closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ZEX on Jurgen tropic

ZEX on Jurgen tropic

I removed the Jurgen tropic strap from my S-Parts Eigentum Der Fliegertruppen to see how it looks on the Zeno Explorer. I apologize for the crappy lighting, but I think the watch and strap combo look pretty darn good. On my wrist it feels vintage.

Ooh, I haven't tried that combo (and I've got both a black and brown one), looks good!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I can't get this Zeno off me wrist. I had the Breitling on, but it felt snug (have to send away for the extra link today) so I put this Zeno back on.

Let me take this opp'ty to say that as a bonafide large watch lover, all it took was to find the right strap. The watch didn't appeal to me as much on the stock bracelet or on nylon. This "tropic" rubber backed Jurgen, which is off my Eigentum Der Fliegertruppen, (need to get another for that one) is PERFECT for this watch. It has a vintage look and feel to it and a thickness & suppleness which really compliments the watch. The only thing I don't like is that on this type of strap which uses screws so that it can be attached to fixed lug watches, it wobbles a bit due to the large space and I have to tighten the screws every now and then. I would love to find a nice German or English made strap in this overall look/style which just had the normal setup for springbars AND the tropic rubber back. It's really a minor peeve though.

It really is a matter of perspective. Once you wear a smaller watch you get used to it, and since this one has 20mm lugs the watch and strap sort of visually "merge" after awhile.

Thomas Reid
    Looks good. Those thickish plan leather straps really do suit many a watch.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by worlok
    I can't get this Zeno off me wrist.
    Here too. I tried again this week to send the XZX back into the rotation, and failed miserably. The Zegarek Zubrow is back on my wrist as I write this, although I had promised to put the Sinn 656 on. 8)
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Journeyman

Time Machine

The ZEX has such a vintage look, whether it's on the original bracelet OR on this tan leather strap - and it's so charmingly anachronistic. It's one of the few watches on my "absolutely gotta have one" list.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by worlok
    Let me take this opp'ty to say that as a bonafide large watch lover, all it took was to find the right strap. The watch didn't appeal to me as much on the stock bracelet or on nylon. This "tropic" rubber backed Jurgen, which is off my Eigentum Der Fliegertruppen, (need to get another for that one) is PERFECT for this watch. It has a vintage look and feel to it and a thickness & suppleness which really compliments the watch. The only thing I don't like is that on this type of strap which uses screws so that it can be attached to fixed lug watches, it wobbles a bit due to the large space and I have to tighten the screws every now and then. I would love to find a nice German or English made strap in this overall look/style which just had the normal setup for springbars AND the tropic rubber back. It's really a minor peeve though.
    Another quality of Jürgen's straps is that they come in 19mm which fits the 19mm CWCs. The brown flieger on beadblasted steel is cool for sure.

Cheers

Henrik