timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paris disneyland rocks

Paris disneyland rocks

As usual
    More info an tips when i get back

Journeyman

Re: Paris disneyland rocks

Im going in between Christmas and the New Year-staying in the Disneyland hotel next to the park gates-cant wait!

Already Christmas here

Craftsman

Are you working for Air France ?

The price of the food left a bad taste in my mouth. Other than that, all good.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by marselluswallace
    Im going in between Christmas and the New Year-staying in the Disneyland hotel next to the park gates-cant wait!

great when we were there, 5 years ago. tip drink the champagne £22.50, a pint of carp larger was £7.50 gbp god knows what it is now. :shock:

enjoy

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysquare
    Are you working for Air France ?

we went with Air France, breakfast are shite cookie or croissant,

V

Journeyman

Yes the food is expensive.The only way around it is to eat in mc Donald's all the time!

The breakfast is really good in the Disneyland hotel and included in the price so I tend to have a large breakfast and not eat lunch.I don't count the cost when it comes to the evening meal-otherwise it would spoil the holiday.

I have to say that I didnt enjoy the food in eurodisney. especially if you are vegetarian

Master

Do you work for Eurodisney? It's next to one of the most staggeringly beautiful cities on earth, for god's sake.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Do you work for Eurodisney? It's next to one of the most staggeringly beautiful cities on earth, for god's sake.
    Have to agree with you there,Paris is a wonderful city.Unfortunately my 5 year old daughter isn't old enough to prefer its attractions hence the trip to Disneyland!

Craftsman

I Took the family over to eurodisney over the new year into 2010...heavily shafted for food in the restaurant with the fancy carriage outside. 100 euro's for a sodding burger.
    -The place was ram packed, one fella even climbed over my son in his pushchair and nearly stepped on him
    -We sat on the edge of the pavement waiting for the floats to pass only to have a French lady park herself in front of my kids ( a foot under her arse soon moved her)
    -They didn't even put on a special display for midnight new years eve.

I could go on....I hate the place ( over new year) and would rather eat turds than go back.

Much better in the summer and a lot cheaper than in the new year

"Euro Disney"... :lol:

There's only one Disney and it is in Orlando, Florida.

Master

we had the fast pass, basically you just appear near the front of the Que a bit of a bitch you get these stares, long hard stares from kids and dads who have been there for years queuing, and it goes very silent even the excitement of the kids is quashed very unnerving.

don't go on the Aerosmith thingy it's a bit like sex on cocaine over in 2 mins with a a feeling of impending doom.

6.9 a pint euro
    1664 is great beer
    Dress warm
    Shoes tested comfortable must be worn
    Its a two days hike basically
    My boy is 3.5 and so excided
    Use breakfast to make little snacks saving min 200 euro
    Use only light hiking gear
    8-10 pass is bs as most rides open at 10
    If you have daughter that wants signed book etc you are in deep sh
    Avoid weekend like hell
    Take a small backpack from home and fill it in chocolates bisquits snacks and bring it with you saving 200 e
    Thank me later
    Light and warm clothes 3 layers long sleeve tshirt fleece and jacket gloves etc
    More to come

Master

Quote Originally Posted by raptor
    6.9 a pint euro
    1664 is great beer
    Dress warm
    Shoes tested comfortable must be worn
    Its a two days hike basically
    My boy is 3.5 and so excided
    Use breakfast to make little snacks saving min 200 euro
    Use only light hiking gear
    8-10 pass is bs as most rides open at 10
    If you have daughter that wants signed book etc you are in deep sh
    Avoid weekend like hell
    Take a small backpack from home and fill it in chocolates bisquits snacks and bring it with you saving 200 e
    Thank me later
    Light and warm clothes 3 layers long sleeve tshirt fleece and jacket gloves etc
    More to come

i remember the back packs :angry4: a complete nightmare everyone's got one on, there would be so much more room if they did not wear them, got a bit sick of them in the end irresponsible tossers turning round in front of you knocking you over with there F***ing sad back pack

Journeyman

Wow.. Times have changed. I was there in Disneyland about 15 years ago, great memories.

I think its great for the kids. went there for the first time this year in May and will def go back at some point.

Craftsman

Paris disneyland rocks

Was there two weeks ago, I loved it and so did the kids.

It's definitely not 100 euros for a burger lol.

Master

Interesting stuff probably going to take our little one there next year - although we have the benefit of his godfather (my wife's cousin) living nearby. In fact, Thierry took me to a bar there to see Liverpool win the CL final in 2005 just before we got married. He insisted on paying for all my beers all night - must have cost him a fortune :D

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by duffy78
    Was there two weeks ago, I loved it and so did the kids.

It's definitely not 100 euros for a burger lol.
    I've been every year for the last 5 years and have have enjoyed it every year.We usually get the littl'n bathed and asleep in bed and then have room service which even in the Disneyland(which is perhaps the most expensive hotel) has never cost more than 55 euros for 2 for the food(we take our own alcohol and cool it using a basin of ice in the spare bathroom sink)

Euro Disney is sh**e. hate the plus. Crap Nd expensive food, crap rides, full of crap people and a total waste of money. Disney Orlando is sooooo different and waaaay better IMHO having been there six times.

Grand Master

I had a miserable time there, it was the coldest winter on record and we froze solid, that said it was so crap that we booked Florida on our return and had an awesome 3 weeks out there with a 10 day park pass
    RIAC

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by 5freddys

Heathen. The only true Disney is in Anaheim. That's the original, everything else is just a copy...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

If yo love it, and you will, then you have to get yourself over to Orlando. The Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood, Animal Kingdom, Universal, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens...it's just wonderful. Have a brilliant time.

I think this photo nicely sums up my feelings about Euro Disney:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF

Heathen. The only true Disney is in Anaheim. That's the original, everything else is just a copy...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yer jokin', right? I hope so.

Everyone knows that California's "version" is a piddily showing at best.

For all of you that have never been to the REAL Disney in Orlando, make sure you do so. It is truly a magical place and you will not be disappointed.

Blog Entries

Went to Disneyland Paris about 5 years ago. IMO not a patch on Orlando

Much better value going to Orlando and you are guaranteed good weather.

For all of you that have never been to the REAL Disney in Orlando, make sure you do so. It is truly a magical place and you will not be disappointed.
    Probably magical if you are a five year old or get off on Mickey Mouse etc but my boys weren't over impressed all those years ago and it held no interest to me.

I found Universal better all round and a bit more exciting but TBH I would never go back to either of them.

If you are in the area, the KSC across the coast is real and really worth seeing. :)
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C

Probably magical if you are a five year old or get off on Mickey Mouse etc but my boys weren't over impressed all those years ago and it held no interest to me.

I found Universal better all round and a bit more exciting but TBH I would never go back to either of them.

If you are in the area, the KSC across the coast is real and really worth seeing. :)

My wife and I are 40ish and we still find Magic Kingdom just that... magical. My children are 16, 13 and 8 and they absolutely love it as well. Universal is much more suited for the teens/early 20's. We have been 20 or so times though so we may be partial. :)

As for the KSC, I agree that it is a super visit. But... don't get me started on NASA. :lol:

Journeyman

Sorry, the real Disney is in Anaheim. Always has been, always will be. It opened on July 18th, 1955. 1 9 5 5...

Disney World, in Orlando, FL, opened on 1 Oct 1971. EPCOT Center opened in 1982. Not even close.

I've been to Florida as kid, as a part of a young couple and now I go as a Dad. This Summer I took what I think was my 14th trip there.

I'll only stay onsite - this time we did Old Key West at Disney, the Hard Rock at Universal and we did our first cruise on the new and amazing Disney Dream.

If you can't find enough to like in and around Orlando there must be something wrong with you.

Anyway, DLP, we took our first trip there a few years back, tagging it onto the end of a trip to Paris. I had low expectations - I knew what the 'real Disney' was, having visited so many times, but we thought we'd take a look. By and large I was pleasantly surprised with it - being that much newer than much of Orlando's offerings, the Magic Kingdom especially, really showed.

The 'cons' are the people - our European friends are rude, push and smoke a lot. The worst times are for the character meet and greets. In Orlando there is always an orderly queue and you get your photo and/or autograph without an issue. In DLP it's a mass scrum and you have to push and shove your little'uns if you want a snap. Food and drink eye-wateringly expensive too, of course.

However, we'll be there in a little over 3 weeks time - taking in a few days before Christmas with friends, and I'm looking forward to it.

Came back
    Avoid weekends they are brutal literally seeing parents crying from despare
    Thank god we left sunday but saturday was a circus 80+ min waiting time on fast pass etc
    We did everything during the week and were alone in most rides
    Food indeed is bad as my wife is a great cook so...

Sorry, the real Disney is in Anaheim. Always has been, always will be. It opened on July 18th, 1955. 1 9 5 5...

Disney World, in Orlando, FL, opened on 1 Oct 1971. EPCOT Center opened in 1982. Not even close.
    May have been the first, but it's certainly not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow

May have been the first, but it's certainly not the best.

That is my point. There's not even a comparison to make.

Master

I took the family in August. Expected to hate it and ended up loving it.

Prices are high, but we found a not bad deal plus 7% cashback.

My top tips would be:

If you're going at peak times, plan your trip with military precision. Work out which rides have the biggest queues and at what times. This site was very helpful:
    http://www.dlrpmagic.com/

Make good use of the fastpass system, and if you're at one of the Disney hotels, don't forget the Magic Hours. When we were there it was crazy crowded, but with planning we didn't have to wait for long on the vast majority of the rides, and just strolled on many of the most popular ones.

If you can afford it, book the buffet dinner at the Disneyland Hotel - your kids will be overwhelmed with characters coming over to the table and there'll be no need to queue in the park for this.

You can buy cheaper food and sandwiches at the minimart at the train station, although still pricey.

I'll be pleased to try and give more tips to anyone going - just drop me a PM.