closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedie strap

Speedie strap

Hi all,

I've never been too fond of the standard issue Omega bracelet on the vintage Speedie and generally I don't really like metal bracelets - for a number of reasons. I am thinking of putting my '67 Speedie 105.012 on leather and I wondered if any of you had suggestions as to what looks good.

Thanks for any input

Craftsman

Re: Speedie strap

Speedies look real good on Leather NATO or rally strap

I think they look very nice on rallye straps 8)

Di Modell Rallye is perfecto...

Craftsman

I have mine on a Hirsch Professional. I don't have a picture, but try Google. Looks very good.

Craftsman

I have mine on a Hirsch Professional. I don't have a picture, but try Google. Looks very good.

EDIT: Like this:

(not my picture)

Speedie looks good on almost any strap. I prefer alligator.

It seems that the general consensus is for black - does anyone have photos to show what the Speedie looks like on brown - or any other colour for that matter?

Thanks in advance

I wore mine on a brown strap for a while. I prefer black though.

Hirsch Liberty

My current favourite, the Chronissimo

"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Quote Originally Posted by aroma
    It seems that the general consensus is for black - does anyone have photos to show what the Speedie looks like on brown - or any other colour for that matter?

Thanks in advance
    Mine was on brown

But here you go:

Don't look at the gap, it's pretty old strap and has shrunk from numerous strap changes.

Yeh, that's nice - whilst the obvious colour to go with is black (black straps go with black dials) sometimes brown looks quite stunning.

I have put one of my Connies on maroon and it looks great - has anyone done that sort of thing with a Speedie?

Craftsman

I said in the above thread that I'd put my Connie on red leather - well just taken a photo for you:

I'd sort of like to know how this would look on a black dialed Speedie. The obvious colour of strap for a Speedie would be black but other colours can sometimes look stunning and be a real eye catcher. Sometimes though, the strap colour can look really naf and I don't want to get something that looks naf, do I?.

Craftsman

I've just put my 105.003 on a black Hirsch Camelgrain

http://clubwatches.co.uk/?p=1803

I've also tried a DiModell Rallye and a Jumbo on my 105.012. All look equally good on Speedies, it really depends whether you want it lo look dressy, motosporty or piloty if you see what I mean.

Cheers

Ian :)

You'll find the speedy suits a lot of different styles, but you can't beat the dark brown with off-white stitching...

Thanks in advance
    Brown is the way forward :thumbright:

See my thread here

Craftsman

I agree about the bracelet. I currently wear mine on an Omega Rally strap and it works well. I'm also drawn to croc in black and more recently brown. When I get round to it, a deployant will definitely be ordered at the same time.

Just looked at RossC's post - that does look fabulous. Any idea what one of those costs?

Also, I've seen a Sppedie on a DiModell 'Offroad' and that looked good too. Brown does seem to add to the watch.

Just looked at RossC's post - that does look fabulous. Any idea what one of those costs?

Also, I've seen a Sppedie on a DiModell 'Offroad' and that looked good too. Brown does seem to add to the watch.
    £Mega - around £280 for both strap and 94521813 deployant. Omega know how to charge.

I was lucky enough to find mine on SC for a little cheaper. There is a black strap and deployant on SC right now for £170. You could always buy that combo, that way you'll always have the important deployant. From that point on, you could always buy similar deployant straps on eBay. One eBay member has very similar omega compatible deployment straps in an assortment of colours, including one very similar to my brown one, rather than paying genuine prices.

Search eBay for "20mm Omega Deployment".

Horween NATO

Di-Modell Rallye

GGB

I think this shows how good black leather can look - even a Rolex can be improved

Mind you, Rolex bracelets are (or used to be) crap

and I've already got a DiModell on my Chronostop

Cheers

Speedie strap

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds

That's the type of superior strap I've been looking for for my '14.
    I'd be much obliged if you could provide a link for identifying and sourcing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds

That's the type of superior strap I've been looking for for my '14.
    I'd be much obliged if you could provide a link for identifying and sourcing it.

My speedy legend (same case size as the pro but automatic, with date and sapphire top) is on a Hirsch Viscount Alligator strap which looks just the same as this brown one but in black.

Different speedie, but I was impressed with pictures I found on here (can't locate them now) of a mk 4.5 on a waterproof strap.
    Here's my version:

Mine is on a Omega Rally 98000024 with Omega deployment. Not cheap but I absolutely love it!

Master

I agree with some other posters above, the Di-Modell Rallye works amazing on the Speedy - Tony bought my last one and then went with my recommendation of strap too :wink: .

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint

Could you let me know where I could get a strap like that? I like it a lot

Speedy on a black leather strap looks great, never a bad picture of one.
    And

Quote Originally Posted by Tam
    I got it from watchworx.co.uk, it was part of their British Vintage range if I recall correctly. They no longer sell it unfortuately, and I've already sold this one on.

An alternative, albeit a bit pricier, would probably one of Toshi's vintage straps, or a regular fudge coloured one perhaps artificially aged a little if that is possible (or desirable).
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Quote Originally Posted by Tam
    I got it from watchworx.co.uk, it was part of their British Vintage range if I recall correctly. They no longer sell it unfortuately, and I've already sold this one on.

An alternative, albeit a bit pricier, would probably one of Toshi's vintage straps, or a regular fudge coloured one perhaps artificially aged a little if that is possible (or desirable).
    Ah, I've missed out then, I'm tempted to have a look at a Toshi for a "well worn" look. Thanks!

Apprentice

The black rally is very classy looking with the brown not far behind. Would love to see some pics on a black/brown vintage slightly aged strap.

I really love mine on a GGB I picked up from SC...much more wearable (as a casual watch) than on leather. Not very good with a suit (other than a space suit, I guess).

Having picked up a Speedy at the weekend this thread popping back up has given me plenty to think about.

So far I've tried a number of different Natos

Although it's on a navy one today (well, I had a blue shirt on!)

A rally

and I'll try it on a brown croc tonight I think.

I know one thing though, I'm not actually that keen with it on it's original bracelet.

OE Alligator;

Mark