closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heuer help sought please....

Heuer help sought please....

I'm thinking of dipping my toe in the Heuer water.
    This one has caught my eye in the Austin Kaye window.
    They're asking £995.
    I'd really appreciate any input from the Heuer addicts on the board please.
    I'm wondering whether this is a sensible buy...I'm tempted to hold out and spend a little more on a Carrera.
    I've lifted the photo from their website....if that's not the done thing please let me know and I'll delete it.
    Many thanks in advance.

Re: Heuer help sought please....

In my opinion, it is considerably overpriced and you would be better off spending a bit more for a Carrera or Autavia.

There are far more educated Heuer addicts than me so I would wait for Europa or Bootsy to answer :lol:

Hope it helps

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Mark.
    I'm a big fan of Autavias, but somehow they don't sit nicely on my wrist.
    To be honest this one has tempted me simply because it's a lower pricepoint than a Carrera.
    Can I assume though that a Carrera would be easier to sell on if necessary?
    This one has been in Austin Kaye's window for a good month or so......I think I'm starting to answer my own question...hold out for a Carrera.

Those with more know will be along shortly but my 2p worth.

Manual wind Valjoux 7765 movement. I've seen a few different dials (prefer the white myself) and often referred to as "Made in France" model. Nic at heuerboy had one fairly recently with the same config as the one you have posted for £850.00 from memory (seems to have gone off his website now so assume sold). Likewise one on ebay struggled to sell for £600 BIN and was later reduced to £495.00 before someone eventually bought it which to IMHO reflects that this particular model is not as sought after and you may take a hit if you decided to sell it on.

I personally quite like it and again if the white one came up for sale I'd be quite tempted as they are something away from the usual suspects. At just short of the £1k though I'd be holding off and putting more money to a Carrera or Autavia or waiting for a cheaper one elsewhere. As with any piece be careful if you do scour ebay.................a few of these appeared in the past with wrong hands/ dodgy dials and were far from 100% original.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by TikTokTrev
    Thanks Mark.
    To be honest this one has tempted me simply because it's a lower pricepoint than a Carrera.
    This one has been in Austin Kaye's window for a good month or so......I think I'm starting to answer my own question...hold out for a Carrera.

I would say a Carrera would be easy to move on and they are a cracking watch, heres mine

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by RLE
    Those with more know will be along shortly but my 2p worth.

Manual wind Valjoux 7765 movement. I've seen a few different dials (prefer the white myself) and often referred to as "Made in France" model. Nic at heuerboy had one fairly recently with the same config as the one you have posted for £850.00 from memory (seems to have gone off his website now so assume sold). Likewise one on ebay struggled to sell for £600 BIN and was later reduced to £495.00 before someone eventually bought it which to IMHO reflects that this particular model is not as sought after and you may take a hit if you decided to sell it on.

I personally quite like it and again if the white one came up for sale I'd be quite tempted as they are something away from the usual suspects. At just short of the £1k though I'd be holding off and putting more money to a Carrera or Autavia or waiting for a cheaper one elsewhere. As with any piece be careful if you do scour ebay.................a few of these appeared in the past with wrong hands/ dodgy dials and were far from 100% original.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Thanks for that....I have seen the Made in France dial version....this one has a Swiss dial. I don't know if that helps its value at all?
    I do like the look of this watch.
    I think I'd be tempted to snap one up at £495, but it sounds like at £995 I'd struggle to get back anything like what I paid.

Quote Originally Posted by mixienewland
    Quote Originally Posted by TikTokTrev
    Thanks Mark.

I would say a Carrera would be easy to move on and they are a cracking watch, heres mine

Cheers

Mark

Mark..you've just made me drool over my keyboard!!

Part of the asking price is for the pre sale service, if it gets one, the warranty, assuming it'll have one, and the peace of mind in knowing they'll be there for a while.

That said. It is not a bargain and there are better quality and more interesting Heuers out for that sort of money :wink:

Over to the Heuer boys for more info - or a slap down :blackeye:
    Gray

Thanks Gray....yes I have bought from this shop in the past and have been pleased with the presentation of the watches, guarantee etc.
    You definitely pay a premium price for this though...sort of like buying a second hand car from a franchised dealer

I think its overpriced & i would save up a little more for a Carrera or Autavia

Quote Originally Posted by blackie
    I think its overpriced & i would save up a little more for a Carrera or Autavia

Thanks...seems pretty much unanimous so far.

I also think it makes sense to save for a Carrera :headbang:

If I was spending £1k on a vintage Heuer would I buy this? No

However I've always liked them. The dials are interesting and the movements give good features in terms of constant seconds, minute counter, date

They aren't that sought after and £600 would be more my thinking.

For £1000 it opens your choice (in my opinion) to some nicer vintage Heuers

I'll bet a Camaro would sit nicely on your wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono

If you can find me a Val72 Camaro like the one pictured for £1000 let me know :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono

I suspect it would!!

Banned

TikTokTrev,
    Just to add to the good advice you've had already..
    No, that's not worth £1k, and personally I wouldn't buy from Austin Kaye anyway, they messed me around, lost a hand from my rare early Autavia etc etc (long story).

Spookily enough, (not that I'm punting for business), I have one of these fume dialed 1614's that I've just got back from James a few days ago.. he gave it a mini refurb for me. I intend to sell it, and there's no way I'd ever try to put it up for £1k. £5-600 maybe, as Boosty says.

If you are in the market for £1k or more, you are almost touching on the 'Heuer big guns' - Autavia, Carrera (not mint mind).
    If you do like the fume 1614, let me know :wink:

Carrera looking good mark.

Craftsman

I'd never get one of these if I were you. Provenance on these is (very) hard to tell, since NOS cases and dials sets were available in Germany until last year or so for about 250euro's IIRC.

On top of that, the 7765 movements used (even in real ones) were always unsigned. So near impossible to tell if you fgot a factory Heuer or a parts box special.
    ...but I've always liked the 'Heuer - Champion' sparkplug dials!

And yes, at 1K you can get a nicer/better/real Heuer if you have some patience.

Thanks everyone...today I've learnt I've still got a great deal to learn!
    It sounds like I really should hold on until the right Carrera comes up.
    That being said I think I might take advantage of the 'trying on facilities' in The Strand, and if I fall in love then Stewart...you'll be the first to know!! :wink:

I prefer the aquaracer .....nice one