closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: United....lucky

Master

United....lucky

City were the best team and could have won with 10 men. I think united were lucky to get away with it.

Re: United....lucky

as a united fan i can only agree.... a great effort by city...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73
    I am neutral (cobblers fan so very used to losing ) I was supporting United as it feels like City are buying trophies

Quote Originally Posted by clockwatcher
    City were the best team and could have won with 10 men. I think united were lucky to get away with it.
    I believe that traditionally the best team scores the most goals, wins the match, and progresses the next round of the cup.
    F.T.F.A.

I'm a City fan and despite my bias the whole game turned on Kompany being sent off, which was a dreadful decision. The ref looked like he wasn't going to do anything until Rooney started waving his arms around. He maybe a talented player but he really is an arse.

City really did their best in the second half and were unlucky not to get a penalty. Great cup tie

As a Liverpool fan I can only hope City's losing streak continues...

Great match by the way... I wasn't convinced I could have called it, even at half time!

City can take a lot from that performance despite losing. Man U were awful in the second half. The fact that Scholes and Giggs are still playing says a lot. Man U were lucky but with players coming back from injury, they should improve. Whether it will be enough to win trophies this season is another matter.

City showed Man U how to play with 10 men. The 1-6 game also turned with a red card but Man U imploded. City didn't.

Banned

Lucky?

Well the only important word does begin with the same letter.

LOST

whole game turned on Kompany being sent off, which was a dreadful decision. The ref looked like he wasn't going to do anything until Rooney started waving his arms around. He maybe a talented player but he really is an arse.
    Yep, same old story with refs and Rooney being a first class nob.

Horrible decision, and considering Kompany has been City's best player this season, can certainly be said to have hugely impacted the game.

Banned

Best team won imo

United's best man? Chris Foy. He was very poor throughout & after QPR/Chelsea somebody needs to have a word with him.

I'll bet you Chris Hoy's braced this evening though :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :D :D
    ______

​Jim.

Not lucky with the draw...Liverpool away :shock:

Evra may actually get killed. Suarez (probably fortunately) still banned. Most volatile football match England's ever held? :shock:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    I believe that traditionally the best team scores the most goals, wins the match, and progresses the next round of the cup.
    Traditionally yes. But at times the best team can lose due to chance. In this case city had their best man sent off 10 minutes into the game and he really shouldnt have been sent off. City played like demons and if they had a full squad, they would have beaten united. They were the better team, but they lost.

I am a lifelong UTD fan and yes they were awful in the second half as for the sending off being influenced by Rooney if Kompany hadnt have gone airbourne with his studs showing he wouldnt have been sent off I am sick of players and a certain manager brandishing imaginery cards its high time any player guilty of this is himself carded its a foreign import the game can do without.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy
    I'm a City fan and despite my bias the whole game turned on Kompany being sent off, which was a dreadful decision. The ref looked like he wasn't going to do anything until Rooney started waving his arms around. He maybe a talented player but he really is an arse.

City really did their best in the second half and were unlucky not to get a penalty. Great cup tie
    Agreed it was a poor decision, Nani got up and carried on without a complain it was that innocuous. That decision cost sity the game. I like most others like to see 11 play 11.

Banned

You cheat, you lose.

OP, stop being a blue nose, or write to the FA and demand a rematch or something.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    You cheat, you lose.

OP, stop being a blue nose, or write to the FA and demand a rematch or something.
    blue nose? neither team is mine, I told you already, I'm a Cobbler mate :wink:

Banned

You cheat, you lose.

Sorry OP, but there's one universal trait common in all City fans - they moan, oh they moan, then they moan some more.

I saw some similarities in this post :mrgreen:

there's one universal trait common in all City fans - they moan, oh they moan
    You mean like Sr'Alex Baconface when he loses? :D

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    there's one universal trait common in all City fans - they moan, oh they moan
    You mean like Sr'Alex Baconface when he loses? :D
    Scarto, you are a confirmed United fan in denial. Gays are not segregated at matches now you know :wink:

Master

You cheat, you lose.

Sorry OP, but there's one universal trait common in all City fans - they moan, oh they moan, then they moan some more.

I saw some similarities in this post :mrgreen:
    There is no way I am a city fan end of

Also read the thread - it say I was supporting United in this game :wink:

City were the better team but MU had Rooney. I loved Scholes, he is even slower and wiser than he used to be!

"united"........I actually thought united did well against rovers on Saturday !!!

:angryfire: ........does my head in this constant 'only one united' view !!!

Blog Entries

United....lucky

Agreed it was a poor decision, Nani got up and carried on without a complain it was that innocuous. That decision cost sity the game. I like most others like to see 11 play 11.
    Says something of the challenge of Nani carried on - he's normally one of the worst for rolling around in agony if even his hair is displaced by a tackle. Rooney was an @rse - talented - but still an @rse.

That said - if the ref is swayed by such behaviour then surely he shouldn't be in charge of such big games. It ruined any prospect of a game - entertaining though it was.

z

Blog Entries

United....lucky

Oh & Roy Keane was an @rse too.
    Take the medicine ?
    What kind of punditry is that?

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig
    Take the medicine ?

z
    Arses like Keane, Rooney, Ferdinand etc...arrogant, myopic fans...and then they wonder why people hate United. They call it 'jealousy'. :roll:

I think the rules are that a two footed tackle is an instant red card.
    A broken leg isn't required, just both feet up in the air, with the potential to cause major injury.

Many teams are notorious for surrounding a referee eg Liverpool.
    As we all know Mancini loves to wave his imaginary cards from the sideline.

IMO anyone trying to influence the ref should get a yellow card. It would soon stop.
    In this case I would say Rooney gets a yellow for attempting to influence the ref, and Kompany gets sent off
    due to the rules of the game.

Was stunned by the nonsense by the 'experts' at half time, suggesting it was damage limitation for City.
    What a load of rubbish. They got an early goal, and the match was wide open

Blog Entries

United....lucky

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan
    A broken leg isn't required, just both feet up in the air, with the potential to cause major injury.

IMO anyone trying to influence the ref should get a yellow card. It would soon stop.
    Agreed - managers and players alike should be punished for brandishing imaginary cards.

The puzzling thing with the Kompany challenge was that he got the ball with his instep - so couldn't be arriving studs up ? so what's the rule there?

z

Agreed - managers and players alike should be punished for brandishing imaginary cards.

The puzzling thing with the Kompany challenge was that he got the ball with his instep - so couldn't be arriving studs up ? so what's the rule there?

z
    Kompany collected the ball with his insteps..he almost slid along the ground so there was not 'both feet in the air'...the ref seemed to be influenced by Rooney and Welbeck who were very keen on getting a fellow professional sent off.

That's probably the last time they get that toe rag on the panel - the only footballer in over 30 years of watching the game I really detest. They could have got many other ex-Man Utd players (like Cantona, one of the most talented players I've ever seen) who would have been 'neutral' but they chose this a$$hole.

Take the medicine ?

z

I'm happy in the knowledge that Utd are dire. Only one way now and that's down.

Gloating about winning a match playing 10 men for 80 mins.

I for one was hugely impressed by the lads who nearly stole it at the end. Now that would have been funny.

I wasn't no 6-1 and never will be. Utd are 5hite , end of.

You will get turned over by the bindippers.

Craftsman

Well if we're getting onto rules, I counted three tackles from behind by MU players- these are supposed to get a yellow card but none were given. You'd almost think the officials were bought...
    Before anyone starts I'm a Spurs fan!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craggie
    Well if we're getting onto rules, I counted three tackles from behind by MU players- these are supposed to get a yellow card but none were given. You'd almost think the officials were bought...
    Quite - Giggs certainly got away with it
    & quite how Ferdinand got a free kick after kicking James Milner while he was down ? ? ?
    Must be a new rule I am not aware of ?
    z

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    whole game turned on Kompany being sent off, which was a dreadful decision. The ref looked like he wasn't going to do anything until Rooney started waving his arms around. He maybe a talented player but he really is an arse.
    Yep, same old story with refs and Rooney being a first class nob.

Horrible decision, and considering Kompany has been City's best player this season, can certainly be said to have hugely impacted the game.
    Agreed. As a neutral, thought city were playing well but the best thing that could happen was for utd to score first... then the ref spoiled the game !

Quote Originally Posted by craggie
    Quite - Giggs certainly got away with it
    & quite how Ferdinand got a free kick after kicking James Milner while he was down ? ? ?
    Must be a new rule I am not aware of ?
    z
    Carrick hacked someone down when they were breaking away. Clear professional foul & no yellow card. Phil Jones had a couple of bad tackles too.
    Don't start me on Evra laying hands on the ref when being booked :roll:

Kompany? I don't even think it was a foul. He clearly took the ball, his intent was to take the ball & Nani (who usually collapses like a Victorian
    heroine with the vapours at the merest contact) stayed on his feet. Foy didn't even blow his whistle until Rooney waved his arms & screamed at him.
    ______

​Jim.

He did it once v Liverpool unless you have another few examples?

i only seen pieces of it as i was out pub crawling, the last one i entered wheen the game was over, the general concensus was tha the ref was man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by oldstock
    i only seen pieces of it as i was out pub crawling, the last one i entered wheen the game was over, the general concensus was tha the ref was man of the match.
    Yep, Baconface would have patted him on the head and given him a biscuit after the game, although if he calls him the "best referee in the country", Howard Webb might get a bit jealous. :roll:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... oward-webb

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat
    He did it once v Liverpool unless you have another few examples?
    Perhaps it was a one-off, but the comment does highlight that no team, and not even their support staff pitchside, is above gamesmanship. And to single out Rooney is plain ludicrous. 'Engineered' red cards are as much a part of the game as diving or pre match mind games.

United got lucky, never in a million years was that a sending off!
    Don't worry though their luck is about to run out, they play Liverpool at Anfield in the next round :wink:
    Hopefully we will stuff them :D

Quote Originally Posted by amar7274
    United got lucky, never in a million years was that a sending off!
    Don't worry though their luck is about to run out, they play Liverpool at Anfield in the next round :wink:
    Hopefully we will stuff them :D
    I commentated on Liverpool's win over them in the league last season... one of the highlights of my commentary life! :D

Can listen back to it here... http://www.radiocity.co.uk/on-air/lfc-matchbook/

Master

I am neutral (cobblers fan so very used to losing ) I was supporting United as it feels like City are buying trophies

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Last time I'll say this.
    United have been chucking cash around since the year dot. The last side they had that wasn't 'bought in' was the world class 1994/95 side when their youth training really paid off, bringing the Nevilles, Scholes, Beckham and Nicky Butt through the ranks to first team football.

City have had some top shelf players come through the academy too in the last decade, but our situation meant we've had to sell them off to keep the club afloat. Now we've got some investment we can compete in BUYING, along with Arsenal, United, Chelsea and others. It takes several seasons to build a trophy winning squad, even with bottomless pockets. The fact we're FA cup holders and serious contenders for the league this season is testament to the manager, fans and this years squad WANTING to win (as opposed to vultures like Tevez and Robinho who just want the daft wages regardless of performance).

Ok, so we're the most prolific spenders this season, but when United and Chelsea comment on us buying trophies I laugh my cock off at the idiot managers and the fans who follow them along like sheep.

Anyone remember United's disgusting tactics at luring Rooney away from Everton with their chunks of £50 notes?

United had a cracking game on Sunday, but the referee took all the 'contest' out of the game. A dodgy sending off and two penalties turned down (one each) was pretty shoddy from a top flight ref.

Our 10 men v's United's 12 men was never a fair contest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak

Last time I'll say this
    I wish :roll:

You've been moaning for years and nowt will ever change.

That's not just you Kev, it refers to all the blue nose criers.

interesting, Sure United have spent big when they needed to, on key players in certain areas but there is a perception (note: I said "perception") that City have pretty much bought all of their squad in the last 2-3 years, much in the same way Chelski did 5-6 years ago, with the associated success that b(r)ought.

I'm not saying its right or wrong on either side, United's net spend is pretty low, I suspect largely due to the Glazers but thats another debate.

Take a look at the German Clubs as an example perhaps of how football should be. And well, they've hardly got a great national team have they? :twisted: Whoever you support and whichever way you look at it there's simply too much money in the EPL for it to be anything other than a business. Hence he with the deepest pockets or best investments will over time be the most successful given the right ingredients of good player and manager etc. Discuss :twisted:

Master

interesting, Sure United have spent big when they needed to, on key players in certain areas but there is a perception (note: I said "perception") that City have pretty much bought all of their squad in the last 2-3 years, much in the same way Chelski did 5-6 years ago, with the associated success that b(r)ought.

So City coming into some dosh and building a squad of contenders in 2-3 years is different from United doing the same over 5-6 years?
    Because that's all they've done.

United may be 'old money' and City 'new money' (see bear pit thread! :wink: ), but football is a cash driven sport these days and ANY club has to spend a fortune in order to compete. Top players want top dollar to come to a club. If you don't have lots of money now, you can only sign mediocre, on the way out or up and coming players.
    The solution? Cap wages.
    Will it happen? No.
    The FA are a bunch of spineless yes-men and have let the wage-cap ship well and truly sail!

I am massively behind the idea of having 5 'home grown' players in every side. That would take this 'buying talent' argument down a little bit at least. It's something the FA suggested in 2007 and then quietly buried. God forbid we are forced to nurture our own talent - I mean, we might accidentally get a decent international side together instead of playing the stale rubbish that crashed out of the last World Cup... (Rooney as our star striker?!? Did I fall asleep and miss 6 years?)

If you dig deep enough, most clubs have 'bought' their team. You can count on one hand the clubs with strong youth coaches who use the program to build their squad. The big kudos shouldn't go to the big 4 (although how Arsenal have survived with a closed cheque book - even resorted to re-signing ancient heroes), it should go to clubs like Newcastle who made a fortune selling Carroll and spent minimally, yet still hold a decent league place.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    Traditionally yes. But at times the best team can lose due to chance. In this case city had their best man sent off 10 minutes into the game and he really shouldnt have been sent off. City played like demons and if they had a full squad, they would have beaten united. They were the better team, but they lost.
    Err if Utd had their best team team out they would have strolled it. They dominated the first half and should of had another penalty. I thought city did well in the second half but the best team won

Master

double post

Master

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Last time I'll say this.
    United have been chucking cash around since the year dot. The last side they had that wasn't 'bought in' was the world class 1994/95 side when their youth training really paid off, bringing the Nevilles, Scholes, Beckham and Nicky Butt through the ranks to first team football.

City have had some top shelf players come through the academy too in the last decade, but our situation meant we've had to sell them off to keep the club afloat. Now we've got some investment we can compete in BUYING, along with Arsenal, United, Chelsea and others. It takes several seasons to build a trophy winning squad, even with bottomless pockets. The fact we're FA cup holders and serious contenders for the league this season is testament to the manager, fans and this years squad WANTING to win (as opposed to vultures like Tevez and Robinho who just want the daft wages regardless of performance).

Ok, so we're the most prolific spenders this season, but when United and Chelsea comment on us buying trophies I laugh my cock off at the idiot managers and the fans who follow them along like sheep.

Anyone remember United's disgusting tactics at luring Rooney away from Everton with their chunks of £50 notes?

United had a cracking game on Sunday, but the referee took all the 'contest' out of the game. A dodgy sending off and two penalties turned down (one each) was pretty shoddy from a top flight ref.

Our 10 men v's United's 12 men was never a fair contest.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: City shoulder chip syndrome

Dont worry, I have had a lifetime of frustration being a Cobber's fan, and I dont have any shoulders left :wink:

So City coming into some dosh and building a squad of contenders in 2-3 years is different from United doing the same over 5-6 years?
    Because that's all they've done.

but football is a cash driven sport these days and ANY club has to spend a fortune in order to compete. Top players want top dollar to come to a club. If you don't have lots of money now, you can only sign mediocre, on the way out or up and coming players.
    The solution? Cap wages.
    Will it happen? No.
    The FA are a bunch of spineless yes-men and have let the wage-cap ship well and truly sail!

I can't disagree with you at all (I can't but I will b :wink: ) I think Utd have spent big on one or two players occasionally rather than the scale to which Chelski and City have done of late. Would it be different if SAF had oodles of cash? Almost certainly he'd be spending it. There's no jealousy in my post, it is what it is and sadly a part of the modern game...

Capping wages? Absolutely the right thing to do and absolutely why it won't be done. I agree entirely with that point for sure.

Re: Home grown players? I refer you back to the German team again... I think they may come to dominate the world scene for a few years when the team comes to maturity...

City are the team to beat but never write man u off