closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GiffGaff Mobile.....

GiffGaff Mobile.....

A tenner a month for 250 mins, unlimited texts, and internet sounds a good deal and worth considering. Any user experiences here?

Rod

Re: GiffGaff Mobile.....

I've not used them. They are an MVNO for O2 so if you get good O2 signal you'll be OK with them from a signal point of view.

I have it is a second phone really just for internet/email.

Functional but not impressive. So to open the tzuk homepage is 14 seconds. ...i'd call that a good day, often i give up.

My experience is that good signal on the phone does not mean good 3g performance. Best to try it for a week in your location and consumption before committing to them.

As with all these deals, it boils down to whether or not the network works for you.

If you mainly use voice rather than data, it's a good deal IMO. If data's important to you, O2 wouldn't be my first choice, regardless of how cheap the deal is.

I'm currently with 3 mobile which are great for 3G as I tether this to my Ipad2 from my HTC Desire if I'm out and about. Thanks for comments so far, I was looking at GiffGaff for Liz's mobile so she can 'yap' a bit longer :D

Rod

Speed reading this morning and couldn't work out what was going on. I was too busy looking for the "Gadafi Mobile" punchline :?
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    I'm currently with 3 mobile which are great for 3G as I tether this to my Ipad2 from my HTC Desire if I'm out and about.
    You'll be very disappointed going to O2 from Three as far as 3G coverage and speeds are concerned. And you'd have to check if that Giffgaff tariff includes free tethering.

Three have some great sim only deals. Sim 300 gives you 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1GB of data for £15 on a 30 day rolling contract or you can get the same service for £10 per month on a 12 month contract.

Giffgaff are pretty good and a mate of mine has this exact deal and swears by it... saving him £50 A MONTH FROM HIS PREVIOUS DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    Three have some great sim only deals. Sim 300 gives you 300 minutes, 3000 texts and 1GB of data for £15 on a 30 day rolling contract or you can get the same service for £10 per month on a 12 month contract.
    I've got the no-longer-available SIM10 30-day deal. A tenner a month for 100 any network minutes, 2000 3-to-3 minutes, 3000 texts and 2GB data. Love it.