closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Doxa - tell me about them please

Banned
    Blog Entries

Doxa - tell me about them please

OK, the recent love for these on the forum has got me thinking (which is never good for my bank balance :wink: ). I am a complete Doxa newbie, but would like to learn - in particular, how to source these (new, via their US-based website?) and the pros and cons in terms of reliability, build quality, size on the wrist, delivery times etc. The experience and knowledge of those members in the know would, as ever, be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

S

Master

Re: Doxa - tell me about them please

DOXA????????????

Not a lot of experience - I've handled a lot of them - but seem to be much of a muchness for 70's build with a lot of history - for me they didn't move their game on and I think I'd be buying older rather than anything more recent.

I have been tempted on a number of occasions and about to buy and then something else has come on the horizon and I've folded and gone for that instead - I still love seeing them on the rare occasion though - nice case shape and the colour.
    It's just a matter of time...

Vintage late 60's up through the late 70's are nice pieces....well done and a lot of fun.

The "new Doxa"?....well, let's just say I recommend some forum topic searches.

Go vintage, here are mine;

Vintage all the way, baby! :)

Peter Millar's site is a good starting point http://www.doxa300t.com/

I can only agree with the Vintage Boys - although I am told spares are hard to find for these.

I enquired about a deal (20% off a 4000T iirc) they had on 'online' and was told that the deal was for the US market only. They then offered me 10% off as a gesture of goodwill!?

Add to this the VAT (as they're shipped from Switzerland) and you're looking at a pricey piece, which is a shame, as I still think they're great looking watches.

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler
    DOXA????????????
    I agree.

Mate, you need to do a lot of searching and, ideally, handle some of the examples to understand it all.

In summary, modern is good, vintage is better, the Professional 300T and Seahunter 300T re-issues best of all 8) 8) 8)

Gray

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by demer03
    Vintage late 60's up through the late 70's are nice pieces....well done and a lot of fun.

The "new Doxa"?....well, let's just say I recommend some forum topic searches.

Go vintage, here are mine;

Right, go vintage!
    Very cool and rare, a Vintage Dive Grail.
    Here is my late 750 Sharkhunter

@demer03 & GraniteQuarry:

I like the Aqualung signed 300T's.

Cheers!

Interesting brand and like most if not all the re-editions, I too would favour the vintage. As a vintage Heuer collector I see similarities especially to the automatic Autavia (case that is) and found this interesting site http://www.doxa300t.com/
    regards
    Paul
    http://www.heuerworld.com

Craftsman

Hi and thank you, we appreciate your, and every genuine DOXA fanboy's opinion,

In fact nobody is disappointed, except for a few trolls and some timewasters, people who are complaining about the slow reveal and about a + or - sign are not DOXA customers and they are here, either with their own agendas, or just to waste your precious time, DOXA customers and those who are genuinely interested in DOXA watches have posted their opinions, likes and dislikes without the rant, which we totally respect. It is a pity though to see this keeps happening every time DOXA releases a new model. This time we will track everyone down who is coming just to bash and hope they are doing somebody else a favor.

Yours truly,

T-BAG

Ahem yes, the rather odd threat from the 40 year old virgin :lol:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Funny, I do remember reading about that.

Man, don't get me started on that ass....

Craftsman

I had a 5000T and I found it to be a very well made watch with some really nice details, had no issues at all, the rumours about chinese cases may or may not be true, but they are well made. The main downside buying new, they are expensive when you add import duties, problem buying used is that the warranty is non transferable and Doxa will charge an absolute fortune for any work to the watch. There was a thread on WUS about a guy who ordered 2 screws for the bracelet and was charged $69 + $29 shipping for something that weighed only a few grams!

Lovely look watch though.

Craftsman

Were there not a lot of complaints about level of service from Doxa over delivery times recently? Stunning watches mind :)

Quote Originally Posted by roadkingrider
    Hi and thank you, we appreciate your, and every genuine DOXA fanboy's opinion,

In fact nobody is disappointed, except for a few trolls and some timewasters, people who are complaining about the slow reveal and about a + or - sign are not DOXA customers and they are here, either with their own agendas, or just to waste your precious time, DOXA customers and those who are genuinely interested in DOXA watches have posted their opinions, likes and dislikes without the rant, which we totally respect. It is a pity though to see this keeps happening every time DOXA releases a new model. This time we will track everyone down who is coming just to bash and hope they are doing somebody else a favor.

Yours truly,

T-BAG
    :lol:

That tool single handedly convinced me that I should never, ever buy a modern DOXA. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=147393&hilit=+Doxa

The vintage ones do appeal but I'm not sure I'd want to take them swimming.

+1 on that

I found/find the whole DOXA debacle nauseating and I would never buy a modern one, but that being said, the GQ DOXA on page one looks fantastic!

Good thread this - I've seen a couple of Doxa's that quite appealed but haven't pulled the trigger. One reason is that I was unsure of modern Doxa's but it seems for the price they're OK, the second is that I've found a supplier in Europe but they're in Romania and via ebay and that frankly is the biggest stopper right now...

Anyone know of a UK supplier for them - I haven't found one yet...

DC

The sub series is sold on line only. That line was brought back, and marketed differently than their other business for Eastern markets.

It's sad, but the Walca scandal bothered me....not enough to stop. Tbag, though, convinced me never to spend another dime with them.