closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mark XI hommages

Apprentice

Mark XI hommages

Hi!

It´s been a while since I have been browsing these pages. I was able to get rid of watch acquiring syndrome for few months when I bougt Seamester Pro. However the symptoms are returning I am thinking I might be able to get a second watch at summer.

I want a simple pilot´s watch. I remember that some member (Crusader perhaps) said he had written a compendium about Mark XI hommages. Is there any chance to get it? In general what good choices do I have? my price range is raher wide: anything between 0-1500 euro. I´m looking for the feel, not some fancy specs.

Thanks

Crusader's your man. great spreadsheet it is too. :)

Try PMing him. Or wait until he gets round to reading this thread, which he will. :wink:
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Apprentice
    I'd also be interestd in learning more about a Mark XI hommage. The Speedbird II is near the top of my list, but I'd love to get the squared-off hour hand of the original. No date window would also be ideal.

I'll watch this thread with much interest.

Paul

Grand Master
    Here I am. :)

I have an Excel-Sheet of many Mark-11-hommages, so anyone want it, please send me an e-mail (no PM), and I'll send out the sheet.

One of the best dials is the 32mm one by Bill Yao (http://www.mkiiwatches.com/) which comes in both dateless and dated.

Also, use search on this Forum for "Mark MCXLVIII" to see pictures of my own project - sorry, I am in a hurry to leave for a medical appointment, and a trip to Sinn ( :D ).
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

If anyone hasn't managed to get Crusader's sheet ... PM me your email addy and I'll send it.

I found it very helpful.

john
    Every watch a story.

Journeyman

Tommi, check Sarpaneva Komentaja

there is a really interesting Finnish pilot watch by Sarpaneva Uhren Fabrik (SUF) called Komentaja (Commander) which is available with an interesting tungsten/wolfram carbide PVD-coating. See http://www.suf.fi.

Terve Tommi. Mukava, että tällä foorumilla on muitakin suomalaisia mukana.

Terveisin, Regards,

Markku

Re: Tommi, check Sarpaneva Komentaja

Quote Originally Posted by Mark VI
    there is a really interesting Finnish pilot watch by Sarpaneva Uhren Fabrik (SUF) called Komentaja (Commander) which is available with an interesting tungsten/wolfram carbide PVD-coating. See http://www.suf.fi.

Terve Tommi. Mukava, että tällä foorumilla on muitakin suomalaisia mukana.

Terveisin, Regards,

Markku
    Interesting looking watch. I wonder how much effect the coating has on hardness?
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Grand Master
    I sent out the data sheets around noon CEST today.

Apologies if the delay has caused consternation, bút I was away from the Computer yesterday due to a long meeting at Sinn on behalf of the WUS Sinn Forum, hence the delay. :)
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Apologies if the delay has caused consternation, bút I was away from the Computer yesterday due to a long meeting at Sinn on behalf of the WUS Sinn Forum, hence the delay. :)
    It seems many seek this sheet. If you are interested I can place it permanently on my webserver and then you can just pass people the url.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pink
    It seems many seek this sheet. If you are interested I can place it permanently on my webserver and then you can just pass people the url.
    Thanks for the offer, Pink ... it is no trouble, really, and I continually update the sheet if new information becomes available, so it is easier for me to mail the sheets out - as long as people send an e-mail and not a PM. :wink:
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")