closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay - 2 watch listings, same photo, unpleasant seller!

Ebay - 2 watch listings, same photo, unpleasant seller!

So here's the thing - I'm doing my usual 'used diver' search on the 'bay and come across two listings of an identical watch, posted by the same seller, but with the same photo on each listing.

Now I've seen this many times before, and don't honestly know ebay's policy about whether each item for sale should have it's own photo, irrespective of how similar the items are for sale.

This particular time I decide to send a message to the seller and enquire about why they've done this, as it was maybe a watch I would have bid on and I'd like to know which photo goes with which watch.

The seller sends back a message that says simply 'BECAUSE I HAVE TWO OF THEM FOR SALE'.

Well this does not seem like the kind of reply from a real people person so I send them back another message reiterating my concern that in the fairness of an open and honest item description it would be better to post a photo of both items, irrespective of how similar they are.

The next message is even blunter than the first and says - 'They have both never been used,identical and i dont lie,please do not contact me again as you have been barred.'

Now I can take a joke just like the next guy but this seems a little crass so I reply back -

'I didn't say that you were lying, simply that you need to take a different photo of each watch, to accurately present the item. Why is that difficult? And incidently, why would you barr me for pointing this out? It is simply a common courtesy when presenting your auction item.Don't worry I won't be bidding on your watches, simply because you seem to be an extremely unpleasant person.'

I have yet to get their response, but I'm still wondering if you are obliged to submit a different photo for each item listed, even if they look the same...

Re: Ebay - 2 watch listings, same photo, unpleasant seller!

What's the link to the auction? I'm sure a few of us could ask the same question...
    "A man of little significance"

:twisted:

Sounds like an incredible tool and not someone that any reasonable person would want to deal with.

linky please
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Just move along, there will be plenty more for sale from better sellers. Seems incredible how just asking for pictures can provoke such a reaction from someone but it isn't that unusual, even here. Clearly not someone you would have anything to do with on eBay or anywhere else for that matter.

Journeyman

I suppose he's not technically doing anything wrong. There's no rules saying that the photo has to be of the actual item, after all , most dealers just have a stock photo.

I've been tempted a few times when I've seen listing like this to bid on both, to see if they really do have two of them....

I had heard that some years ago there was auction for a Rolex gold Day-Date with gold president bracelet, with a photo of it duly posted, that eventually went for about $11,500.

A week later the winner got a package with - just the photo of the watch...

As for a link to the auctions I'm not sure that would be fair but for those who wish to take the trouble to look they are both Rados.