closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Lost/ stolen register advice

Craftsman

Rolex Lost/ stolen register advice

hello all in the process of buying an Air King so tried to call the Rolex lost /stolen register phone no. now after hearing the recorded message saying about any details will be recorded etc etc I am getting the ringing tone and then a message saying to leave a message press .. a number, to retrieve a message press... another number is this normal or do you normally get to speak to some one, didn't know what I was supposed to do really so I have left it for now and await advice from any one who has used the service......Mark

Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Rolex Lost/ stolen register advice

i have always got to speak to someone.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by xdonolix
    i have always got to speak to someone.
    thanks, thought as much, I'll try again in the morning.....Mark

Is this a kind of Rolex HPI check?

I remember the AD I got my Sub from saying if it got knicked and then someone tried to get it serviced it would be returned to me. But I did not realise we the general public could check out if a watch on offer for sale was lost/stolen.

Do other brands offer the same service?

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader
    Is this a kind of Rolex HPI check?

Do other brands offer the same service?
    APPARENTLY YES! they keep a record of stolen / lost watches reported to them, don't know of any other brands that offer the service. I got the phone number from a website, I assumed it was for public use as it was advertised on there

Master

Can't you just phone Bexley? Never used the lost / stolen service, but they're normally extremely helpful.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Can't you just phone Bexley? Never used the lost / stolen service, but they're normally extremely helpful.
    I beleive it is Bexley that you phone it's just that they have a dedicated number for these checks

Master

Just phone them and ask to be put through.

Master
    Blog Entries

The Rolex lost/stolen register is via 01322 625499. They always answer in my experience, in office hours anyway :wink:

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman
    The Rolex lost/stolen register is via 01322 625499. They always answer in my experience, in office hours anyway :wink:
    that might explain things, I had a differant number to that ,01322 553454, this was a recorded message to begin with saying it was the lost / stolen register etc I'll try the number you have given in the morning or monday .cheers .....Mark

Can anyone tell me why I might be having failed calls when u phone these numbers? Am I missing anything?

I've called them a few times. They take down yours and the watch details and normally call back within 20 mins.

Master
    Blog Entries

I thought they had moves from Bexley to Maidstone?

Craftsman

The new Rolex lost and stolen register number is 01732 752482. I don't think the old one is answered anymore.
    Every Rolex I buy gets checked via this method. I used it today at around 2ish.
    Cheers Mick

Tried to use the rolex lost and stolen regieter to today to check a watch on 01732752482.

Got a recorded message saying that this service is no longer available and if you want to report a rolex stolen you must write in and enclose a police crime report. Also they no longer will add lost watches to the register - even if you have a police lost property report.

I guess they also no longer check watch serial numbers for buyer.

Does anyone know why they have stopped this simply, but effective facility? V annoying.

Thats very disappointing.. I'll ask them as I will be popping into Kings Hill in the next few days.....

Cheers

Matt

Master

Quote Originally Posted by martyb
    Tried to use the rolex lost and stolen regieter to today to check a watch on 01732752482.

Got a recorded message saying that this service is no longer available and if you want to report a rolex stolen you must write in and enclose a police crime report. Also they no longer will add lost watches to the register - even if you have a police lost property report.

I guess they also no longer check watch serial numbers for buyer.

Does anyone know why they have stopped this simply, but effective facility? V annoying.
    Really? That's a great shame.

I just called up Rolex St James and the lady said the service is suspended.

I asked why and she said she thought it was due to staffing issues! What a joke. How much does it cost to employ a person and equip them with a phone and a datebase on a pc.

Also I asked would the service but resuming when they managed to hire someone and she said she was not sure. She thought it was being turned into only a "stolen" rather than "lost and stolen" register and she did not know if you would be able to check it by phone in the future.

Annoying when companies (or charities) as big as Rolex decide to do away with a valued service cause they could be bothered / want to save a few pennies. Now I feel like rioting!

Journeyman

Disgraceful move by Rolex , its opening up a thiefs charter , as everyone I know always checked out any Rolex with their Lost and Stolen register before paying for a watch. Obviously they no longer care about anyone who loses their Rolex, and if stolen a report has to be in writing with a copy of the Police report which would cause massive delays and I bet they will no longer tell the public if a Rolex has been reported stolen, making buying through an AD the only truly safe way.