closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 16600 Seadweller....

Master

Rolex 16600 Seadweller....

Ok I have long wanted to try one of these monsters out but with the crazy prices they are fetching these days I was not sure I would ever get the chance to try one out....

I made my AD an offer today for a second hand SD he has at hand. He would accept 3800 Euros for a 2005 D-serial Seadweller he received in p/x...

These are some facts about the watch:

- It comes with all box/papers/bezel protector etc...
    - It was bought new in 2005
    - It had a movement service, gaskets replaced AND had it's case and bracelet polished in 2009 at this AD (so no original chamfers ) :x
    - It comes with 12 months warranty from AD

I examined the condition and I would say it is around 93%. Some small case marks and normal scratches on clasp and bracelet....

Now my problem is this, if I decide that I do not like the watch's weight or feeling, in your opinion should I be able to recoup my investment or will I lose a lot of money if I sell it in a few weeks :thinking:?

Sincere thanks in advance :) ....

Master

Re: Rolex 16600 Seadweller....

You'll never lose money on this. In fact I'd consider it an investment

Banned

At what is 3360 pounds at the midmarket rates right now its a decent price and i doubt you will have much difficulty recouping that.

Master
    Blog Entries

If you don't buy now the next one will be more expensive and that sounds like a good price for one with B&P, go for it.

Master

I am most likely stating the obvious but how did it feel when you tried it on, you did try it on when you were examining it, I guess all watches feel and look a little different on each individual and of course a matter of taste/opinion but IMO the SD is not a difficult watch to wear and it ain't no monster. :-)

Buy it, wear it, if it's not for you, you will move it on in a flash.

Best of luck with the decision.

i've been doing some 16600 market checking myself and the price stated is certainly something that you can expect to easily earn back on various sales corners..

It really depends how badly the case is polished - there are a few people - me being one, who wouldn't buy a watch that is only 5-6 years old with the sharp edges gone - now these might not be too bad and a correct refurb might bring them back - I'd need to see the watch - but I have seen some very badly over polished watches and they will never look right.

That said - as long as it has only had a light polish the price sounds ok to me and if that's the case it should be worth £3500 all day long. Correctly finished it should be a £3600-£3750 watch imo.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

Thanks for all your replies!No the case is very nice and not overolished in any way.It is just a light brush up of the case at service time that was done to the watch. This was done by inhouse watchmakers at the AD....

My only real concern is if it will feel comfy on my wrist since there are not enough sizing links at 6 o clock for my small wrists.I removed a permanent link on my 14060m but that is my lifetime watch! That and the fact that if I decide to keep this watch I would have to move the subC...thoa prospect terrifies me if I have to be honest since this is my fave watch...

Guess I'll just try the SD out. I have scanned the sales forums and have struggled to find a better priced one ... :)

Sounds like a winner to me.

Master

Thanks for all your replies guys! So SD it is...tomorrow evening I'll go pick it up :mrgreen:

You cannot lose on this one, easily the cheapest Ad sourced watch i've come across in a long time. If you discover later on it's not for you i would be happy to take it off your hands as i'm sure many more on the forum would at this price. Keep us posted with progress & pics please.

Congratulations on the new purchase, great price. This watch is on my list of future buys, wish I had the cash to buy one now as I can only see the prices going one way.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13
    Thanks for all your replies!No the case is very nice and not overolished in any way.It is just a light brush up of the case at service time that was done to the watch. This was done by inhouse watchmakers at the AD....

My only real concern is if it will feel comfy on my wrist since there are not enough sizing links at 6 o clock for my small wrists.I removed a permanent link on my 14060m but that is my lifetime watch! That and the fact that if I decide to keep this watch I would have to move the subC...thoa prospect terrifies me if I have to be honest since this is my fave watch...

Guess I'll just try the SD out. I have scanned the sales forums and have struggled to find a better priced one ... :)
    Definitely sounds like a good price then - no lose situation for you to try it out and move on if it's not right for you.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries

Sound like a bargain price from an AD. You can't lose.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Buy it!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Yes and quick, anyone reading your post in Malta, will beat you to it, if only it was local in UK

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13

Now my problem is this, if I decide that I do not like the watch's weight or feeling, in your opinion should I be able to recoup my investment or will I lose a lot of money if I sell it in a few weeks
    Can't see you losing money on that.

Master

I phoned my AD. I will collect it late this evening after work :D ....

Can't wait :bounce: ....