closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cameron warned them to stay out of India.......

Craftsman

Cameron warned them to stay out of India.......

Looks like those Top Gear boys have been at it again. I watched it and thought it was a tad on the crass side but nothing to warrant the amount of complaints.

Funny though that David Cameron actually warned them to keep out of India at the start of the programme.

:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16526687

Re: Cameron warned them to stay out of India.......

Top Gear strikes again. Every time they offend someone they get a whole host of free publicity. I didn't know anything about this episode but it sounds like it's worth watching when it turns up on Dave.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by gingerpaul
    Top Gear strikes again. Every time they offend someone they get a whole host of free publicity. I didn't know anything about this episode but it sounds like it's worth watching when it turns up on Dave.

Nah it was a bad episode, dont waist 1 1/2 hours of your life.

Same as every other challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerpaul

Nah it was a bad episode, dont waist 1 1/2 hours of your life.
    +1 and I'm normally a fan. :(

Master

I thought it was stupid and by far the worst challenge. Usually their challenges / trips are pretty awesome (the South America one being my all-time favourite) but this India one was boring and far too scripted.

They behave like complete idiots . I expect it from clarkson, hammond tags along like the show host wannabe characature that he has become , but may should really know better . I feel like a head teacher at a minor public school writing an end of year report .
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Crass, dull and predictable.

As has been said, don't waste your time.

The food part was cringe worthy - it felt like watch The Office but without the comedy value.

It's embarrassing . As a brit who travels to India regularly I find it particularly so

I agree with the others, i'm a big fan of Top gear but this particular episode was abysmal.

Generally enjoy it as its funny, but sometimes I want to cringe with shame- and turn over.

Banned

Stopped enjoying TG around 2 years ago as it is now to obvious that everything is staged.

Same old jokes every season.

The old re-runs on The DAVE channel are great though.

Quote Originally Posted by AM94
    Crass, dull and predictable.

As has been said, don't waste your time.

The food part was cringe worthy - it felt like watch The Office but without the comedy value.
    Agreed - the food bit was particularly bad. They couldn't give a toss/

Shame really - used to be a good watch before it obvious, boring and clearly up it's own arse - at the Tax Payers expense.

Distugusted of Tunbridge Wells.

I find it just totally contrived,it was probably always that way but I just never used to see it behind the thin veil of entertainment.
    Its had its day in my opinion,I wouldn't miss it if it wasnt on anymore.

I think they've lost there way with these programmes.

Banned

All the complaints I find a little pointless, people jumping on the bandwagon somewhat, but I do agree that is wasn't great. It was OK, but compared to their other challenges, it was poor. Over Christmas I watched the South America, Arctic & Vietnam specials - they are all superb.

Master

I felt that with this one the cars were almost incidental; previous specials have been contrived, overly scripted and obviously staged, but at least they featured car stuff.

The only part in the India one which actually required the cars was the modifications, but these were intended as a joke-sensible modifications, carried out by a ham-fisted idiot are one thing, but they just spoilt the cars for comedic effect. It wasn't funny.

Vietnam was the best . About the last time clarkson did anything to justify the license fee

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath
    Vietnam was the best . About the last time clarkson did anything to justify the license fee
    Yeah, Vietnam and S. America were superb. Vietnam pips it I think, oddly - no cars!
    Africa was good too.. doesn't seem to get aired that often on Dave etc.

Grand Master

I thought it was a duffer too but the real measure of its success was to get hypersensitive and easily offended types all riled up - and they didn't disappoint!

Still, that's a damming indictment of Top Gear in general from this forum. The BBC should pull it forthwith and replace it with something righteous and wholesome, such as an hour-long rant by John Pilger :D
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Definitely the worst of the "specials", although I did laugh at the "cricket", firing cans/balls from the modified Jag exhausts. I think the High Commission is a bit sensitive, though.

Master

Top Gear is now firmly in LOW gear. :roll:

It's the first time I've stopped watching an episode of Top Gear. I've deleted it from my Sky+ too so can't watch it now. It was far in away the worst of the special trips.

Just watched this clip on youtube, lots of comments from the presenters about the dangers of driving on the roads in India. Not sure if it is just me, but some of the weaving in and out of the traffic flow by the TG team themselves, particularly the squirt in the mini, appears far from reasoned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ8SxeL2CmA

Master

Watched this on Iplayer last night, you have to 21:00 this evening but don't bother.

As previously observed crass and vey little car content. The earlier ones like Africa that really concentrated on the cars were much better.

It will be interesting to see if JC shows the same nous that he did when he walked away from the original, magazine format TG. Because this format has clearly run its course (and probably did so ages ago), as many in this thread have noted.

The negative tone of most posts here is very telling for another reason, because without unduly stereotyping our membership I do think that we are, as a group, pretty close to the core target demographic for the show.

^
    Nope. The vitriol poured on JC at any and every opportunity by those with zero sense of humour, and by association TG, marks most here as quite contrary to the demographic. The comments here are simply, as someone else said, jumping on the anti-JC bandwagon. I'd guess few who posted in this thread actually watch TG at all. Daily Fail readers.
    It's akin to those who never watch TV complaining that there's nothing to watch.

Well I'm a Clarkson fan, read all the books, get the DVDs, etc etc, and I don't read the Mail.

Yet I also think it was shockingly bad.

Ahh, thanks for the warning everyone. I've not watched Top Gear for years now as I think the format has had its day. I'm a Clarkson and May fan too.

Master

I think they are running out of ideas

Nothing wrong with the format, this was just a crap programe. They got lazy and couldn't be arsed. Think of the effort required in the Arctic, South America and Vietnam, this was just a jolly in 5 star hotels no doubt.