closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Merry Christmas.....NOT! Paypal Problems.

Merry Christmas.....NOT! Paypal Problems.

Hi all

Apologies if this is not the appropriote section for this topic, but i need some advice guys.

I just logged onto my Paypal account to check if a paymet i had been expecting had been made. Once i logged on, i was met with a "YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN LIMITED" warning notice.

This means i have no access to any funds in my Paypal balance, i can't send or receive money either! Basically, i can't use Paypal at all!

Paypal required a list of things to "verify my account security". These included asking for exact postage tracking numbers for the last 8 transactions, proof of my address and phone numbers, answering questions about goods i had sold and also providing proof that i owned the items i sold!

Anyway, after trying my best to answer all the questions, i rang Paypal about 20mins ago.
    The operator informed me that my account status had been reviewed and was to remain PERMANENTLY LIMITED and that my account was deemed to be considered HIGH RISK because of personal payments into the account.
    I argued my case staing that i was simply a private collector, and that there was no dodgy dealings going on.

Anyway, the upshot is - my account has been sent to the team to be re-considered. I will have a decision in 24 -48hrs and it will depend on this decision whether or not my account remains PERMANENTLY LOCKED or whether access (to my own account and money) will be restored.

I am really gutted to be honest. It means i have no access at all to funds in my Paypal balance. It also means i can't "accept" the payment i was waiting on either.

It seems there is nothing i can do about it, i guess i will have to wait to find out my fate on what their desicion is.

If it remains limited, then i will have lost a substantial (to me anyway) chunk of my money/watch collection.

Anyone have any advice or anything similar happen to them?

Apologies guys, just really [s:6bggr28v]down[/s:6bggr28v] [s:6bggr28v]annoyed[/s:6bggr28v] [s:6bggr28v]upset[/s:6bggr28v] Pi%"*&%^ Off!!!!!

Can't believe it!! :(

Re: Merry Christmas.....NOT! Paypal Problems.

Have had it happen several times. VERY annoying - especially since I only deal in peanuts these days as opposed to buying expensive watches on a regular basis before.

Follow their asked for procedure in regards to the information they want.

Then wait for a few days (in this case you might have to wait till the new year though) and then contact them.

Tell them, that you have supplied the info they wanted and that you would now like the account re-opened, as you have transactions pending. Be cool, calm and collected.

If they do NOT open the account, then it is time to play hardball and call them and demand to talk to someone in charge.

I have supplied the info they wanted and then called them. Last time, that they closed my account, I called them right away and yelled at them, as we had just been through the circus recently. They re-opened the account within minutes.

Usually, it is just a routine anti-money laundering procedure which unfortunately is an inconvenience for innocent people. Again, I am amazed, that they froze my account, as I only have transactions for minor amounts these days. But most likely just routine.

It might be a good idead to think about how you use the "gift" feature in the future, as they might be cross with just that feature (just a wild guess on my part of course).

Most often it is, as mentioned, just routine freezing of accounts.

Master

they don't like many personal payments or gift's.

i think when it gets over 200 transfers in. :shock:

Thanks for the info/advice WatchScout!
    Yes, i completely agree - if this gets sorted out, i will definetly not be using the GIFT option for payments.
    So what did you say when you yelled at them?
    I didn't think they could effectively stop you accessing your own funds!
    I take it, you did get your account restored in the end?

No problem.
    I supplied all the ID & and other info they wanted ASAP.
    Next time, they blocked the account, I called them and said "Look, you have just for the second time frozen my account. I furnished all info the last time and will not stand for this. Please unfreeze the account NOW!" I think, they could hear, that I thought it no fun at all.
    After I had given them the info, they wanted the first time and also having called them then, I was not in the mood the second time around. Especially since my account is only for peanut amounts.

Yes, as mentioned, they gave me full access to my account within minutes the second time. I put down the phone and got a confirmation mail after only a few minutes.
    I was polite the first time on the phone. The second time, not so much (to put it diplomatically).

I wish, I did not have to use PP, but it is such a convenient way to make payments for me.

paypal are wanXXXs

Good for you WatchScout, i am glad you got it sorted out. I'm hoping i will be able to do the same!

I also agree with you, PP is very good for payments, just annoying (to say the least) when things like this happen!

Thanks very much for the response though, you have given me some hope that i will be able to get access to my account again!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout
    No problem.
    I supplied all the ID & and other info they wanted ASAP.
    Next time, they blocked the account, I called them and said "Look, you have just for the second time frozen my account. I furnished all info the last time and will not stand for this. Please unfreeze the account NOW!" I think, they could hear, that I thought it no fun at all.
    After I had given them the info, they wanted the first time and also having called them then, I was not in the mood the second time around. Especially since my account is only for peanut amounts.

Yes, as mentioned, they gave me full access to my account within minutes the second time. I put down the phone and got a confirmation mail after only a few minutes.
    I was polite the first time on the phone. The second time, not so much (to put it diplomatically).

I wish, I did not have to use PP, but it is such a convenient way to make payments for me.

paypal are wanXXXs
    thats what I like to hear!!

I've had my account 'limited' I believe 4 times now and one of those times took 1 month to sort out..

It's painful and I don't think they treat you as a customer.. end of the day who else are you going to use? be nice if there was choice but paypal is the dominant force in online payments..

Hope you get it sorted soon

It happened to me twice. Well, three times since the first time my account was penetrated and I had it permanently closed. The second time was, I suspect, a money laundering suspicion. I bought an expensive watch here on SC and I had to divide the payment in two (my limit was very low). And the third time I purchased something on ebay on a business trip to Malaysia. They can detect a payment being done from an alien computer in a non standard location.

Master

Paypal is just a glorified online 'e.wallet' to bounce cash around online. Why they make you jump through hoops to use their service I have no idea. It is YOUR MONEY...

I too received an account limited e.mail as my transfers were close to the annual limit of (I think) £1800.
    I sent them a mammoth e.mail telling them that I was a collector of watches and diecast models, and that one single transaction could easily top their imposed limit. Clearly I'd then be labelled as a money launderer...what other reason could I possibly have for sending my own cash via (fee free) gift.
    The customer services rep was useless, sending me two or three generic links to paypal usage guides - then asked me to fill in a questionnaire about how great their service was.

After sending the same e.mail three or four times on consecutive days, a manager finally responded and let me know my limits had been raised.

Craftsman

Yep been here, they said it was because someone had tried to 'hack' the account. I suspect its the 'money laundering' issue tho. After a few phone calls and supply with requested info , it was restored. I'll take onboard the 'gift' issue tho as this is also limiting their profits....

Banned

had the same issue a while ago.. it took nearly 2 weeks, dozens of emails and finally some very angry phone calls to straighten this out. what made me angry wasnt the fact that they blocked it but the really slow resolution time. if i was you i would push them to resolve this straightaway after you submit all the needed documents. good luck and strong nerves pal!

I had it a few years back, they held my cash for a year before allowing me to transfer it out and then shutting the account. I think it was in the region of £3500!!!!

Craftsman

When dealing with PayPal you have to remember their motto:
    At PP we're not happy until you're not happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232
    I had it a few years back, they held my cash for a year before allowing me to transfer it out and then shutting the account. I think it was in the region of £3500!!!!
    I had no idea they wold withhold your own money! I'd be sending solicitors letters if that happened to me. :shock:

Thanks for the messages guys. Glad to say my PP account access has now been fully restored!
    Very scary that they have have total control over your own money though!

Thanks again

Chris

Grand Master

glad you got sorted chris.
    i've said a few times, instead of using "gift" use "personal payment owed" and it seems to bypass these problems.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!