closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchwinder advice

Blog Entries

Watchwinder advice

Recently, the missus treated me to a watchwinder. Not a particularly expensive one - a four watch Rothenschild unit with an additional compartment for a further 6 watches. Now, I know that certain types of movements are not very compatible with watchwinders (kinetic movements, for instance) but, one of the watches that has spent a fair amount of time on the winder over the last few weeks (a Panerai PAM 86) appears to work for perhaps five or six days and then stops. I've tried switching to other winding programs but, to no avail. Has anyone else had any such experience? All other watches that have been on there have been fine.

Re: Watchwinder advice

I've found this site to be useful for finding out what winder configurations ti use: http://www.orbita.net/NEW/Database-Paa-Pas.htm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ian964
    I've found this site to be useful for finding out what winder configurations ti use: http://www.orbita.net/NEW/Database-Paa-Pas.htm
    That's fantastic! Thank you, Ian!

Well I'm sure that you know that Panerai OP III calibre is an uni-directional winding calibre, so that's how you'll have set the winder. I once had a similar experience and the expensive solution was to buy an Orbita, at the advice of the watchmaker. That worked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lencoth
    Well I'm sure that you know that Panerai OP III calibre is an uni-directional winding calibre, so that's how you'll have set the winder. I once had a similar experience and the expensive solution was to buy an Orbita, at the advice of the watchmaker. That worked.
    That makes a lot of sense - thank you :)