closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tonino Lamborghini Spyder

Craftsman

Tonino Lamborghini Spyder

Recently found one of these and just find it "funky" and looks well made, has any one owned one of these? any pro's and con i should be aware of?

and do you think they worth the average sale price of between 800 and 1000 pounds?

Master

Re: Tonino Lamborghini Spyder

I briefly looked into one of these a few months ago but tonino watches seemed VERY cheap on eBay etc so I think it's overpriced tbh.

Also didn't looks so nice in some other pics I saw.

"do you think they worth the average sale price of between 800 and 1000 pounds?"

, , and thrice (only IMHO mind)
    F.T.F.A.

That will be worth 75p in a few weeks time. Nice strap though...

Craftsman

well i didn't think they would be worth that, and i have seen so many varied prices and a few hundred fake's so have not dived into a purchase just yet. :shock:

well i dont think i would buy it in the hope i could sell it, just more a case of value for money!

Craftsman

Tonino Lamborghini Spyder

I have never been able to get on with watches like this. I can't decide which is worse, owning one when you don't drive a lambo, or owning one when you do drive a lambo...

I would say not good vfm - if I had a grand to spend on a brand new watch I would be looking at a longines. Second hand an omega.

You are always going to get more for your money buying second hand regardless of brand. Have a look in the sales corner and see if anything takes your fancy!

Sorry dont care what it cost, whether its good value or not, its, for me , a dog. But hay, I'm an unfasionable old t44t.

Blog Entries

My god this is ugly :shock: :lol:
    And with a cheap Ronda quartz movement inside, certainly not worth more than a few hundred bob.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I've just lost my dinner

Craftsman

well if i had the money i would be buying a Graham Big Silverstone Stowe Racing, but until such time as win the lotto, i will keep dreaming. I should also start cleaning out some stock of impulsive buys to fund something special in the future!

Me personally, I havent had any issues with mine and quite like the weight and quality of mine...

I considered this model when I got mine...(it was a wedding gift)... But i ended up with this model instead

Sorry for the image quality but they are off my phone...

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by mackay45
    I have never been able to get on with watches like this. I can't decide which is worse, owning one when you don't drive a lambo, or owning one when you do drive a lambo...
    You have to have the car. You can't wear that and take a girl back in a Corsa to a council house .....that's just wrong. You can wear an expensive watch and get away with that as a WIS but not something this tacky, without the tacky car to match. IMHO

Craftsman

Well if i could afford a lambo, i dont think i would be looking at watches in that price bracket any way. :cry:

Sorry people, but that's just ghastly and repulsive. It is not even a watch, it is just a Lambo badge for when you're not in the car. If you have the car at all.

I honestly can't decide what's worse, wearing that when you have a Lamborghini ("Look at me! I have a Lamborghini"), wearing that in your Lamborghini ("You don't want to look at my Lamborghini? Here's more Lamborghini for you to look at. Hah! Lamborghini!") or wearing it when you don't have a Lamborghini ("Look at me, I can't afford a Lamborghini!"). Perhaps the only way to wear it with some coolness is when you are driving a Rolls Royce or something like that ("I may be driving a RR but I'm not really that boring, take my silly shouty italian watch as a proof.")

I see a pattern here. Whenever someone decides to make a watch with a motoring theme: it will end in tears. (With a few exceptions.) They'll notice that there are round things on there, and with amazing powers of combination realise that the wheels on the car are also round, so they'll design the round things to look like alloy wheels, or brake discs or something like that. They'll put (fake) bolts on that look like the ones used in racing, use bright-coloured accents on everything, put on some carbon fibre or brushed aluminium... Which is all stuff I used to find very cool, when I was 8 years old.

It's got nothing to do with Lamborghini cars, has it though? It's using the association of the Lamborghini name
    to sell overpriced watches, sunglasses etc.

Lamborghini cars website: http://www.lamborghini.com/

Tonino Lamborghini website: http://www.lamborghini.it/
    ______

​Jim.

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Affliction
    Recently found one of these and just find it "funky" and looks well made, has any one owned one of these? any pro's and con i should be aware of?

and do you think they worth the average sale price of between 800 and 1000 pounds?

Where did you see this A?
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Craftsman

saw it on some random italian website, i have seen them before on ebay. but just dont know much about the brand or the quality. are you looking for 1?

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

saw it on some random italian website, i have seen them before on ebay. but just dont know much about the brand or the quality. are you looking for 1?
    No, I was just interested in the shape. But doubt i would buy one.
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

For some reason it reminds me of a minge.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Craftsman

i think with all these comments my views have changed on this watch, may look cool. but i guess thats all it is.

Blog Entries

Sorry to say this, but it doesn't even look cool.
    It looks like a kids toy, a sort of transformer, ready to change into another ugly shape....... :D

Cheers,

Daddel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks
    Sorry to say this, but it doesn't even look cool.
    It looks like a kids toy, a sort of transformer, ready to change into another ugly shape....... :D
    Well I would not say that it is ugly in itself, as an object it has some merit. As a watch though it's terrible.

If you want to hear some positive comments on it a watch forum is probably a wrong place. Motoring forums might give better results :)

Because I was so busy ranting over it, I overlooked the initial question, if it's appropriately priced at 800 to 1000 pound. No. That's a rip-off.

Craftsman

If i compared it to a Zodiac ZMX 02, would that be a better example of value for money?

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andyb190
    You have to have the car. You can't wear that and take a girl back in a Corsa to a council house .....that's just wrong. You can wear an expensive watch and get away with that as a WIS but not something this tacky, without the tacky car to match. IMHO

+1

I know what you mean, but I'd happily still wear my Porsche Design Chrono if I got rid of the Porsche as I think (at least the old ones) are sufficiently credible as great watches in their own right.

The Lambo thing is just a very basic quality watch with Lamborghini slapped on it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims
    I know what you mean, but I'd happily still wear my Porsche Design Chrono if I got rid of the Porsche as I think (at least the old ones) are sufficiently credible as great watches in their own right.

The Lambo thing is just a very basic quality watch with Lamborghini slapped on it.
    so you have a porsche design watch you wont wear unless you get rid of your porsche? most people wont even take note of the fact. i think it more so applies to driving a porsche with your sunday porsche baseball cap on. :lol:

Eeewww ... !

Blog Entries

I've got an Ebel E-type chrono, wearing it as we speak, don't own the Jag though, only an old tranport bicycle :roll: :lol:

Daddel.

I don't like it and I don't want it.

Leaving that to one side, in no way is that worth 50% of RRP, let alone RRP
    Gray

Hold on a moment, this does not apply to Porsche Design watches - they are not a bit of merchandising by Porsche, the car company, they are just designed by a Porsche (F.A. Porsche), who has been apparently kicked out of the family business (after designing the iconic 911 no less) and set himself up as a designer. Both cars and watches bearing the name are considerably less ostentatious and loud than the Lamborghini ones, so I think it is a wholly different thing. I could never wear that Lamborghini watch, though I would love to drive a Lambo I would not want anyone to see me doing it so I'd be obliged to drive it with a paper bag over my head, but I would have no problem whatsoever with the Porsche stuff.

The watches are sufficiently credible in their own right, yes - and despite there being parallels between the car and the watch, they are understandable having been done by the same man, and the watches are no knock-offs or references but authentic, genuine (and very good) design.

Blog Entries

The designer of that Tonino Lamborghini watch must have been on a hell of a trip whilst designing that exploded fart of a watch :lol:

Daddel.

Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Leaving that to one side, in no way is that worth 50% of RRP, let alone RRP
    I was guessing perhaps 25-30%, if it is made from Titanium perhaps a tad more. They would still have to pay me to have it, not the other way around.

Craftsman

I must agree with all comments. in saying that is a waste of money and something you would find in a lucky packet. So with that said i am now saving my money till i can afford a Oris divers or a Breitling avenger titanium. (this could take some time).

Have a look on sales corner in the meantime.
    There will be some very nice watches out there for affordable money.

Craftsman

Guess i would rather save for a while and buy one nice watch, rather than 5 ugly ones, as was so clearly pointed out! I will be keeping my eye on the sales corner though. Missed a good deal on an Oris the other day :shock: :( but will see what comes up!

I don't think it's as bad as everyone's making out (there are far uglier watches on here imo that seem to attract fanboys)..but I still wouldn't get one. :)

Craftsman

Yea must say i have seen some :pottytrain4:... But after some real thought and some valid comments, this is just more of a money waster than anything else.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663
    It's got nothing to do with Lamborghini cars, has it though? It's using the association of the Lamborghini name
    to sell overpriced watches, sunglasses etc.

Lamborghini cars website: http://www.lamborghini.com/

Tonino Lamborghini website: http://www.lamborghini.it/

IIRC, Tonino Lamborghini is actually Ferruccio's (of car fame) son. Apparantly he has permission to use a modified Lamborghini bull logo and the name for a whole raft of things (from clothing to housewares). Fairly popular in Hong Kong actually (there is a shop on the premises of the Royal Garden Hotel in Mody Road, Kowloon...)

so you have a porsche design watch you wont wear unless you get rid of your porsche?
    That's not what I said at all.

i think it more so applies to driving a porsche with your sunday porsche baseball cap on. :lol:
    Are you on drugs or just a bit of a fool? You're certainly not funny.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

so you have a porsche design watch you wont wear unless you get rid of your porsche?
    That's not what I said at all.

i think it more so applies to driving a porsche with your sunday porsche baseball cap on. :lol:
    Are you on drugs or just a bit of a fool? You're certainly not funny.
    The first part was a question, i was asking if that was what you were trying to say.

As for the second part, I was not taking a dig at you, more so a personal joke. (sorry if you took it personaly)