SB3 photo has recaptured my imagination after missing out on the SB1 and reminds me, as it should of the wrist watches that the older medal ribboned BOAC pilots wore when I was a 'young' fitter with the airline.

Size matters and while I'd prefer some things to be much bigger a wrist watch of this style is not one of them, 39mm diameter being at the very limit for me.
If a 'ladies' version of the SB3 or an equivelent was to be produced at 36mm diameter with 20mm lugs I would most probably swallow my pride and go for it preferring the under to the overstated!

Sterile dial looks brilliant although 'Precista' would not detract from the beauty of the instrument. Circle P's T's and arrows can look good as a counter balance but are not in my view necessary in this case. Country of origin well why bother, far better I would have thought to have 'Sheffield' placed there as a nod in the direction of where the idea for the watch was conceived.

Fixed bars may be truer to the original but spring bars mounted in drilled through lugs are far more practical and in themselves denote in my opinion quality, who of us fails to spot drilled through lugs on the timepeices of fellow travellers etc?

The crown? well that seems to be the SB3's crowning glory, dont change it!

I dont normally contribute anything to this forum as time (no pun intended) is at a premium and those members who are better quailified say mostly what I would mean to say anyway. But Eddie's SB3 project proposal has rekindled the search abandoned when the last SB1 was sold.

Having said all this I bet this is going to be a limited edition model and that all the numbers have already been spoken for :cry: