the Bremont Supermarine LE Descent that I bought there last year (the FIRST one sold by Bremont worldwide!)
    I'm not sure Bremont will be there as a sponsor, since they were ousted as TAG as the official timing partner... :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard
    Quote Originally Posted by MPH2OSkier
    I'm not sure Bremont will be there as a sponsor, since they were ousted as TAG as the official timing partner... :evil:
    No I don't think they will, rather focusing on other events like the Duxford Airshow (I have some WIP tickets to give away by the way) But I did hear they might be doing something for the revival show. From what I hear TAG must have come in with a huge amount of cash beating them to it. Bad luck I say but it happens!

There's a nice selection of Vintage Heuer watches and stopwatches in the Bonhams FOS auction.