closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Replacement strap for fold-over clasp

Replacement strap for fold-over clasp

I'm having a bit of trouble finding replacement straps for a fold-over type deployant i.e. one that requires a short buckle end and a regular toungue end. If if attach a regular deployant strap e.g. 120mm/80mm the clasp sits too far round - these seem to be designed for a butterfly type deployant. The current strap has a short end that is approx 55mm. I'm looking for someone who has a decent selection in this size. (Otherwise I'll have to pay for an OEM)

Craftsman

Re: Replacement strap for fold-over clasp

I've been searching for one of these for the last couple of weeks and, although places like Watchboys offer different lengths of strap (short, medium, long), no one I've found does a short buckle side and normal length holed side.

I can't even find IWC branded straps anywhere on line. Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks
    Pete

Pretty sure Cousins UK have them, under the Omega category.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei
    Pretty sure Cousins UK have them, under the Omega category.

Paul
    I think they're still a bit long on the buckle side as the Omega clasp works slightly differently to the JLC one I'm after for my Master Moon.

I also need curved ends, so it makes the search even harder.

Nearest I've found is on Watchstyle where their "short" size is 65mm and 105mm. Although I think these are really designed for butterfly clasps, this would only move the buckle slightly. However, the aligator straps aren't really much cheaper than the OEM ones.

Journeyman

I have just received two custom straps from Banda to fit my Anonimo fold over clasp.

I was able to specify the length of both the long and short sides, as well as the width, taper and stitch colour. I’m very happy with the straps, and they took just over two weeks from order to delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by 996
    I have just received two custom straps from Banda to fit my Anonimo fold over clasp.

I was able to specify the length of both the long and short sides, as well as the width, taper and stitch colour. I’m very happy with the straps, and they took just over two weeks from order to delivery.

Were you charged any duty?

Which model did you go for and do you have any pics?

Journeyman

Hi robcat,
    No duty. I bought a Brown with Orange stitch and a Black with Gold stitch for my Anonimo. I specified the length of the short side to better locate the clasp on my wrist, I also specified the length of the long side so that the tail just went through the fixed keeper, and I don’t use the floating keeper, It was a bit of a nervous wait for the straps, thinking I may have got the lengths wrong. I also asked for small pin holes in the long end (as opposed to the standard slots) to suit the Anonimo deployant clasp.
    I can’t remember which of Banda’s straps form the basis of mine, but my straps are a slightly modified version of the 4mm thick Panerai style straps.
    Let me know if you need any more info, and I’ll check back through my Banda emails.

Apologies for the poor photo.

Quote Originally Posted by 996
    Hi robcat,
    No duty. I bought a Brown with Orange stitch and a Black with Gold stitch for my Anonimo. I specified the length of the short side to better locate the clasp on my wrist, I also specified the length of the long side so that the tail just went through the fixed keeper, and I don’t use the floating keeper, It was a bit of a nervous wait for the straps, thinking I may have got the lengths wrong. I also asked for small pin holes in the long end (as opposed to the standard slots) to suit the Anonimo deployant clasp.
    I can’t remember which of Banda’s straps form the basis of mine, but my straps are a slightly modified version of the 4mm thick Panerai style straps.
    Let me know if you need any more info, and I’ll check back through my Banda emails.
    Thanks for the info - they seem to have done a great job there. I'll look on their website (it seems to be down today). I'm going to need a thinner design as it's for my JLC Master Moon.

I'm like you, I don't like the tail end to be too long, but it's the short end that is the real problem with a folding clasp - I need it to be about 50-55mm for the clasp to be in the right place.

Journeyman

Thanks.
    Don't be shy about emailing Banda, the guy at the other end, Frankie, is very easy to work with.