closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magrette Regattare Bronze arrived

Re: Magrette Regattare Bronze arrived

This is only the first batch of 500, a total of 1000 will be made so if they run out soon there will be more some time in the near future.

Mine has turned up - popped it onto my Avocado Toshi...

A few pics of mine......

Craftsman

Nice pics guys!

So far, no love for Canada. :cry:

So hard to see everyone elses bronzies. :banghead:

Thanks Gobo - best pics to date. 8)

Great strap Gobo, which one is it?

I concur. Great combo. I really like this watch but the original strap is a mistake, I feel.

Wonderful watch guys!
    I'm a big fan of the whole Magrette range, but this one has stolen my heart...
    I'm just a few clicks away from ordering it.....

The only think that bothers me is the absence of the secondshand, afterall it is the only way to see that your watch is "alive"...
    But on the other hand this disadvantage, adds character....

You can listen to it and hear it's hartbeat ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Wonderful watch guys!
    I'm a big fan of the whole Magrette range, but this one has stolen my heart...
    I'm just a few clicks away from ordering it.....

The only think that bothers me is the absence of the secondshand, afterall it is the only way to see that your watch is "alive"...
    But on the other hand this disadvantage, adds character....

Craftsman

I cancelled my order in the end and am not 100% sure I made the right decision.

Waiting for lots more pictures from other buyers - where are you?

Looks like they are now sold out on the EU Magrette site.

Anyone in the UK received theirs from NZ yet, or even had shipping notification ?

Magrette Regattare Bronze arrived

Quote Originally Posted by darrenw
    Anyone in the UK received theirs from NZ yet, or even had shipping notification ?
    No! :-(

Cheers,
    Adam.

Mine has reached Uk customs as of today

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon
    No! :-(

Cheers,
    Adam.
    +1 Nothing here...

Master

I think mine is currently in customs

I don't mind th delay, it's the complete lack of correspondence since I paid the balance on the 15th that's beginning to grate.

Maybe they're on TZ-UK, just received the following...

Kia ora Darren,

My sincere apologies for the delay. We had a lot more interest in the Regattare Bronze than expected, this has pushed or resource but we are trying our best to get everyone's orders out as soon as possible.*

It is the weekend here, your Magrette will be picked up by courier on Monday. Once it leaves the country it will show your shipment’s progress.

You will be able to track your package through http://www.nzpost.co.nz/trackandtrace or http://www.parcelforce.com
    Tracking no. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your support,

Cheers,

Dion

In a couple of weeks i get the chance or trying this one for a week! Can't wait!

The Dutch Magrette tour? I'm anxiously awaiting my vintage leather Dstrap. Fully custom made will probably be another 4/5 weeks. I find it is not getting much wrist action on the default strap with me.

Quote Originally Posted by zeemeester
    In a couple of weeks i get the chance or trying this one for a week! Can't wait!

The standard strap and buckle combo don't seem to do the watch any favours in the pics I've seen.

I'm planning on trying the blowtorch technique on the steel buckle and as well a the boiled egg technique on the case, in addition to changing the strap, as I like the idea of customising it.

Master

I've seen a few watches that have had the boiled egg treatment, and to be honest, I think they look ridiculous. It'll acquire an aged look naturally in any case, and I can't think of any bronze that you might encounter in real life that comes close to the egged look.

Blog Entries

Heard nothing since paying and quite frankly have lost intrest and thinking of putting in a claim to Paypal if i need to deal with wankers then i will stick to dealing with HMRC :roll:
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad
    Heard nothing since paying and quite frankly have lost intrest and thinking of putting in a claim to Paypal if i need to deal with wankers then i will stick to dealing with HMRC :roll:
    :lol:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne
    The Dutch Magrette tour? I'm anxiously awaiting my vintage leather Dstrap. Fully custom made will probably be another 4/5 weeks. I find it is not getting much wrist action on the default strap with me.

Quote Originally Posted by zeemeester
    Indeed the dutch tour, the Dstraps made for this watch are just amazing!

Blog Entries

[quote=Chris_in_the_UK]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mart broad":q9nkomy7
    :lol:[/quote:q9nkomy7]

Update have lodged a complaint with Paypal i do not need to deal nor pay F'in amatuers :evil:

They've certainly not covered themselves in glory and I was close to cancelling myself. Not only is a lack of correspondence unprofessional, it's also rude. A blanket mail to everyone would have taken no time at all.

As for the egg treatment, it's all reversible with a polish isn't it, as it's only a surface oxide ?

Sounds like a complete amatuer outfit to deal with - shame but good they are outed.

As for putting your watch in a bag with an egg - FFS, which numpty suggested that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Master

Entirely reversible, so no big deal I suppose if it's something you want to try.

As for raising a PP dispute, that seems rather precipitate - have you (mart broad) actually emailed Dion? I have a few times and he's got back within one working day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Entirely reversible, so no big deal I suppose if it's something you want to try.

As for raising a PP dispute, that seems rather precipitate - have you (mart broad) actually emailed Dion? I have a few times and he's got back within one working day.
    No i have not chased this guy around the block there is a thing called a seller and a buyer and the seller does the chasing.

I cannot imagine the conversation in the pub.............Erm, I put my watch in a bag with an egg today.......... FFS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Master

I've no affiliation with them other than the contact I've initiated whilst buying, but as people are receiving their watches, it seems a little petty to raise it formally, and presumably also rather a waste of your time.

I cannot imagine the conversation in the pub.............Erm, I put my watch in a bag with an egg today.......... FFS
    Yeah, but it look great...

This: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/helson ... 78016.html is probably the worst thing I've seen for years. I hope he was crying inside when he posted that banging on about how great it looks.

Blog Entries

I've no affiliation with them other than the contact I've initiated whilst buying, but as people are receiving their watches, it seems a little petty to raise it formally, and presumably also rather a waste of your time.

I cannot imagine the conversation in the pub.............Erm, I put my watch in a bag with an egg today.......... FFS
    Yeah, but it look great...

This: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/helson ... 78016.html is probably the worst thing I've seen for years. I hope he was crying inside when he posted that banging on about how great it looks.
    Yeah right can i send you my Bank details so that that i can recover my outlay? or is that a waste of time?i am pleased that in this economic climate that you have so much money to waste.

Master

Do you genuinely think you're not going to get your watch, or that you'll lose out financially by getting it slightly later than you anticipated?

I have to say that the whole egg sh@te is just awful - why is this being lauded and defended?

FFS :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    I cannot imagine the conversation in the pub.............Erm, I put my watch in a bag with an egg today.......... FFS :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Could be worse, you might be having to explain why you've got a skull and cross bones on your watch, or even a second wee watch on the side :wink: :D

Looks like that Helson would be a bugger to polish out though, the Magrette doesn't have anywhere near as many nooks an crannies if it all goes pete tong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    Could be worse, you might be having to explain why you've got a skull and cross bones on your watch, or even a second wee watch on the side :wink: :D

Looks like that Helson would be a bugger to polish out though, the Magrette doesn't have anywhere near as many nooks an crannies if it all goes pete tong.
    Ha! - difference in your argument Darren is........... the 'skull' and 'wee watch' are there and obvious, can you imaging somebody asking why your watch looks like somebody yakked on it? :lol:

Takes all sorts - not for me but great that others are happy to take the plunge :)

Blog Entries

Do you genuinely think you're not going to get your watch, or that you'll lose out financially by getting it slightly later than you anticipated?
    NO!! but a little customer inter action is not a big deal and as someone who is in the service industry if i ran my business like this

I WOULD NOT BE BUYING A WATCH

PS

After raising a PP dispute i have had a reply from Dion ( but not the Belmonts) so why did i have to go to theese lengths to get a simple answer ?

Master

NO!! but a little customer inter action is not a big deal and as someone who is in the service industry if i ran my business like this

PS

After raising a PP dispute i have had a reply from Dion ( but not the Belmonts) so why did i have to go to theese lengths to get a simple answer ?
    To be honest, I would have emailed them first before raising a dispute - what great lengths did you go to prior to that?

To be honest Chris, people think I've completely lost the plot anyway with what I've spent on watches, so I think they'd be more shocked that my 'chunder special' only cost a few hundred quid :lol:

PS

To be honest, I would have emailed them first before raising a dispute - what great lengths did you go to prior to that?
    Had similar issues with other 'manufacturers' who seem to conduct their business via Blackberry and a cool blog or forum - not an issue in itself, but if you take peoples money then in my book you 'walk the walk'.

Blog Entries

PS

Sorry to carry on but i am the buyer therefore i expect my seller to either keep me up to speed or give me a large discount.

So lets end this now and hopefully the guys in NZ will deliver.

Master

Yes, let's hope it works out ok - you've indicated that you weren't in doubt of that in any case, so your recent inter actions [sic] must be doubly reassuring.

Master

PS

I sent him an email and also got a reply so, tbh, you didn't have to go to these lengths

Craftsman

Well, it sucks to see all these posts of members receiving their Bronzies. :roll:
    I too am waiting,and no replies from a few emails.
    I'm sure Dion is busy and overwhelmed at this time.
    I'm trying to be patient as well, but not replying is getting old real fast. :x

They sure look good, so I guess some patience is a virtue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkfin
    Well, it sucks to see all these posts of members receiving their Bronzies. :roll:
    I too am waiting,and no replies from a few emails.
    I'm sure Dion is busy and overwhelmed at this time.
    I'm trying to be patient as well, but not replying is getting old real fast. :x

They sure look good, so I guess some patience is a virtue.

Why should you be patient or were they patient when you PP'd them your hard earned and said pay us when you feel like it? Do what i did and kick some arse because unlike some forgiving folk on this forum i am not being treated like crap when i have shelled out my hard earned.

BTW any of the guys buying from NZ paid out HMRC on their delivered watches?

Wonder if its a case of 'bloody heck- how am I going to sort all these customers on time' scenario??

I feel sorry for those who are awaiting a nice watch- but do know what its like to be rushing from one thing to another desperately trying to keep customers happy!

Master

were they patient when you PP'd them your hard earned and said pay us when you feel like it?
    They were, actually. I was out of the country when the request for the balance came through and were absolutely fine with holding the order for a couple of weeks so I could make the payment when I returned. :thumbup:

Why did you guys buy from new zealand when they have an EU site ? I recieved my watch two days after making payment.

Same here, quick response from Stephan, fast shipping and the price is transparent with no additional customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo
    Why did you guys buy from new zealand when they have an EU site ? I recieved my watch two days after making payment.