closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 16234 Value

Rolex 16234 Value

I've just done a swap with my father for my 16610 Sub for his 16234 Datejust. There is logic to this. I was getting a bit bored of the Sub, had for 7 years from new and fancy a change however I'm loathe to part with it. So have done a deal where my old man wears the Sub and I get his Datejust to sell and buy something I fancy.

Thing is I don't know how to value the Datejust as there seem to be so many variants.

It's UK supplied with box and papers, 36mm, dark blue dial with index markers, white metal fluted bezel and steel oyster bracelet, think it's a 2005. There was a spare link which is now missing but may reappear.

Roughly what should I expect for it in a private sale and what would be a sensible p/x value?

Many thanks in advance. Paul

Re: Rolex 16234 Value

The sub was probably worth around twice as much as the DJ and will continue to go up in value quicker.
    It's just a matter of time...

Re: Rolex 16234 Value

Apologies if I didn't make it clear, I'm aware of the value difference. I have convinced my old man to do as the Patek ad, ie look after the Sub so that he can pass it on to me, albeit in a reverse, twisted way! I told him that his Datejust was not a great investment so we've agreed to sell it with the intention of maybe buying another Rolex sports watch or perhaps something completely different. Would just like to know what the DJ is worth.