closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: watch box

watch box

looking for an affordable watch box (AKA cheap) anyone on here bought something like this or recommend a 15+ watch box that will fit the likes of tuna's 6309's etc.

was looking at this one... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Glass-Display-W ... p_office_2 anyone bought one of these?

Cheers

Mark

Re: watch box

Be careful with this one not sure you could put big watch on it

Craftsman

If you want cheap you can nip down to B&Q and buy one of their compartmentalised screw/tool boxes and some pipe lagging. I've seen it done, it works very well and stores loads of watches.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Redd
    If you want cheap you can nip down to B&Q and buy one of their compartmentalised screw/tool boxes and some pipe lagging. I've seen it done, it works very well and stores loads of watches.
    Yep i did one, used a swimming aid instead of pipe insulation , works ok , not the prettiest box in the world but functional and certainly cheap .
    When i exibited it on the Rlt forum I titled the thread as "Poor mans watchbox"

Check Dick Sternum' post on a self made one http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic...h+case&start=0 its brilliant.

I like those! Might try to do something myself using an old cigar box.

I use an old mahogany deep cutlery box bought for a quid at the local bootsale

Look on the bay full of cheap ones that are extremely well made.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by andyclient
    Yep i did one, used a swimming aid instead of pipe insulation , works ok , not the prettiest box in the world but functional and certainly cheap .

Brilliant idea, I love it.

I keep all my watches in a very secure hiding place so I`m not bothered what the storage boxes look like. This is an ideal solution.

Paul

Master

Pipe lagging! I'd been looking for some cheap watch cushions to replace the horrible bendy metal ones that came with my Argos watch boxes. Brilliant idea.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188900&p=1909371&hilit=watchbo x&sid=6c699c6dfe02e6b83901eb4718f9a1c7#p1909371

I'd recommend the company (and indeed that specific box) mentioned in the OP. I ended up buying a couple from him and they're good value for money - v quick and efficient delivery too. His name is Nick.

The slots aren't the widest but not too narrow either.

Let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958
    Quote Originally Posted by andyclient

Brilliant idea, I love it.

I keep all my watches in a very secure hiding place so I`m not bothered what the storage boxes look like. This is an ideal solution.

Paul
    I "helped" my son with his GCSE DT where he was making a watch box last year.
    Here is the box showing it lined with sticky backed felt from Hobbycraft. The last job was the wrap the pipe lagging with the same felt.
    I find the best sized cushion can be made from wrapping a lenth of 15mm internal diameter lagging with some 22mm internal diameter lagging and then sticking the felt over the whole lot.
    The box got him an A grade!!

Peter

you can buy these things everywhere.....look on the bay as well

Quote Originally Posted by markblack
    looking for an affordable watch box (AKA cheap) anyone on here bought something like this or recommend a 15+ watch box that will fit the likes of tuna's 6309's etc.

was looking at this one... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Glass-Display-W ... p_office_2 anyone bought one of these?

Cheers

Mark
    I have a box of the same dimensions (can't remember where I bought it) and only 6 watches fit nicely in it, none of them the size of a 6309.
    I don't think the one in your link will be suitable.

Weren't there recent threads about making boxes out of LIDL tea containers?

Craftsman

Thans for the link. Price is now £31.99 with £7.30 postage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-PU-Leat ... 3126wt_959

That toolbox idea is pretty good!