closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Got a new Ipad in the US..... BUT!!

Got a new Ipad in the US..... BUT!!

I left it on the Heathrow Express yesterday !!!!

So...

after a long flight back from Houston, via Amsterdam, because we flew KLM

Caught the ridiculously over priced Heathrow Express, alighted at Paddington, minus a rucksack, which had in it

1x Ipad 2 (brand new)
    1x Asus Laptop, 2 years old
    1x HTC Desire Z

have contacted lost and found, but they are still logging lost stuff from yesterday on system

the good news is the phone is still ringing! so there is a very very small glimer of hope

anyone get offered a asus laptop or HTC Desire Z very soon, could you let me know, Ipad is brand new, don't think that will be recoverable, but phone and laptop.... maybe

Nick

Re: Got a new Ipad in the US..... BUT!!

Master

my wife has a HTC desire S and it shows her friends on Facebook where she is when she logged in to face book using google maps I think.

Don't suppose you are on facebook and have that app installed do you?? Might help pinpoint where it is approximately

Hope you get everything back

Paul

[s:2ycvfdl8]Did you have 'Find My IPhone' installed?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features...my-iphone.html

At least it might put your mind at rest.[/s:2ycvfdl8]

Sorry, have just re-read OP, so suggestion worthless, unless it's a 3G iPad and the 3g 'bit' is switched on.
    Again, sorry :(

Craftsman

trust in honesty, maybe someone did hand this lot in.... I know I would.

Sorry to hear this. I can only reiterate the comments above re the find my ipad. I would think most people would be wary of even picking up a rucksack left on the Heathrow Express so you never know it may still turn up.

Master

Best of luck. Would be a great shame to lose that laptop and phone.

Sorry to say it wont turn up... the lost and found at every airport is covered by a central number. I lost my keys a year ago on a flight to Milan. No sign of them. Probably just been binned!

Best of luck though!

You must be gutted, I hate losing even the smallest of things... Home insurance cover this?

Ouch! Bad luck - hope they turn up and someone hands them in

Rgds

Gosh Apple are certainly stepping up their sanctions against grey imports !

Is your phone in there too, as you mentioned it is still ringing. I guess it isn't an iPhone, if it was you could use the find my iphone service online.

Craftsman

Argh, really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine I'll be able to help in any way on this but good luck. Do you have insurance? If you have the receipt you should be able to claim.

Is your phone in there too, as you mentioned it is still ringing. I guess it isn't an iPhone, if it was you could use the find my iphone service online.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjg01
    Sorry to hear this. I can only reiterate the comments above re the find my ipad. I would think most people would be wary of even picking up a rucksack left on the Heathrow Express so you never know it may still turn up.
    I got everything back!!!!!

So I called the lost and found, described everything, they put me on hold for a lifetime, then asked if I left any flip-flops in there as well! Said yes, they are black and puma

I honestly had no faith in my fellow man until now!

As mentioned above, I think it was because of a black rucksack on a train to heathrow that might have alerted someone!

Anyway, it has changed my view on heathrow express service, will prob use service again

Have a laugh at the lost and found website at www missingx dot com , there's even a misplaced Aston Martin!!!

Happy with the iPad too :D

Nick

Craftsman

That is a top result Nick, good job 'bomb disposal' weren't called in to give it a gentle nudge! Let me know how you get on with the US sourced Ipad and what differences there are to a UK one when you've got used to it please.

And well done to whoever returned it.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorewatches

So I called the lost and found, described everything, they put me on hold for a lifetime, then asked if I left any flip-flops in there as well! Said yes, they are black and puma

As mentioned above, I think it was because of a black rucksack on a train to heathrow that might have alerted someone!

Anyway, it has changed my view on heathrow express service, will prob use service again

Have a laugh at the lost and found website at www missingx dot com , there's even a misplaced Aston Martin!!!

Nick
    Was about to post how gutted that would be, but fantastic news on getting everything back.

Left my camera in a cab in KL last week and thought it was gone forever, managed to get it back a week later. Great feeling.

Master

That is great news Nick!!!

Paul

Master

Superb result. Better than my experiences. Wife and daughter left coats on train at Paddington and never found. Son left Gameboy (mine on in fact) on a plane and never seen again. I did manage to get a ski fleece back at Stansted in the x ray machine caused by sprinting through to get an almost missed flight. It was lucky the weather was good as I skied in an Adidas sweatshirt all week that time :)

good to hear you got everything back nothing worse than that inital gut wrenching feeling when you realise youve lost something

i too would love to know how you get on with a US ipad in the uk.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp
    good to hear you got everything back nothing worse than that inital gut wrenching feeling when you realise youve lost something

They are no different. All you might find is that you need a US->UK plug adaptor for the PSU and job done.

good news i was expecting you to come empty handed

a numpty who works for me left his bag on the tube with his passport and loads of kit in
    he gets a phone call from kings x railway police saying theyve found his bag

he collects the bag and all is safe apart from 1 thing a 1/4 of dope

so he complained and ended up with a caution for his troubles

I left my iPhone 4 in babies r us. Been ringing for the past 6 weeks and still not found

Wow an excellent result for you

It seems there are still honest people in the world

Good news! My missus once left her purse with £300 in cash in it (which was for her rent) on the bus. She was gutted when she realised. Someone handed this in too and we got it back. It does give you faith...there are loads of scumbags out there but there are some good guys too.

On the flip side - I am working at the moment in a multinational ultra-secure compound with up to top secret material. This place requires you to go through 3 separate checkpoints to get in and you need 'developed vetting' clearance to get access. We have vending machines that are operated by a top-up electronic key system. When he went to get a round of coffees, he accidentally left his entire (personal) key bunch in the vending machine slot, which also had a name tag on. Came back about 10 minutes later and someone had left his keys on the machine, but taken off the electronic key with all of about 5 quids worth of credit on it. Makes you worry about the sort of scumbag that could do this while also working within such a sensitive area! :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by vinstink
    I left my iPhone 4 in babies r us. Been ringing for the past 6 weeks and still not found
    Youve left your number active / unusable by you/ for 6 weeks??!!

Brave....
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM
    Quote Originally Posted by vinstink
    Youve left your number active / unusable by you/ for 6 weeks??!!

Brave....
    I imagine he means ringing the store

Congrats on getting your stuff back! :) You're very lucky as I was certain at least the iPad would go AWOL.

Surprised it wasn't put in the 'controlled explosion' bin!

Result!

Quote Originally Posted by reecie

They are no different. All you might find is that you need a US->UK plug adaptor for the PSU and job done.
    so the app store itunes updates and everything else will work, a friend of ours is going out to NYC for a holiday maybe i'll ask her to bring me back one depending on how the amazon kindle fire fairs up against it

so the app store itunes updates and everything else will work, a friend of ours is going out to NYC for a holiday maybe i'll ask her to bring me back one depending on how the amazon kindle fire fairs up against it
    I bought my iPad 2 in the US. As others have said the only difference is the power adapter. I used a spare Apple UK plug from the Apple rechargeable batteries as a substitute for the US adapter. The warranty is valid here too (I've made use of it).

Master

Quote Originally Posted by reecie

The app store is dependant on what you register you email against not the unit. I actually have two accounts my main UK one and a US one for US based freebies. If you can pick up a US itunes card then you can fund the US one for purchases. You can flip between the app stores from within itunes. I don't use it much as it can be a pain to do at times as you obviously can only be logged into one at once. Updates become the biggest pain. But for instance there was a free BBC news app available in the US ages before the UK version came out. So I used the US one then deleted it and moved to the UK one when it appeared.

Plenty of good honest people in the world. Reminds me of the time 3 years ago my wife and I got off the train at her parents town in Czech Republic and left the bag full if christmas presents on the train. It was late but we knew the final destination of the train in Poland so called the station first thing the next morning, christmas day, to ask if it had been found. Not only did they have it but they offered to send a member of staff on the train to my wife's town, a couple of hours away, with the bag. It all went well and we got the bag back. I gave the young Polish train worker who delivered it the equivalent of £50 tip for his trouble. He was chuffed, my wife reckoned it was at least a weeks wages but why not, amazingly kind and I could not imagine a British railway company doing that.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by needmorewatches

Nick
    Wow - some story lol

When I read your first post I thought no chance you will get that back!!

Misplaced Aston Martin? Must be a footballers!!